Fandango

What are you Thankful for today????

44 posts in this topic

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shudder every time I hear your story Lisa. I'm thankful you are better. It could happen to any one of us any time.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for sharing LisaD....

Im thankful for Life and being in good health, a lovely wife and family.

My brother passed away January 30, im thankful for the time we've shared and the memories that i have of him.

Im thankful that "God gave me the wisdom to accept the things that i cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference".......

David

David & Divina (K1 and AOS Timeline)

05-08-2002 - Met Online (YM)

12-15-2003 - Met in Person

11-14-2004 - I-129F Sent

11-17-2004 - I-129F NOA1/Receipt and Case Number

02-03-2005 - I-129F NOA2/Approved

04-20-2005 - Received Packet 3&4

05-21-2005 - Divina's Medical Exam

05-27-2005 - Divina's Interview

06-02-2005 - Visa Received

07-07-2005 - Divina's US Entry

08-20-2005 - Marriage

SSN

09-08-2005 - Applied

09-21-2005 - Received

AOS

10-28-2005 - Date Filled

11-04-2005 - AOS Package Sent

11-10-2005 - NOA Date/AOS received

11-14-2005 - NOA for Biometrics

12-14-2005 - Biometrics Appointment/AOS only

03-29-2006 - AOS Interview - Approved

04-03-2006 - Welcome to USA Letter Received

04-08-2006 - GreenCard In-hand

Lifting Condition I-751

01-28-2008 - I-751 Package Sent to Nebraska Service Center

01-31-2008 - Check Cashed/Transferred to California Service Center

02-04-2008 - CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

03-06-2008 - Biometrics/FBI was unable to process fingerprint card

03-25-2008 - 2nd Biometrics

05-03-2008 - I-751 Approved

05-08-2008 - 10 year Green Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is a pleasant thread....I am thankful for it because it reminded me that I take a lot for granted.

I-130

8/07/06 mailed I-130 to VSC

8/17/06 NOA1

12/14/06 NOA2

1/24/07 sent I-824 to have I-130 forwarded to NVC

6/15/07 NVC case # assigned.............It's about time!!

9/16/07 case complete after 2 RFE's for DS230

10/9/07 Interview

10/16/07 VISA!!

I-129F

9/10/06 mailed I-129F

9/19/06 NOA1

12/15/06 NOA2

1/09/07 Packet 3 received from Cairo Embassy

2/12/07 Packet 3 returned to Cairo Embassy

5/6/07 Interview..........It's about time!!

ضَاقتْ فلّما استَحْكمَتْ حَلقا تها فُرِجَتْ..................وَ كِدْتُ أظنها لا تفرجُ

8 years ago today I had brain and spinal surgery from my accident. Docs gave me 50/50 chance of survival 'at best' and 75-80% chance that I'd be paralyzed from the neck down.

And here I am perfectly fine.

It's kinda surreal actually, was sittin with my mom havin a coffee this AM and she was all 'at this time I was brushing your hair and praying' (when they shaved it, I asked them to give it to her)...damn my hair never looked so shiny, lol.

But it gave me chills, cos I think I did the easy bit...went to sleep, woke up. She had to sit and wait for like 9+ hours. And this morning with a tear in her eye, she said 'it was at around 3:30 when the doc came out and said you were mostly out of the woods and would lead a normal life again'

Life gets in the way...we all have our annoyances...bills, stress, bs...and I think part of me kinda lost sight of the thankfulness I felt when I left the hospital. I never thought I'd see the outside world ever again. I had prepared all my affairs - updated my will, wrote letters to everyone, made a video-goodbye to my parents. I had all my important papers arranged neatly for my mom to go through, and I had even given my spouse at the time an advance d directive that if I was a cabbage, I wanted to be placed in a home so that I was not a burden to my family.

All the stuff you never want to deal with.

And here I am...years later....and all that stuff has passed for me.. Praise God!!!! My hair has grown back, the scar has been covered with my hair...you'd never know what happened unless I told ya. ButI think I forgot, though, to not let the lil ####### get me down...and today is a perfect reminder that not only is 'no one shootin at me', but I am a very blessed person, because I was given another chance to make life all it can be.

So instead getting bogged down with bullsh!t, take a minute and think about everything in your life that you have been blessed with....a soulmate, a family, health, etc....whatever. Revel in the joys that you have and kick the ####### to the curb. Work, bills, stress, USCIS PROCESSING!!!, silly fights, etc...don't mean a damn thing. At all!

