balawinah

US embassy in Jordan

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

First of all i would like to thank everyone for the great help and support my fiancée and i getting through this site, we got our NOA1 back on 11/7/2014 and we still waiting hopping this month will hear something, the question i have once we get our NOA2 and then call NVC for case # i am not sure what would be the process after that back in Jordan, wish if someone already went through the process in Jordan it would be great help for us, i appreciate any feedback, thanks

Timeline

thanks a lot for your input i looked into the embassy site seems they have different process from other embassies the fees for the visa need to be paid in Jordan and i will need to file DS160 online and arrange for medical examination don't think there is anything else i will need to do through NVC i think.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Go to the US embassy Amman website and go to the immigrant visa section and click on the link for what's needed on the day of interview here is the link

http://jordan.usembassy.gov/iv_documents_required.html

Timeline

Go to the US embassy Amman website and go to the immigrant visa section and click on the link for what's needed on the day of interview here is the link

http://jordan.usembassy.gov/iv_documents_required.html

Thanks a lot Mimolicious, i see you already applied through Jordan do you know how does how exactly we will get packet 3 are they going to mail my fiancee in Jordan or email me something maybe, i am guessing we will need to have it before we can proceed ?? i am glad that i have seen someone from Jordan that i can ask thanks in advance

Timeline

Thanks a lot Mimolicious, i see you already applied through Jordan do you know how does how exactly we will get packet 3 are they going to mail my fiancee in Jordan or email me something maybe, i am guessing we will need to have it before we can proceed ?? i am glad that i have seen someone from Jordan that i can ask thanks in advance

they will email everything. I am not good at knowing which packet is which but I was emailed everything and Amman is 100% electronic, it was the first consulate to go electronic in 2012. In fact my husband's case was the very first case that was done electronically. So that means you will email copies of all of your documents to the NVC and then you will bring the originals with copies to the consulate the day of the interview. They will look at the originals and return them to you, and they will keep the copies. They will give you detailed instructions along the way, and make sure you use the link i gave you for the documents you need to bring to the interview. You will also need to bring the original, signed copy of the affidavit of support to the interview, they will keep it, but make sure to make a copy of all pages for yourself. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. and make sure you have everything on that list, including the certificate of personal information. You can obtain that at civil service department, the same place you get your marriage certificate. Make sure everything that is in Arabic has an English translation

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

they will email everything. I am not good at knowing which packet is which but I was emailed everything and Amman is 100% electronic, it was the first consulate to go electronic in 2012. In fact my husband's case was the very first case that was done electronically. So that means you will email copies of all of your documents to the NVC and then you will bring the originals with copies to the consulate the day of the interview. They will look at the originals and return them to you, and they will keep the copies. They will give you detailed instructions along the way, and make sure you use the link i gave you for the documents you need to bring to the interview. You will also need to bring the original, signed copy of the affidavit of support to the interview, they will keep it, but make sure to make a copy of all pages for yourself. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. and make sure you have everything on that list, including the certificate of personal information. You can obtain that at civil service department, the same place you get your marriage certificate. Make sure everything that is in Arabic has an English translation

very helpful thanks a lot one part i didn't get is emailing NVC all my documents do you mean they will ask for it at some point then i need to emailed them ?? or do i just emailed NVC everything i sent before to USCIS once my case get to NVC ?? and sorry for the trouble

Timeline

very helpful thanks a lot one part i didn't get is emailing NVC all my documents do you mean they will ask for it at some point then i need to emailed them ?? or do i just emailed NVC everything i sent before to USCIS once my case get to NVC ?? and sorry for the trouble

The NVC will email you notifying you of everything you need. We did a spouse visa so things may be a little different for a fiance visa, but without a doubt they will tell you where and when to send everything. If you have questions you can call the NVC directly. It isn;t any trouble at all. Best of luck and keep me updated!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.