Lukus

When to follow up on Visa status

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any recommendation on when to follow up on the status of their Visa? Fiance had her interview on the 11th of May, and the CEAC web site status update change on a weekly bases but it will still have Administrative Processing on the top. Does anyone know what this mean?

When shall I call the Embassy to follow up on this matter?

Thanks for your help...

OUR JOURNEY

15th Day of September 2014 - Robert Brown excepted our case to help us

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

03rd Day of November 2014 - USCIS Received i129f packet

12th Day of November 2014 - Katie emailed me with the hard copy of the NOA 1

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

16th Day of December 2014 - Received hard copy of NOA 2

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

18th Day of April 2015 - Kids and Fiance had Medical in Saint Luke's

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

23rd Day of July 2015 - Our Son received his USA Passport and CRBA Certificate

9th Day of August 2015 - Flights to America!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone have any recommendation on when to follow up on the status of their Visa? Fiance had her interview on the 11th of May, and the CEAC web site status update change on a weekly bases but it will still have Administrative Processing on the top. Does anyone know what this mean?

When shall I call the Embassy to follow up on this matter?

Thanks for your help...

The visa processing steps after visa interview are as follows:

The first AP is the immigration unit doing the paperwork for approving the visa

The first READY is a notice that they are finished and the paperwork is being sent for visa issuance

The second AP is the visa issuance people doing their own paperwork

The second READY is that the visa has been issued and is currently being processed for delivery

Upon the second READY, it will be sent out within a few days.

No one can tell anyone when they will get there visa. There has been some who received in two days and others more than three months. Yes, normal delivery is around 3 weeks if the sun, moon and mars are lined up so don’t run out and buy any airline tickets till your visa is in your hands.

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a consular officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Your mileage may vary.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/administrative-processing-information.html>

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

No one can tell you when you will get your visa. We have seen next day to 6 months and beyond. This is where we tell everyone to have patience. Calling the Embassy will do no good as they are looking pretty much at what you are looking at. They will not tell you when it will be issued as they have no idea what is left to process. You just have to keep checking daily and not hourly or you'll drive yourself crazy.

OMG, i am going crazy here you are so right. I just want to plan. The last time I felt this way was when I was a child and it appears that xmas is so far away.

OUR JOURNEY

28th Day of October 2014 - Katie from Attorney Robert Brown LLC submitted i129f to USCIS

13th Day of November 2014 - We received hard copy of NOA 1 Notice Date read 05 November 2014

03rd Day of December 2014 - I spoke with Agent S53887 from USCIS Military Line and they submitted an additional Expedite request via their computer

06th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS Case Status requesting additional items for Expedite

08th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from NCSC, TSC stated request is under review

09th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS that expedite was approved, (NOA 2) and we shall receive information from NVC before the 9th of January 2014

18th Day of December 2014 - Received an email from USCIS stating our case was forward to the State Department for Visa Processing

07th Day of January 2015 - Called NVC and NVC stated the packet was sent to US Embassy on the 02nd of January 2015, and NVC gave me a MNL number and invoice number

13th Day of January 2015 - Received letter from U.S. Department of State. Stating the NVC received the approved I-129F. We will use for the HK Police Certificate

15th Day of January 2015 - Fiancee paid for the K-1 and two K-2 Visa Interviews, we are waiting to make appointment for the interview

10th Day of March 2015 - Had to have Psychologist Interview, (Psychologist was very rude)

11th Day of May 2015 - Everyone had the Interview in the US Embassy, (very difficult the Interviewer was very rude)

15th Day of May 2015 - Katie Russell from Robert Browns LLC sent out CRBA packet for our son

​18th Day of May 2015 - Consular's Office email us and told us we have an interview for our son's CRBA, US Passport in July 2015

