Ttran351

Please help. I-130 F4. I did not include translation of birth certificate.

6 posts in this topic

On August 2013 I filed I-130 to petition for my brother and his family but did not include a translation of his birth's certificate. So far I've only received the notice receipt and nothing else. I've been very worried that they will deny my case because of this? Can I send them my brother's birth cirtificate translation now? And where should I send it to?

Thank you very much for your replies.

It's been a while, so I'm not 100% positive, but, I believe they'd send you a RFE. The worst part of it is the even longer delay. Others here should correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd check the USCIS website for what they call "normal processing time" and see if you can't start a case for this to be expedited. Family members take longer than spouses...but almost 2 years without word seems a bit overkill. You can contact your senators and/or representatives about this and they may be able to help, even if just some advice. They typically have staff that deal solely with immigration.

11/04/2011 - Married San Diego, Venezuela
12/01/2011 - I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox
12/05/2011 - NOA1, Vermont Service Center
06/25/2012 - NOA2 Approval
10/03/2012 - NVC processed IV Application and assigned interview date
11/07/2012 - Interview at US Embassy in Caracas - APPROVED
11/20/2012 - Visa Received
12/17/2012 - Arrival home in Buffalo, NY, PoE = Aruba

Lifting Conditions

09/26/2014 - Filed I-751 - VSC

10/15/2014 - NOA

11/10/2014 - Biometrics at Buffalo, NY Field Office

06/10/2015 - Update to case stating new green card is on order. Approved!

06/16/2015 - Update to case stating new green card was shipped with tracking number

06/18/2015 - New Green card arrived!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sibling petitions take 13 years. So don't worry that they have done nothing yet. It will help keep any children from aging out. Someday they will look and send an RFE for the translation.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

It's been a while, so I'm not 100% positive, but, I believe they'd send you a RFE. The worst part of it is the even longer delay. Others here should correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd check the USCIS website for what they call "normal processing time" and see if you can't start a case for this to be expedited. Family members take longer than spouses...but almost 2 years without word seems a bit overkill. You can contact your senators and/or representatives about this and they may be able to help, even if just some advice. They typically have staff that deal solely with immigration.

it's taking over 12 years, they are f4 category they can't do anything but wait at this point .

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Sibling petitions take 13 years. So don't worry that they have done nothing yet. It will help keep any children from aging out. Someday they will look and send an RFE for the translation.

:thumbs:

OP - The priority date is important which you have filed by sending in the petition...rest agree with the above thought..

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.