VolimTe

June Applicants (petitioning for parents)

7 posts in this topic

My husband sent forms I-130 for his parents on June 8th. Received an email on June 9th:

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS Nebraska Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number xxxxxxxxx

Whats the next step after we get the receipt. Do we just wait for approval?

Thanks for the help

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes.

In the meantime, the parents can apply for their passports and obtain their original civil documents.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I can not stress the importance of 5-6 months window you get now. This is the time to get all necessary civil documents and other logistics. Once you get I-130 approval, next steps fly very fast. Any delays could be due to lack of some documents.

What about if the civil documents are older than 6 months because we dont know when exactly we will get the approval?? I know that sometimes they require that documents r recent. Should his parents send all the civil documents to US? I am not sure how the process works?

Edited by VolimTe

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only thing that expires is the police certificate, depending on the country who issued it, so double check that.

Your parents can scan the docs and email them to you. You print it out and mail it via courier to NVC, unless you are covered by electronic processing. If you are under EP, you can simply email the scanned docs to NVC.

Your parents will bring the originals to their interview.

Edited by apple21

Do any of you have a list of documents that I could collect before the approval? I found a thread on here but i am having a hard time finding it!

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do any of you have a list of documents that I could collect before the approval? I found a thread on here but i am having a hard time finding it!

See step 4 & 5 for documentation that will be required. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Also under step 5 see the heading Review Embassy/Consulate Instructions and choose the PDF for your parent's country that will have additional information of anything else required. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.