19th Day of July 2015 - We got the Philippines Passport, (Fiance and the 2 Kids) with a USA Visa attached to the page and few envelopes that stated DO NOT OPEN!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,I had my interview on May 13, my status changed to "Refused" right after my interview I was worried but finally on May 15th I checked status and it had updated to "issued" and recieved visa in 2 days, just be calm and have faith it can turn into issued any day soon,

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i also have question my fiancee had interview may 26,2015... i check our case status after fiancees interview.. it says "ready" then created may26,2015 ; updated may 26,2015... does that mean his done with the first step of AP?

i also have question my fiancee had interview may 26,2015... i check our case status after fiancees interview.. it says "ready" then created may26,2015 ; updated may 26,2015... does that mean his done with the first step of AP?

Yes it means he has completed step one. You should see some update over the next day or so. When you see the next ready it's gone on to be printed and attached to the passport. Once that is completed it will say issued and it has left the "house" and with 2go on it's way to you. Just a little more patience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thank you for always replying to my inquiries.. really appreciate it... i wish we can gwt it soon so that we can book for june 15 :-) thanks

Yes it means he has completed step one. You should see some update over the next day or so. When you see the next ready it's gone on to be printed and attached to the passport. Once that is completed it will say issued and it has left the "house" and with 2go on it's way to you. Just a little more patience.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello,I had my interview on May 13, my status changed to "Refused" right after my interview I was worried but finally on May 15th I checked status and it had updated to "issued" and recieved visa in 2 days, just be calm and have faith it can turn into issued any day soon,

today is the 15th of June and I do have a direct number to the embassy and I spoke to the they guy i know there and he told me to call this week. he stated It is so busy there, I will call tomorrow and he did tell me he was going to keep an i out on our case.

We been so worried, I do head to PI this month and we will have our sons CRBA Interview. I am excited with that, i have not seen them for almost 2 years. After my surgeries and therapy this is nerve racking. I am nervous because our child is walking and talking already.

I do try not to look at the different sites, but it is hard. the only thing that changed on the site is the date and that is it.

i check these sites everyday or more...

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-appointmentschedule.asp

are there any other sites i am forgetting?

thanks

OUR JOURNEY

today is the 15th of June and I do have a direct number to the embassy and I spoke to the they guy i know there and he told me to call this week. he stated It is so busy there, I will call tomorrow and he did tell me he was going to keep an i out on our case.

We been so worried, I do head to PI this month and we will have our sons CRBA Interview. I am excited with that, i have not seen them for almost 2 years. After my surgeries and therapy this is nerve racking. I am nervous because our child is walking and talking already.

I do try not to look at the different sites, but it is hard. the only thing that changed on the site is the date and that is it.

thanks

You have all the sites to track your visa process. Stop driving yourself crazy. There are issues now with getting visa issued and it is affecting ever Embassy. Check me thread and see the computer problems.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

You have all the sites to track your visa process. Stop driving yourself crazy. There are issues now with getting visa issued and it is affecting ever Embassy. Check me thread and see the computer problems.

i apologize what is thread?

OUR JOURNEY

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

After ready it should update to issued stating the visa has been printed you can check online and it tells you the steps and meaning of...

Maybe for Mexico but not for here in the Philippines.

thanks

Those sites are good for tracking.

Stop calling. You need to relax.. it will be issued when it is issued. Just need to be patient.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Maybe for Mexico but not for here in the Philippines.

Those sites are good for tracking.

Stop calling. You need to relax.. it will be issued when it is issued. Just need to be patient.

yes i know. i do need to relax. that is what the doctor said also. lol

specially after reading this, (http://www.travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html) it seems like on thing after another.

OUR JOURNEY

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes i know. i do need to relax. that is what the doctor said also. lol

specially after reading this, (http://www.travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html) it seems like on thing after another.

This is a very stressful adventure for sure ;) ... but it has a happy ending..... just be patient it will happen.

You are flying over in August, did I read that correctly? We will be returning to the States about then, hanging out over here for few months.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.