msivri

Address and Other Simple Questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

I am filing a petition for a K1 visa for my fiancé and I have a few questions just to make sure I am doing it right:

1. My fiancée’s address is in Turkish and does not fit the form fields. So I attached a single page with the addresses and said “See attached” in the required fields and included a reference to the page in the cover letter. I wrote the address both in Roman (English) and Turkish alphabet. I noticed some address fields didn’t accept Turkish accents so I assume they request both English and Turkish (Native) addresses separately for whatever reason. Is what I did correct?
  2. I have a social security number, do I need to fill in the A-Number fields in any of the forms?
  3. In G-325A, does the petitioner (Me) have to fill in the end of the page “Applicant: Print your name […]” or it just the beneficiary (my fiancée)?
  4. In G-325A, should I write None in A-Number and Social Security or just leave blank (for my fiancée’s).
  5. Are the following considered valid proof for visiting my fiancée in the past two years:
    1. E-Tickets, I don’t have physical tickets from the airport only emails.
    2. Passport Stamps on my Turkish passport for when I entered Turkey.
    3. I have photos for my visits, but they don’t print with dates on them.
  6. The use of None is slightly confusing because I see a lot of examples using None (or N/A) but the USCIS I-129F instructions state to leave blank if answer is "none".

Thank you for your time! This site helped me reach a ton of information, I just wanted to verify somethings.

1. I have a social security number, do I need to fill in the A-Number fields in any of the forms? If you are a US Citizen you do not need an A#, leave it blank or write NONE
  2. In G-325A, does the petitioner (Me) have to fill in the end of the page “Applicant: Print your name […]” or it just the beneficiary (my fiancée)? Yes, the petitioner fills it out and the beneficiary fills out a seperate form
  3. In G-325A, should I write None in A-Number and Social Security or just leave blank (for my fiancée’s). Don't need A#, do write Social Security number
  4. Are the following considered valid proof for visiting my fiancée in the past two years:
    1. E-Tickets, I don’t have physical tickets from the airport only emails. You can use them, but copies of boarding passes are better, Etickets do not prove that you were actually there, it only shows that you purchased the ticket.
    2. Passport Stamps on my Turkish passport for when I entered Turkey. Yes
    3. I have photos for my visits, but they don’t print with dates on them. Write the dates and location on the back of the photo
  5. The use of None is slightly confusing because I see a lot of examples using None (or N/A) but the USCIS I-129F instructions state to leave blank if answer is "none". You can leave blank or write NONE, you wont get denied just for that reason.

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Mistakes on G 325, how to send corrections

How can a mistake on a form G 325 be corrected? I filed a fiancé visa but I put my moms residence as her country of birth, but they are different countries. She was born in another country but now lives in U.S. I just was confused and it was honestly a mistake. How and when can I correct this in the bio form? Should I wait until my fiancé goes to the interview in the embassy and she can take the corrected form there with her, or should I send it now but I don't know where. The application was approved two days ago but there is no case number and I think the next step is a visa processing center. Please help if anyone knows the answeR. Thank you

How can a mistake on a form G 325 be corrected? I filed a fiancé visa but I put my moms residence as her country of birth, but they are different countries. She was born in another country but now lives in U.S. I just was confused and it was honestly a mistake. How and when can I correct this in the bio form? Should I wait until my fiancé goes to the interview in the embassy and she can take the corrected form there with her, or should I send it now but I don't know where. The application was approved two days ago but there is no case number and I think the next step is a visa processing center. Please help if anyone knows the answeR. Thank you

Mistakes on G 325, how to send corrections

Just wait until the interview to correct it

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

1. The forms submitted to USCIS generally require information in both English and in the language native to the foreign fiance so I think they might not have any issues with the way you filled out the information because you're including the address in both English and Turkish. Though make sure any other documents (like birth certificates etc.,) are properly translated into English by a professional translator.

You will receive the Alien Registration Number for your fiance with your NOA2 so just leave the space blank for now.

It is only for your foreign fiance and not for you since it requires the alien registration number.

Leave the Alien Registration Number space blank and put in N/A for social security number in your fiance's form.

Yes e-tickets, passport stamps and photos are proofs of you visiting your fiance but I would suggest include your boarding passes too since they show that you actually boarded the airplanes you took to there. As for your pictures we didn't have ours dated either so we just put dates, place, and information about people (people other than you both that present in the pictures) behind the pictures in ink (like the pictures from our engagement party had guests so my fiance just named them like 'my fiance's aunt/uncle/friends' whatever. You don't have to actually state the names of each and every person in the picture. USCIS doesn't care as long as the pictures have you of both, are dated and places mentioned)

If a question doesn't fit your situation, either write N/A or leave the space blank.If the answer is none, as in 'number of children,' answer none. Don't mix up all these options, might annoy the officers going through your paperwork.

March 24, 2015: K1 petition mailed to Lewisville, TX via UPS

March 27, 2015: UPS tracking shows USCIS has received the petition

March 31, 2015: NOA1 notification received in email and text with USCIS receipt number (7 days after submitting the petition)

April 24, 2015: Case approved by USCIS (24 days after receiving NOA1)

May 1, 2015: NOA2 received in mail

May 14, 2015: Case getting processed at NVC

May 19, 2015: NVC processing done

May 24, 2015: Letter from NVC received (31 days after receiving NOA2) (case forwarded to consulate, interview location allotted)

May 25, 2015: I receive Packet 3 from United States Consulate General, Mumbai

May 28, 2015: Filled DS-160 form online, confirmation received and printed

June 1, 2015: Visa fees paid. Consular interview and OFC scheduled for 10 July, 2015

June 15, 2015: Medical examination

July 10, 2015: Visa interview at Mumbai Consulate. Visa approved!!

July 11, 13, 15, 2015: Case status on caec changed to 'Ready' on each mentioned date and case creation dates updated on each mentioned date
July 16, 2015: Case creation date updated, case status changed to 'Administrative Processing'
July 17, 2015: Case status updated to 'Issued' passport dispatched through BlueDart, DHL

July 20, 2015: Received passport with my visa on it and a sealed yellow envelope

September 2, 2015: POE Orlando, Florida

September 17, 2015: Courthouse marriage. We're married!

October 8, 2015: AOS, EAD and AP application submitted via UPS

October 19, 2015: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP received in mail

October 24, 2015: Civil marriage with families present. We're married, again!

October 27, 2015: Biometric notice received in mail

November 2, 2015: Biometrics done (walk-in at Orlando center) and RFE received in email for GC appliaction

January 7, 2016: EAD, AP approved (91 days after submitting the AOS application)

March 11, 2016: GC approved

May 6, 2020: Filed N400 online

May 7, 2020: Online receipt confirming USCIS received my case for N400 online (hard copy received in mail)

August 7, 2020: Online notification of biometrics reuse (hard copy received in mail)

August 14, 2020: Online notification for interview appointment (hard copy received in mail)

September 23, 2020: Naturalization interview, case approved, took oath, and just like that I am now a citizen of the United States!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.