TanguyAndJuliet

Co-Sponsor and Financial Documents at Paris Embassy

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place. We just got our NOA2 and I'm gathering the documents for my fiance's interview in Paris. I am currently unemployed and don't have much in the way of savings and assets. My mom is our co-sponsor and I'm trying to figure out what we need to do to prove my fiance will not be a public charge. My mom has tax returns and proof of income, but isn't sure if she'll be able to obtain a letter from her employer. Is this going to be enough? France-specific advice would be very helpful!

"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together."

K1 - 531 days between filing and wedding day

9-11-2014: I-129F sent

9-15-2014: I-129F received by USCIS

9-17-2014: NOA1

9-22-2014: Alien registration number changed

5-26-2015: Electronic NOA2 (251 days)

6-3-2015: Sent to NVC (8 days)

6-11-2015: NVC received, case number assigned (8 days)

6-19-2015: Left NVC (8 days)

6-22-2015: Arrived at embassy in Paris (3 days)

10-15-2015: Interview (APPROVED!) (115 days)

2-3-2016: POE at Washington Dulles (111 days)

2-24-2016: Our tiny civil ceremony (21 days) Finally married :wub:

AOS, AP, & EAD

4-29-2016: Packet sent

5-7-2016: NOA

6-6-2016: RFE via USPS (30 days)

6-17-2016: RFE response received by USCIS

8-9-16: EAD and AP approved (53 days)

Still no biometrics appointment due to issues with our local post office... :ranting:

9-2-2016: Ombudsman notifies us of investigation on our case

9-7-2016: Ombudsman sends biometrics appointment notice via email

9-9-2016: Biometrics appointment letter received via USPS

9-16-2016: Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.