Have a beautiful day everyone! I know I will! (L)

Yes I agree ..Thank God!! I had Cancer surgery also about 10 years ago.. Thyroid.. a 1.5 hour surgery ended up being 5 hours.. ended removing it all.. Same year fell and twist broke my leg and ankle.. Mezenu(sp?) fracture...

Leg and ankle are fine...and Cancer is gone...

And today..I also can be Thankful that I met Veronica...and we will be together very soon.....

9/14 2006 I-129F Sent Next day Air

9/15 Recieved and signed for by "Freeman" at NSC

9/19 NOA1 CSC Recieved

9/25 Notice date Check cashed 9/25

9/28 I Recieved NOA1(I-797C) in the mail

12/5 NOA2 12/6 but Approved on 12/5 touch

12/9 Received NOA2(I-797) by snail mail

12/15 NVC has received it..Case # issued...

12/19 NVC shipped to Romania

12/22 Romanian Embassy has received an email from NVC that my Petition is on it's way...

12/29 Packet 3 sent to Veronica

1/12 2007 Packet 3 received Dang Holidays..

1/22 Sending all paperwork(I-134,Bank/Employer letters etc..,)..to Veronica per DHL, 3.5lbs...$144 WOW!

1/25 Recieved notice that She needs to pick up my packet in Chisinau..

1/26 Sending Back Packet 3

2/16 Transit Visa to go to Romania for the Interview approved..

2/20 Leaves for Bucharest overnight drive by bus...

2/21 Medical

2/22 Interview !!!! APPROVED !!!!!

3/9 2007 Flight to me....

4/7 2007 Married,,,

AOS

7/27 Sent I-485, I-864, I-765

7/30 Chicago Recieved I-485,I-765

Veronica is pregant....Due 4/17/08

9/1 Recieved NOA Bio appointment letter

9/8 Recieved NOA1's for both I-485 and I-765

9/18 Bio appointment

Received Green Card.. Nov 2007

Djuliann came 4/25/2008

I-751 Lifting Of Conditions

9/8/2009 Sent I-751

Received NOA 9/21 NOA Receipt Date 9/10/2009

9/24 received Bio letter Dated 9/18

10/9 Bio Appointment

10/23 Received Permanent Resident Card

N-400 2012

Filed for citizenship sent 2/21/2012

Filed: Timeline
I shudder every time I hear your story Lisa. I'm thankful you are better. It could happen to any one of us any time.

that is so touching, thank you. I shudder sometimes too, it's like sometimes it seems like a dream and God forbid if I had to do it again, I don't think I could deal with it without having a heart attack or something.

I shudder when I think of what my poor mother went through. She was medicated up to the eyeballs with enough tranqs to sedate an elephant.

I still remember the last thing she said to me before I went into surgery....'if you see a bright light, please don't go to it because I need you here with me' It broke my heart and I watched her pass out as they wheeled me away. Then this nurse who was walking with me asked me if I believed in God, so I said yes. Then she said 'I've seen your chart, do you want to pray with me?' so I said yes.

Then she busts out the 13th Psalm 'ya as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...' I'm all 'is this particular prayer really neccessary???'

I can :lol: about it now I think ;)

As I said before, all I did was go to sleep and wake up. But still sometimes thinking about the experience and my mother turns my body to ice.

I know I go on too much about it, but it's a big part of who I am now and sometimes I don't know when to shut up, lol. <---but you all knew that last bit anyways, lol.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful replies...it's great to hear what everyone is thankful for...we are all so blessed (even Gupt for finding a stapler, lol)....there's an old saying 'a good day at Disney never makes the headlines' or something like that, and it's great to focus for once on all the good things we all have going for us instead of us all bickering over politics or b!tching over this that or the other.

(L)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
that is so touching, thank you. I shudder sometimes too, it's like sometimes it seems like a dream and God forbid if I had to do it again, I don't think I could deal with it without having a heart attack or something.

I shudder when I think of what my poor mother went through. She was medicated up to the eyeballs with enough tranqs to sedate an elephant.

I still remember the last thing she said to me before I went into surgery....'if you see a bright light, please don't go to it because I need you here with me' It broke my heart and I watched her pass out as they wheeled me away. Then this nurse who was walking with me asked me if I believed in God, so I said yes. Then she said 'I've seen your chart, do you want to pray with me?' so I said yes.

Then she busts out the 13th Psalm 'ya as I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...' I'm all 'is this particular prayer really neccessary???'

I can :lol: about it now I think ;)

As I said before, all I did was go to sleep and wake up. But still sometimes thinking about the experience and my mother turns my body to ice.

I know I go on too much about it, but it's a big part of who I am now and sometimes I don't know when to shut up, lol. <---but you all knew that last bit anyways, lol.

