sm2014

Help regarding I-551 Stamp

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Folks,

Visa journey was very helpful during my process of immigration. Now i have a confusion and i am hoping the expert people over here should has its answer.

My Marriage date is 3/1/2013

My POE date is 5/8/2015

But during immigration process they stamp my passport which a stamp " alien has been notified of the provision of section 216 and of the procedures for having the conditional basis of his/her status removed"

Can anyone tell me what does it means ? are they allowed me as conditional resident ? even its been more than 2 years of our marriage ?

Waiting for response.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What is the expiration date on your conditional Green Card? You should file for Removal of Conditions (ROC), Form I-751 to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status. You can send in the I-751 and evidence starting 90 days before the expiration of your GC. Do not wait until your GC is expired. :guides:

:time: It helps everyone that uses the forum, or is helped by the forum.

~Moving from Fam.-based AOS to ROC Forum~

~Inquiry about ROC process~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don't know the answer for you sm2014, but it looks like the OP applied for a CR1 after a 2013 marriage. Arrival was this month...5/8/2015...more than 2 years after marriage. So, I wouldn't think they have a conditional green card.

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Wait until you get your hard copy green card and see what it says maybe?

If you do not notify the CBP officers at the POE that your entry is AFTER your 2 year marriage date they may enter the information wrong. Did you notify them? Have your marriage certificate ready?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Wait until you get your hard copy green card and see what it says maybe?

If you do not notify the CBP officers at the POE that your entry is AFTER your 2 year marriage date they may enter the information wrong. Did you notify them? Have your marriage certificate ready?

No i did not told them about that, when he stamped my passport and i did not know what was that. When i read it the officer left. I asked to an other but he just said i do not know.

Yup my marriage certificate is ready.

I am confused on this situation now. i think i should wait for my green card and than lets see either it is conditional or not

Edited by sm2014

Timeline

What is the expiration date on your conditional Green Card? You should file for Removal of Conditions (ROC), Form I-751 to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status. You can send in the I-751 and evidence starting 90 days before the expiration of your GC. Do not wait until your GC is expired. :guides:

:time: It helps everyone that uses the forum, or is helped by the forum.

~Moving from Fam.-based AOS to ROC Forum~

~Inquiry about ROC process~

i do not have my GC in hands right now. should i wait ?

Because my passport will work as 1 year GC, Can i apply now for I751 ?

i do not have my GC in hands right now. should i wait ?

Because my passport will work as 1 year GC, Can i apply now for I751 ?

Try to go back to the point of entry talk to them if they can fix it. If they can't , once you receive your GC with wrong information, you will need to file the form I90 with your GC, then they will fix it. You shouldn't do remove of condition since at the time of entry you have been married for more than 2 years.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

NO you would NOT apply for an I-751. What you need is to fix it. So I suggest waiting for your green card OR, preferably, making an infopass and bring your marriage certificate so the uSCIS knows that you're supposed to get an IR1 not a CR1.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

NO you would NOT apply for an I-751. What you need is to fix it. So I suggest waiting for your green card OR, preferably, making an infopass and bring your marriage certificate so the uSCIS knows that you're supposed to get an IR1 not a CR1.

Can you please tell me what is this infopass ? i am new here i do not have any idea about it.

Can you please tell me what is this infopass ? i am new here i do not have any idea about it.

An infopass is an appointment at your local USCIS office.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Al right folks. I would like to thank you for your support regarding my problem. I have received my green card today and it is 10 years green card with status of IR-1. So i think i should not go for removal of conditions now ?

No you do not need to remove conditions. You can choose to get citizenship at 3 years (which requires relationship evidence) or 5 years (which does not) or simply renew the green card in 10.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.