Volta-Region

Urgent! Was was denied visa in Ghana today

219 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have a question. 1. For those you submitted the disclosure paperwork to your senators/reps, have you heard anything following submission? 2. How long have you been in AP and have you heard anything since the denial?

You have to contact the senator's office again after you submit the privacy release form. You need to send an email to the embassy and ask the status of your case. They will reply you and explain what's going on with it. Better yet, ask the senator's office to do that. You'll probably get a better reply.

Timeline

I guess my thread is now the De facto thread for the Ghana embassy denial advice. But it's good to have everything experience and advice in one place so they can be easily found.

Timeline

If we don't get any news from the embassy this week I'll email my senator so he can ask them the status and they need anything. I'll send him a smart and factual email so he can forward it to the embassy. Hopefully it compels them to quickly make a decision.

Timeline

Hey fellow Ghanaian wives and husbands, Im still waiting to hear from the embassy. I was thinking if all these cases are sent back to the USCIS from Ghana. Shouldn't raise a red flag. Im just wondering if they have a quota they have to meet. I wish this process was not so hard. I miss my husband and its not feasible to travel three times a year to see him. People waiting for their husband and wife to be with them. I talked to my husband today his just cried because he missed and he wasn't feeling well. It hurt not being there. Most of us had more than enough evidence they just know that they are not gonna let so many into this country. Im really thinking about moving there maybe I can find work. This is not an easy road for us. One of my girlfriends husband has been in AP since Sept of last year and the case is still at the embassy. This country must get a forgiving heart.

Your girlfriend should contact her senator because that is the same time we were put on ap September 5,2014, so our case was just sitting there until the senator just reached out to them

Timeline

I have a question. 1. For those you submitted the disclosure paperwork to your senators/reps, have you heard anything following submission? 2. How long have you been in AP and have you heard anything since the denial?

It took 4 weeks, the Emabssy didn't respond to her at first, so I called her and she resubmitted a request and now their saying they will try and speed it up give them 45 to 60 days to finish the adminstrative processing

Timeline

Ms Bonsu she has called her senator and embassy. She makes it her to do it daily. They have went to the village and spoke his family to see if the marriage is legit. But this whole process is grueling.

Timeline

I went to Km on 6 July 2015 and KM asked a lot of questions...I provided all the necessary documents but she end up sayin she think our married is not strong enough so she is sending the case back to NVC and will write to my wife and explain why she denied me the visa......My wife is a citizen with my name on her passport but don't no why they have choose to do such things to us. My wife is coming to visit me in Ghana so that we will overcome pain small.

Timeline

I went to Km on 6 July 2015 and KM asked a lot of questions...I provided all the necessary documents but she end up sayin she think our married is not strong enough so she is sending the case back to NVC and will write to my wife and explain why she denied me the visa......My wife is a citizen with my name on her passport but don't no why they have choose to do such things to us. My wife is coming to visit me in Ghana so that we will overcome pain small.

So sorry this embassy is the worst, you need to tell your wife to contact her senator now and get them involved, and explain why this co km did what she did, if your wife hurries there is a possibility of keeping your case in Ghana, but if not your senator will be of great help to you and your wife for the rest of your journey, complaints have been made for this co from various couples on your same journey, that is why it's important for your wife to act now!

Timeline

So sorry this embassy is the worst, you need to tell your wife to contact her senator now and get them involved, and explain why this co km did what she did, if your wife hurries there is a possibility of keeping your case in Ghana, but if not your senator will be of great help to you and your wife for the rest of your journey, complaints have been made for this co from various couples on your same journey, that is why it's important for your wife to act now!

My wife called the senator and she was asked to call the congressman office and the the one responsible for the immigration issues acted and called the embassy but they said the Hv closed the case so she asked us to wait for three months then we could take the case from the NVC. Can my wife book an appointment to meet them at Ghana embassy since she is coming to Ghana?

Timeline

My wife called the senator and she was asked to call the congressman office and the the one responsible for the immigration issues acted and called the embassy but they said the Hv closed the case so she asked us to wait for three months then we could take the case from the NVC. Can my wife book an appointment to meet them at Ghana embassy since she is coming to Ghana?

I asked the senator that and she said no, because if my husband isn't here by November I will visit him in December, I did go to the embassy on my first visit after we were married to ask questions at the American service window, but I doubt with this embassy if they will assist her with your visa, but it doesn't hurt to try I guess

Timeline

I asked the senator that and she said no, because if my husband isn't here by November I will visit him in December, I did go to the embassy on my first visit after we were married to ask questions at the American service window, but I doubt with this embassy if they will assist her with your visa, but it doesn't hurt to try I guess

Ok thanks.....so it means ur case came to USCIS and the wrote you, how long has the whole process take?

Timeline

Ok thanks.....so it means ur case came to USCIS and the wrote you, how long has the whole process take?

No my case is still sitting in Ghana, maybe for decoration?? we were put on ap September 5, so sitting waiting collecting dust, but it seems it has been brushed off because the senator has acted on my behalf so they say 45 to 60 days, that was the chief consular reply so now I'm waiting again, like I like being away from my hubby?

Timeline

No my case is still sitting in Ghana, maybe for decoration?? we were put on ap September 5, so sitting waiting collecting dust, but it seems it has been brushed off because the senator has acted on my behalf so they say 45 to 60 days, that was the chief consular reply so now I'm waiting again, like I like being away from my hubby?

Hmmmmm.....so it's almost one year now?

Timeline

Hmmmmm.....so it's almost one year now?

Yes, I think they like to make you sit and wait to see if you will walk away, but I'm not going, if it wasn't for my job I would be in Ghana with him!

Timeline

Yes, I think they like to make you sit and wait to see if you will walk away, but I'm not going, if it wasn't for my job I would be in Ghana with him!

Oh my God with this people, when my wife comes we will go and meet them and if we get no good response then we will start it from the congress 3 month time.....may God be our help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.