Greenbaum

UPDATE!! Important new info about visa issuance

40 posts in this topic

Scroll down to the information highlighted in yellow for new information on how USEM is handling visa's.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/nonimmigrant-visa.html

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Information, I was reading through this confused as my fiancee's interview was on the 18th and was never notified to have it changed. She went and had her interview no problem they just told her to expect delivery in about 3 weeks with no mention of the problems. I wonder if it's because they treat the K1 as an immirgant visa even though it's not (listed on usem as nonimmigrant) that she was able to keep that appt.

They said they sent emails since May 27th. That was before this visa printing thing was announced. So is the related to that, sounds like it as they mention the June 9th date.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Never heard them say give it 3 weeks. Usually just say to wait for the visa to arrive.

Well they said it should take about 3 weeks to arrive. She said it was very fast minus the waiting, asked two questions and didn't ask for anything she brung except the required forms. The only part I thought weird was they didn't give her a 2go paper. And no she didn't get a blue 201(g) (whatever number it is)slip.

Didn't mean to deviate from the thread just mentioning that mine was on the exact date and she was never notified but I guess it's because they treated it as an innigrant visa though even being list as a nonimmigrant on their site and as immigrant on ceac.

Timeline

We did the interview in November, We got nothing from 2Go at the embassy either, I didn't see anyone get anything from 2go at the embassy.

Ah ok, I just see alot of people talking about it. I wasn't worried as the process was extremely smooth...just found it weird.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~non-contributory post removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

The Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our overseas passport and visa systems. This issue is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working urgently to correct the problem and restore full operability.

Currently, we are unable to print most immigrant and nonimmigrant visas approved after June 8, 2015. In addition, U.S. embassies and consulates are unable to process new applications submitted on or after June 9, 2015.

Individuals with visa interview appointments scheduled for June 22 and 23, 2015, should reschedule their appointments if they submitted a DS-160 online application after June 9, 2015. Appointments can be rescheduled by following the instructions located on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph.

Individuals who submitted their DS-160 online applications prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled visa interview appointments. However, due to technical delays, we will not be able to process your visa in a timely manner.

Those with urgent travel should follow the instructions for expedited emergency appointment found onhttp://manila.usembassy.gov/expedited-appointments.html. At the moment, we will try to accommodate expedited requests for urgent medical treatment (including organ donation), visiting a dying immediate family member, or attending the funeral of an immediate family member. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit will determine the merits of the request and will provide instructions when the request is approved.

Last Updated on June 22, 2015

Technology is great........ until it breaks. Then we all move back to the stone age.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

i already scheduled my appointment july 30, but im having second thoughts in filing the ds-160.. should i have to wait for it to be fixed?

Main forum on all these issues.....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/552764-bad-news-for-anyone-who-filed-visa-recently/

I would go ahead though, that's over a month away....you're gonna be a month behind in line if you wait. The embassy doesn't tell you not to do it or make an appt. I would do it if it were I.

Timeline

I did my interview on the June 18th. For those who had their applications approved, we were told to wait for 2 to 3 weeks. Almost all of us who had the interview during that day had our ds 160 submitted prior to June 9. Hoping this will be over soon. :)

11/9/2015 sent AOS/EAD/AP application to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/2015 received a text message of receipt of application

11/18/2015 received written notification for the 3 applications

11/24/2015 received a notice of biometric appoint on 12/8/2015

12/8/2015 did the biometrics

1/16/2016 case update: "card production was ordered on 1/16/2015

1/19/2016 case update: case was approved

1/21/2016 case update: card was mailed

1/23/2016 received welcom letter :)

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Timeline

I did my interview on the June 18th. For those who had their applications approved, we were told to wait for 2 to 3 weeks. Almost all of us who had the interview during that day had our ds 160 submitted prior to June 9. Hoping this will be over soon. :)

Us too....interview the 18th and wait three weeks...

Timeline

Currently, we are unable to print most immigrant and nonimmigrant visas approved after June 8, 2015.

Our interview was on April 23, had 221g for an NBI with a.k.a, CEAC status went from AP to Non-Immigrant Ready on June 17. What date do you think were we approved on? Is "approval" on the day when the status changes to Ready or is it when the status changes to Issued?

12-01-2014: Sent I-129F package via FedEx

12-03-2014: Package arrived at TSC

12-08-2014: Check cashed

12-12-2014: NOA1 hard copy

01-23-2015: USCIS status: Case was Approved

01-30-2015: NOA2 hard copy

02-02-2015: USCIS sent K1 package to NVC

02-10-2015: NVC received K1 package

02-11-2015: Date that NVC supposedly assigned case number

02-18-2015: Called NVC and asked for case number

02-23-2015: Paid MRV Fee

03-02-2015: Scheduled USEM interview appointment

03-02-2015: NVC letter received

03-09-2015: Medical interview

04-23-2015: USEM interview, got 221g email, CEAC status: Immigrant AP

04-28-2015: CFO Seminar, sent 221g response

04-29-2015: USEM received 221g response

04-30-2015: CEAC status date updated

06-17-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant Ready

06-27-2015: CEAC status: Non-Immigrant AP

07-01-2015: Visa in hand! (CEAC still AP lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.