27 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

So right now my brother inlaw is going to try to adjust his status while on a tourist visa. In this process we are trying to make sure we have everything we need before submitting. The dilemma that we have came acroos is the need of a joint sponsor, is there any way around this? My husband and I can not do it and everyone that we know of has said no. Anyone out there willing to sponsor?

Timeline

Yeah I know, just wish it was that simple. My husband and I actually went through this process and while were able to get him a sponsor, it has been really difficult to find one for brother inlaw. What can I do if I can not find a joint sponsor?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So right now my brother inlaw is going to try to adjust his status while on a tourist visa. In this process we are trying to make sure we have everything we need before submitting. The dilemma that we have came acroos is the need of a joint sponsor, is there any way around this? My husband and I can not do it and everyone that we know of has said no. Anyone out there willing to sponsor?

Which is illegal. :)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Respectfully, but if your husband and yourself (as well as everyone you know) is unable to sponsor, I don't think you'll find one taker here either. Good luck moving forward.

Yup.

Edited by Torete

Timeline

Well he is married now. We want to go about this the right way and we have not filed for it yet. What would be the best way? He is also married and expecting a baby, so what would you consider doing in his situation?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Exactly, he should probably go home and wait till his wife is able to financially support him without a sponsor and have them file for a spouse visa will also give it time to work out .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well he is married now. We want to go about this the right way and we have not filed for it yet. What would be the best way? He is also married and expecting a baby, so what would you consider doing in his situation?

the right way Is his wife filling for the spouse visa and him not abusing his visitors visa and going home to wait . In the meantime the wife can hopefully find someone willing to sponsor him . I have a baby due this month I have waited out the visa for my husband in his country she can always move as well .

Guys if he's already here it's not illegal. Entering with purpose to is however

can still be illegal, how soon after he came did he get married, was his wife already pregnant, did he bring a lot of stuff, quit his job, etc. these are all things immigration will look at and see as immigrant intent .

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the right way Is his wife filling for the spouse visa and him not abusing his visitors visa and going home to wait . In the meantime the wife can hopefully find someone willing to sponsor him . I have a baby due this month I have waited out the visa for my husband in his country she can always move as well .

can still be illegal, how soon after he came did he get married, was his wife already pregnant, did he bring a lot of stuff, quit his job, etc. these are all things immigration will look at and see as immigrant intent .

Intent is not enough to deny him a greencard. This is discussed all the time here. The loophole for one is open

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.