20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I have no advice in regards to the GC, but in-laws put stress on a LOT of marriages. My wife and I know that if we lived even w/in a couple hours drive of her parents, we'd go crazy. I can only imagine having to live with them!

Point being, assuming it would just be the two of you in your own place (and not his parents joining you), yes, stick it out, no question.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Hang in there. Maybe have a little silly ceremony or party for 2 with your husband when you move out from the in-laws.

In-laws, despite their best intentions, can be toxic for a marriage, because one of you is their child, always. Moving out will be good for you both, and I bet it will put some good fresh air into your relationship.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Hi, I'm back again. So we tried.. but actually I tried to try and didn't work out. I will file for divorce shortly. The only big problem is that we got a house. I know, it's gonna make divirce more complicated but I belive I can do it. There is so many reson for divorce decision. I just don't want to be with somebody who totally doesn't care about me. The marriage was very bad already for mamy months.

I will do my best to finish divorce, I'm very sacred if I do it correvtly. Then I will try to remove conditions on my gc. Hopefully they will belive me because the marriage was real. It was true.

There is another option for me too, because I met fantastic guy and I finally see how it really should be like. I don't say I'm gonna do it but if there would be an option to remarry? Let's assume they deny my 10 ur gc and will try to deport me, then if I remarry will there be a time that I'm without gc? Regardless what happens I just want to continue working during this whole processes going on and not be here illegally.

Any advice or experience thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.