KelGius2015

Need Help!! Have a couple of questions...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hey everyone! I have a few questions.. I want to thank anyone in advance who answers these questions. My fiancee and I received our NOA1 on January 29th and are still waiting for NOA2.. We know we will not receive it anytime and we are expecting it sometime in August.. I have a few questions...

We already know that my fiancee can travel here from Italy using the ESTA now the thing is that my family would like to throw us a bridal shower at the end of August, beginning of September.. Do you guys think it will be a good idea or would we be risking it..

I also wanted to know that once the Embassy receives our paperwork, do we decide what date for the interview or does the Embassy pick out the date for us.

Thank you so much in advance!!

Kelly

November 22, 2014 (F) - Got Engaged in Central Park

January 22, 2015- Giuseppe returned to Italy
January 23, 2015- Sent out 129F
January 29, 2015- NOA 1 Text Message Received.
June 10, 2015 - NOA2 - Our Case was Approved!!!!
Going back to Italy to visit my love (L) - June 28, 2015
Engagement Party/ Bridal Shower in Italy - July 13, 2015

September 8, 2015 - Interview in Naples - APPROVED!

March 17, 2016 - Our Wedding!!

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

vtOaI2.jpg

Embassy website says they will schedule the medical and interview for you after you send them packet 3

Source: http://italy.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/application.html

What do you mean "are we risking it?" Risking getting turned down at POE? or getting approved while the beneficiary is in the US?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Not sure what you'd be risking. Pretty straight forward since your fiancee is from a VWP country.

And the embassy chooses the date.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Embassy website says they will schedule the medical and interview for you after you send them packet 3

Source: http://italy.usembassy.gov/visa/iv/application.html

What do you mean "are we risking it?" Risking getting turned down at POE? or getting approved while the beneficiary is in the US?

I am worried that we will get approved while he is visiting and that could make some things complicated.. I don't know.. I just worry too much..

I don't think he will have a problem at POE.. He was already here last month and he had no problem at JFK so that does not really worry me, what worries me is getting approved while he is here..

Not sure what you'd be risking. Pretty straight forward since your fiancee is from a VWP country.

And the embassy chooses the date.

Ok thank you so much! :)

vtOaI2.jpg

Nothing to worry about really. Even if the petition gets approved while beneficiary is in the US, the papers will still take a bit to reach NVC. More than enough time to get that party rolling.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your response. I think you have a point.. The only thing that worries me is what if we get approved before. But at the rate that things are going at TSC I doubt we will be approved by August.. So maybe we can have the party the first week of September and then he could go back to Italy..

vtOaI2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It is always hard to predict when it will come and a really good advise is to never look at the timeline prediction here on VJ, it's rarely accurate...

The question is, is how soon after you get approved you want him to come over? Because if you decide to have the shower in September and he happens to get approved in August you can just delay the process and he can go visit you and then he can deal with the interview etc once he comes home. It's all up to you guys but you can definitely go ahead and do it :)

Timeline

We actually wanted to get married in November but we know that is not going to happen at all. We are actually aiming more for our wedding to be in March which gives us more time and everything..

So maybe we could just have the bridal shower in September and then plan his interview for when he goes back to Italy.. Right?

vtOaI2.jpg

We actually wanted to get married in November but we know that is not going to happen at all. We are actually aiming more for our wedding to be in March which gives us more time and everything..

If you get approved in August, why can't you wed in November? It's highly unlikely that it'll take over two months to get your visa especially since you're not from a high-risk country. Or do you mean an "extravagant" and planned wedding? If so, ignore my comment haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.