47 posts in this topic

For the US Embassy Manila, you go to your medical, and then at the interview they will deny your VISA based on non compliance, and from there you have an option to go back and get the missing shots, or apply for a waiver...

It can take 4-6 months to get a approval/denial on the waiver, which even if you are doing DCF, can really delay getting your VISA...

A 2nd interview is not needed...

The doctor at SLEC will sign off on a blanket waiver or waiver for medically inappropriate. Nothing you need to do. No need to return. Its waived.

The waiver for religeous reasons does require form and fee payment.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Filed: Timeline

Hi LoveSunny!

I pesonally do not know how the K1 visa works, I was already married when I applied for he visa.

What are your reasons to not receive any vaccinations? Is it a religious, Moral or medical reason?

When you go to the medical exam the panel physician will ask you what your reason is for not receiving vaccinations, since he has to write that down in his records ( I told mine I have religious reasons). He will write down that you are going to apply for a I-601 waiver. The doctor will not ask you any further questions, it's no his job. Then, at the interview after the medical exam they will deny you the visa because of the missing shots. After you have received the notice of denial of the visa in the mail you can send of your waiver (if you have already prepared it by then, if not you send it off whenever you are ready). It took me 4 month to get my waiver approved. Your medical exam will expire after 6 month. You will maybe have to do another one later on.

Concerning a second interview:The people who are in charge of the waivers are in the United States (USCIS). It is only on them to approve or deny waivers and they do not talk to you, they simply review your waiver package. At least, I have never heard of a second interview, nor have I even talked to anyone who had to go to a second interview.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any advice/info for me about the waiver for vaccinations. I am engaged to a US citizen, and we are unsure whether to go down the route of getting a K-1 visa or getting married here and directly applying for the CR-1. I have read that technically with the K-1 you don't need the vaccinations until you apply for AOS when you are over in the US. Has anybody had any experience with filing the waiver when they are over in the states on their K-1 visa?

any experiences/info is much appreciated :idea:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I didn't need a waiver for my vaccinations. Maybe it depends on which vaccination should be waived but in my medical papers to the embassy, the doctor wrote "recommend waiving vaccination requirement for mumps as patient has medical history of severe allergic reaction to previous vaccination". The embassy waived it without me having to fill out any form or pay any additional fees.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hi Simoncini03, thanks much for sharing your experience with I-601 vaccine waiver process. I'm also a highly SPIRITUAL person like you.

Would you please consider sharing your personal affidavit letter with me here on this forum or privately via DM or email?

I would love to refer to your sample text, before sending in my appication to the Phoenix lock box.

Thank you very much for your help. Looking forward to your response!

• 2 months later...

I didn't need a waiver for my vaccinations. Maybe it depends on which vaccination should be waived but in my medical papers to the embassy, the doctor wrote "recommend waiving vaccination requirement for mumps as patient has medical history of severe allergic reaction to previous vaccination". The embassy waived it without me having to fill out any form or pay any additional fees.

Thank you for posting this response. I have wondered about this whole issue. Did you have to prove that you had a severe reaction to vaccination?

Thank you for posting this response. I have wondered about this whole issue. Did you have to prove that you had a severe reaction to vaccination?

Yes, without proof, anybody could just bypass paying for vaccinations and it would be considered fraud, and you could be denied a VISA. Just get the shots if you need them, its all over in minutes and hundreds of people do it daily and are fine

Edited by guitarjam

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

• 1 year later...
On 30/5/2015 at 7:07 AM, simoncini03 said:

My vaccination waiver got approved and I offer help to anyone who has trouble preparing the waiver package.

I have posted on here as army16 before.

Hello, 

Thanks for offering your help. my family and I had applied for a green card. We presented vaccination religious waiver. They are asking for medical and scientific evidence. 

6 hours ago, breathehandmade said:

Hello, 

Thanks for offering your help. my family and I had applied for a green card. We presented vaccination religious waiver. They are asking for medical and scientific evidence. 

Your applying for a wavier under religious reasons,  so letters stating your beliefs are needed, not medical evidence since that's not what type of waiver your applying for.

Mar 12, 2015 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila thru Embassy Outreach visit

• 7 months later...

So do you for sure have to wait until you are actually denied at the interview to send the I-601 vaccine waiver, or can you just file it along with the spousal visa to kill 2 birds with one stone? Has anyone ever filed it together and had success at things being processed faster? How long does the actual process take in total for your spouse to get to the US after the spousal visa + the vaccine waiver? 

On 11/10/2018 at 2:48 PM, Alerissa said:

So do you for sure have to wait until you are actually denied at the interview to send the I-601 vaccine waiver, or can you just file it along with the spousal visa to kill 2 birds with one stone? Has anyone ever filed it together and had success at things being processed faster? How long does the actual process take in total for your spouse to get to the US after the spousal visa + the vaccine waiver? 

You can prepare all the paperwork, but they won't take it with the I-130, and will request a denial letter from the Embassy before they will accept the I-601 wavier.

On 11/11/2018 at 9:23 PM, guitarjam said:

You can prepare all the paperwork, but they won't take it with the I-130, and will request a denial letter from the Embassy before they will accept the I-601 wavier.

Ok so I can send it in all together with the fee in the beginning? Is it ok to send it early even if you have to wait for a denial letter? I just want to make sure I don’t waste $930.00 for a vaccine waiver or have to do it all over again 

On 9/11/2015 at 10:06 PM, guitarjam said:

I filed the I-601 before the medical & Interview, didn't realize needed to be denied at the interview first! USCIS sent a request for evidence of being denied, so we are going to do the medical & interview, get the notice of denial and sent that to UCIS as the evidence.

"An individual who is outside the united state may file form I-601 only if he or she has been found inadmissible by U.S. consular officer at an immigration visa or nonimmigrant K or V visa interview."

Just hope they don't make a big deal about the denial date being after the requested I-601 waiver date

I guess after the evidence is sent in and a decision is made, we will be told to reschedule another interview

What ended up happening in your situation? Was sending it in early an issue and did your waiver get approved? 

• 3 weeks later...

Dear community,

We as a family are now looking at a similar situation: applying for a green card with no vaccination at all at least for our two children (and last vaccinations for the parents 8 years ago).

I am glad the original poster offered his help because his line of argument for the waiver based on spiritual convictions also seems applicable to our situation. Does any of you have more details on how to present such a reasoning, e.g. level of details required? Do you think the chances for approval are lower when compared to an argument backed by an institutional church (we are not a member of one)?

Have you retained a specialized attorney to help you prepare the waiver that you can recommend?

Thank you very much and best of luck to everyone!

Matt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.