jayliang911

What is "Administrative Processing"?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I search and read many topic about "Administrative Processing", but this status only shows on after interview, But I don't even receive packet 3, so what does that mean?
U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Administrative Processing
Immigrant Visa Case Number: GUZ2015XXXXXXX GUZ Case Creation Date: 26-May-2015 Status Updated Date: 05-Jun-2015
Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if the casefile (k-1) was still at NVC, well, I have a longish answer and a thread topic about it.

since you claim, however, that it's LEFT NVC on 30 May 2015, (per yer timeline, and thanks so much for keeping it current !)

then there's something else going on - but

USUALLY a new round of administrative processing STARTS at GUZ IV after the casefile is opened. More background checks, casefile opening, casefile prep, immigrant visa stuff - it's hard to say exactly WHAT's going on - but USUALLY you'll see this right after it flips to 'READY' stage. status then will read as 'administrative processing'.

are you checking daily, keeping a handwritten log or screen-shot log? if no, you should ! even if same status, a status date change is meaningful.

Suggest you have the USCitizen petitioner call into NVC, punch option 3, and ask them if the casefile was opened by GUZ IV yet, or no. Sometimes, GUZ IV will use the SAFEFILE version of the casefile (solely) without waiting for it to come out of the Bonded China Customs Warehouse (where it's supposed to sit for 2 to 3 months, per treaty). If GUZ IV opened the casefile, this tag of 'administrative processing' makes sense, as that's more stuff that GUZ IV does after the casefile is opened.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

hi, i am also in administrative processing. case is GZO. it switched from ready to AP today . interview is in 19 days.

is this normal! will someone contact me or do i proceed as normal?

Timeline

hi, i am also in administrative processing. case is GZO. it switched from ready to AP today . interview is in 19 days.

is this normal! will someone contact me or do i proceed as normal?

GZO? that's an EP case for CR-1 or 2, IR-1/2/5 and

NVC sets the appointment.

K-1 visa chasers have to do something else at GUZ IV to get the appointment,

so,

for you, you don't have to do anything except prep for the appointment - you already have the appointment letter and instructions on what to do, right?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks darnell, i will sleep better tonight.

i have the appointment letter , date june 24th 8:15am .

i will have the appropriate documents in hand as i am going to guangzhou to support my wife.

Now i will not worry for no reason.

Another question: The citic bank account is necessary ? and has to be done online by my wife in china?

Timeline

Thanks darnell, i will sleep better tonight.

i have the appointment letter , date june 24th 8:15am .

i will have the appropriate documents in hand as i am going to guangzhou to support my wife.

Now i will not worry for no reason.

Another question: The citic bank account is necessary ? and has to be done online by my wife in china?

k-1 visa chasers pay the visa application fee with citic bank.

CR-1/IR-1 visa chasers pay the visa application fee to NVC online.

Perhaps you are trying to reference the document delivery coverpage, that is used by the CITIC Bank Courier? If yes, note folk of all visa types MUST have an account at ustraveldocs.com/cn and set up the document delivery coverpage, the nearest CITIC Bank location for the CITIC Bank Courier to USE, print off that coverpage, and hand it in on interview day.

Timeline

'do it for her' ?

can't she , instead, just go in to any internet cafe,

set up an account at ustraveldocs.com/cn

and print out the document delivery coversheet, instead?

what's the dealio ?

Timeline

living without internet access sucks, mostly.

<EOM>

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I am also in AP with AMS case, but my fiancee' has already had his interview (Approved ,June 2nd). Is this because, we had to send in one more document that they received on the 9th?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.