kql1975

Time between RFE response to approval

29 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2017 at 7:12 PM, tammylynn.11 said:

well, thanks god we got the RFE in the mail one 5 days ago my fiance missed a copy of her marriage termination so she have to send it back to uscis we will do it as soon as it arrives in the mail that paper from courthouse whice will be here within 3 days then she can send that to uscis and well pray for the approval process.

Did USCIS respond quick once they received your info? Received RFE on 3/28 asking for divorce decrees and marriage which we did submit but maybe they lost?  Sent it all on 4/5 they should have it by Monday... just curious how long they will take

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
12 hours ago, Bendite said:

Did USCIS respond quick once they received your info? Received RFE on 3/28 asking for divorce decrees and marriage which we did submit but maybe they lost?  Sent it all on 4/5 they should have it by Monday... just curious how long they will take

Yes it was really quick 4 days after they got the decree they updated my case and said approved. Now I have my appointment already I am just waiting for the day I have to go to the embassy here in my country which will be within a month

6 minutes ago, tammylynn.11 said:

Yes it was really quick 4 days after they got the decree they updated my case and said approved. Now I have my appointment already I am just waiting for the day I have to go to the embassy here in my country which will be within a month

Thank you that helps 😊

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/21/2015 at 10:30 AM, kql1975 said:

i am the same as your fingers across for the next 2 weeks huh!!!

thanks Retheisen

yes they did say july 19

want to ask if wen u called uscis they give u exact date for noa2 after they received ur rfe response? coz we called uscis tier 2 and they give us also the date we will received noa2

• 2 months later...
On 5/31/2017 at 5:07 AM, Emmz said:

still waiting for noa2 they received our rfe response may 22, 2017

I am wondering if you received noa 2 by now? Because I sent my RFE in June but they didn't update until receiving a reply for RFE until July 17th. I am almost at the 60 days limit. According to tier 1 I should get something next week. So that's why I am wondering if you received yours yet? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

I am wondering if you received noa 2 by now? Because I sent my RFE in June but they didn't update until receiving a reply for RFE until July 17th. I am almost at the 60 days limit. According to tier 1 I should get something next week. So that's why I am wondering if you received yours yet? 

Emmz got their NOA 2 after about 3 weeks.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=263021

A March/April filer got their NOA 2 yesterday after sending in RFE  in just under 3 weeks.

2 months seem long.

What was your RFE for?

37 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Emmz got their NOA 2 after about 3 weeks.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=263021

A March/April filer got their NOA 2 yesterday after sending in RFE  in just under 3 weeks.

2 months seem long.

What was your RFE for?

My RFE was about why I didn't see my fiancé within the two years. We met four years ago. I had a lot happen so I wasn't able to go until late February this year and the last time I saw him physically was in 2013. We applied a little bit before I went.. should've waited after I went. I don't think it's a big deal because we've been together for almost 4 years. We were honest through and through and provided every bit of info of my reasoning. Urgggggghhhh it's so frustrating. 

And thanks for answering! 

Edited by Sarac9

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

My RFE was about why I didn't see my fiancé within the two years. We met four years ago. I had a lot happen so I wasn't able to go until late February this year and the last time I saw him physically was in 2013. We applied a little bit before I went.. should've waited after I went. I don't think it's a big deal because we've been together for almost 4 years. We were honest through and through and provided every bit of info of my reasoning. Urgggggghhhh it's so frustrating. 

And thanks for answering! 

To the USCIS you did not meet the requirements for I-129F approval when you filed. It states as you know that you must have meet within 2 years of filing the K-1.

It's no different then people who get denied because their divorce was not yet finalized at the time of the petition. 

Did you send proof of meeting in February with the RFE I assume?

Well you are near 60 days and they said you will get something next week. If nothing by Friday call call call.

Just now, LabOz said:

To the USCIS you did not meet the requirements for I-129F approval when you filed. It states as you know that you must have meet within 2 years of filing the K-1.

It's no different then people who get denied because their divorce was not yet finalized at the time of the petition. 

Did you send proof of meeting in February with the RFE I assume?

Well you are near 60 days and they said you will get something next week. If nothing by Friday call call call.

I provided proof of my reasoning so we can get an exemption. And I got it done through a lawyer. But the lawyer did a Half assed job when we initially applied. So we sent in supporting documents and letters for my reasons when we received the RFE. I think it should be enough to give us an exemption. It's just does it take that long for them to determine a decision? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

I provided proof of my reasoning so we can get an exemption. And I got it done through a lawyer. But the lawyer did a Half assed job when we initially applied. So we sent in supporting documents and letters for my reasons when we received the RFE. I think it should be enough to give us an exemption. It's just does it take that long for them to determine a decision? 

Yeah the lawyer was part of the problem for sure. He should have not filed for you until AFTER you met within the 2 years. 

I guess you will find out next week. You have already waited 60 days so they shouldn't stretch it out much longer but there was a case yesterday where RFE was responded to in January and they just got the NOA 2 last night. 9 months later. Let us know what happens when you talk to them next week.

6 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Yeah the lawyer was part of the problem for sure. He should have not filed for you until AFTER you met within the 2 years. 

I guess you will find out next week. You have already waited 60 days so they shouldn't stretch it out much longer but there was a case yesterday where RFE was responded to in January and they just got the NOA 2 last night. 9 months later. Let us know what happens when you talk to them next week.

Omggg this scares me. I am hoping this is where having a lawyer comes in handy and if it does go past 60 days then at least I have a legal representative to fight for me and get an answer. Hopefully that won't be the case. The lawyer has a lot of experience in filing this. And she said that if we give them enough proof of my reasoning then it shouldn't be a problem. Extreme cases are age difference, religious or cultural differences. Etc 

i will definitely provide an update. Keep us in your thoughts!

Edited by Sarac9

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarac9 said:

Omggg this scares me. I am hoping this is where having a lawyer comes in handy and if it does go past 60 days then at least I have a legal representative to fight for me and get an answer. Hopefully that won't be the case. The lawyer has a lot of experience in filing this. And she said that if we give them enough proof of my reasoning then it shouldn't be a problem. Extreme cases are age difference, religious or cultural differences. Etc 

i will definitely provide an update. Keep us in your thoughts!

yeah hopefully it will be fine. put that lawyer to work for sure.

You may want to add a timeline here as well.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

• 1 year later...

hi, we sent in our rfe documents on the 16/05/19 and haven't gotten a response as yet ,does anyone knows how long it actually takes to get a response 

Edited by RCW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.