Jump to content

Police clearance expired

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Wife got a police clearance for the time we were in the UAE, however she moved back to the Philippines in March and is has now expired. She has one from the Philippines as well, will the expired UAE one be an issue given she is no longer there? There's really no way of going about obtaining one short of physically flying back there but I don't see how that's possible at this point.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so according to this

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE..

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport..

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE..


If you reside outside of the country which she does, a police clearance is not needed.

You think it would still be beneficial to submit the one she does have, along with a typed letter showing when she moved back along with plane ticket, etc?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If she hasn't been back to the UAE then the police certificate she has is more than fine. Considering she cannot get a new one.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a similar issue as I was born and raised in Bahrain but haven't been there for several years. If you or your fiancee/wife have friends/relatives there, then they can get the application form and submit on your behalf. You would need to provide current passport copy, copy of all previous passports which contains the resident permit stamps along with photos. You may also want to contact the UAE embassy in your country (if there is one) and explain the situation, they may be able to provide a solution. Hope this helps.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.