I am so thankful for all the wonderful replies...it's great to hear what everyone is thankful for...we are all so blessed (even Gupt for finding a stapler, lol)....there's an old saying 'a good day at Disney never makes the headlines' or something like that, and it's great to focus for once on all the good things we all have going for us instead of us all bickering over politics or b!tching over this that or the other.

(L)

Well Lisa, y'know I'm not religious in the slightest ( :P ) so I don't do all the praise God stuff or contribute any survival stories to him either. So...I'm going to say it, in my post, the way I see it. What I have noticed about YOU is that you have the most wonderful strength of character, basically...you are one helluva ballsy lady. You may not have thought it at the time of your accident, but I think it was YOU yourself who was strong enough to make it through.

I think sometimes, with religion, people tend to attribute too much to God, whereas I think they should sometimes take the credit for stuff themselves. Whether they managed this through their beliefs or not is irrelevant; if they didn't have it in them in the first place they wouldn't have been able to achieve it.

Basically Lisa, I think you have yourself to thank for making it through. You saw your Mom, you saw how devastated she would have been to lose you and you made it, you got better. I'd like to think it was for your Mom's love that you did it...as well as the simple fact that you weren't ready to die just yet! ;)

You are one gutsy, brave lady and VJ wouldn't be the same for me if you weren't here. Now, that's enough soppy ####### sh!t. I need to go kick a small animal to make me feel better..... :lol:

Edited by mags

honestly mags, I don't know what to say, i'm speechless.

DING DING DING! someone tell her what's she's won for doing the impossible!!!!

However re: the God stuff...I had a doc stood in front of my visibly shaken who said 'I'm not a man of faith yadda yadda yadda...but I cannot medically explain why you're alive right now'

I'm not trying to push beliefs on anyone...what anyone believes is fine with me....but I'mma still give my props to God cos I do believe He got us through.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
honestly mags, I don't know what to say, i'm speechless.

DING DING DING! someone tell her what's she's won for doing the impossible!!!!

However re: the God stuff...I had a doc stood in front of my visibly shaken who said 'I'm not a man of faith yadda yadda yadda...but I cannot medically explain why you're alive right now'

I'm not trying to push beliefs on anyone...what anyone believes is fine with me....but I'mma still give my props to God cos I do believe He got us through.

Hey, I fully understand why people HAVE faith and can also understand why you believe like you do. But take some of the credit yourself too....ok? ;)

(L)

Lisa, I have a whole new respect for you. :cry:

wow the responses are so overwhelming and stuff in here!

Lookie tho guys:

I talk a lot, I'm a very reflective person....and I started this thread to share my thoughts, and I really don't want it to come off like I'm needing all sorts of praise or anything. Don't look at me differently cos any of you would have done the exact same thing :yes:

Like my dearest friend Shele...Since she mentioned it in another thread, I also give thanks for her....she too has gone through an incredible brain surgery resulting from an accident too!!!! I will not go into detail but omG the coincidences are astounding. I am in awe of the person she is.

She is an AWESOME friend and I am thankful she is here!!!

It's just an incredible 'war' story and something which keeps things in perspective for me....we each have our own, don't we?

My grandfather used to have a saying 'i used to feel sorry that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet'

blah I need to shut up now. haahhahaha

Edited by LisaD

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thankful and happy to have the last of the evidence and forms sent this morning now the wait for the interview in Morocco, but a break from the worry of it.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Lisa, I have a whole new respect for you. :cry:

wow the responses are so overwhelming and stuff in here!

Lookie tho guys:

I talk a lot, I'm a very reflective person....and I started this thread to share my thoughts, and I really don't want it to come off like I'm needing all sorts of praise or anything. Don't look at me differently cos any of you would have done the exact same thing :yes:

Like my dearest friend Shele...Since she mentioned it in another thread, I also give thanks for her....she too has gone through an incredible brain surgery resulting from an accident too!!!! I will not go into detail but omG the coincidences are astounding. I am in awe of the person she is.

She is an AWESOME friend and I am thankful she is here!!!

It's just an incredible 'war' story and something which keeps things in perspective for me....we each have our own, don't we?

My grandfather used to have a saying 'i used to feel sorry that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet'

blah I need to shut up now. haahhahaha

:):crying:

Lisa, you are an awesome friend-really. (F) Thank YOU for your friendship :D

It is true that we all have to play the cards we are dealt.

I am thankful for everyday, everyone and everything but mostly for the belief that God finds a way to send us the right people at the right time. Having my husband, my family and you in my life (to name only a few of the many ways) I am truly blessed........... (F)

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---