Henley1989

USCIS time vs Website

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

Im sure this has been discussed but cant find something on it.

Official website for Texas service centre, for K1 visa gives processing date of 18th sep 2014.

Visa journey link below gives a very different date of November 3

http://www.visajourney.com/content/times

Further links reveal people are getting NOA2 from dates submitted earl-mid NOV 2014.

So my question is this. Is the USCIS website completely inaccurate? It looks like first hand results from this website is a better sign of realistic processing dates.

Comments?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The page says that those dates (Sept 18) are from the last time they updated on March 31. It's frustrating.

There are still a ton of unapproved October filers though.

(L) K1 Visa Journey (L)

I-129F sent: 10/23/2014

I-129F received by USCIS: 10/27/2014

NOA-1: 10/30/2014

NOA-2: 10/29/2015

Interview: 02/03/2016 **APPROVED**

Entered US: 03/04/2016

Married: 03/09/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Yes to what Wren said. The USCIS data is always 6 weeks outdated when they publish it. And they're due for a new update any day now, so right now it's about 9-10 weeks outdated.

TSC seems to be approving all over the place right now. December and January people are being approved, while a few September and most Octobers are still waiting. It's so difficult to predict.

There is also the USCIS case searcher and tracker iOS app (or USCIS case status notifier for android). With the apps you can pick a number before yours and have it run through yours and can get an idea of whether people with your actual noa1 date are being approved. I was approved withhin a couple days of batches of my date being approved, though there are still at least half waiting. I got lucky. It truly feels like a lot of it is just luck.

A member here has created a subscription service that tracks 10,000 I-129F petitions and sends daily emails with a report outlining what was approved, RFEd, etc. It's awesome. http://google.us10.list-manage1.com/subscribe?u=6750f0b94233a591868fae8ab&id=f245569e74

Edited by Wooderz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The page says that those dates (Sept 18) are from the last time they updated on March 31. It's frustrating.

There are still a ton of unapproved October filers though.

This! The page hasn't been updated in about 10 weeks so add ten weeks onto Sept 18th. As far as timelines on here, they seem to be pretty reliable, but it's really only as accurate as the information people are putting in.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. Downloaded the App so will play around with that.. It looks like mid OCT is currently the majority, but yes I did see some from JAN and I was like #######? I guess it is luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the replies. Downloaded the App so will play around with that.. It looks like mid OCT is currently the majority, but yes I did see some from JAN and I was like #######? I guess it is luck

Keep in mind some people may have put Texas thinking that's where they were assigned since that's where the petition was sent. The could have very well went to California and not properly did their timeline. Seems though they are mostly working October/November right now while Cali is on late April early May.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.