Chicago22

Local Immigration office for I129F

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

That seems to be a long time, you did check case status on the USCIS website? Have you called USCIS for status, it is quite past the normal processing time posted on the USCIS website.

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=21434

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I went to my local DHS office yesterday. They're not much help. They have access to as much info as the USCIS customer service people do, which is basically the same as what you can see if you check the status of your case online.

I finally got help with my problem today through USCIS Customer Service, after about four calls to them. In my case, the approved 129F seems to have gotten lost between the California Service Center and the National Visa Center. It was approved by the CSC Dec. 26, but as of today (Feb. 15), the NVC still has no record of my application on file.

The various CIS people I've talked with have given me numbers for the State Department visa information line, have told me to contact NVC, have told me to talk to the local DHS office for more information about my case. Basically, my impression is that they send you in circles until you have enough information and sound confident enough with them on the phone that you force them into some action.

I should point out that the local DHS person was helpful not in giving any specific information about my case, but in suggesting that I contact the USCIS customer service and the NVC and ask them to "run a trace" on my petition.

So finally today, I got the CIS customer service lady to send an internal email to the CSC, saying that I've been in touch with the NVC and they still have no record of the file. She said the message went through successfully, gave me a referral number, and I should hear something from them within 45 days.

That's better than what I got from the NVC who more or less intimated that there's nothing they can do until 90 days have passed from the time the application was approved. Legally, they have 90 days to receive the application. That was the message I got from them about a week ago on the phone. They haven't replied yet to the email I sent them asking them to "run a trace".

I also got some potentially useful advice from an immigration attorney, which was to write letters to my congressmen. If you look on the websites of your local representative and state senators, you will probably find that there's some kind of immigration consent form or privacy form, that you can send along with a cover letter and other information supporting your case to ask them for assistance. I sent letters to my congressmen yesterday. I don't know if it will help, but at least it's something. The worst feeling is when there's no hope and there's nothing you can do about it. It's better if you can continue to get information and at least try to do something to help your case, if there is a legitimate concern.

Good luck.

APR 25, 2006 ARRIVE IN KENYA FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION RESEARCH

JUL 07, 2006 MEET AT CHECK-INN CLUB IN BUSIA, KENYA

SEPT 25, 2006 RETURN TO US

OCT 18, 2006 I129F SUBMITTED

OCT 24, 2006 NOA1 I129F

OCT 24, 2006 BACK TO KENYA

NOV 18, 2006 PROPOSED IN MOMBASA, KENYA (SHE SAID "YES"!)

DEC 26, 2006 NOA2 I129F

DEC 27, 2006 RETURN FROM KENYA

JANUARY, 2006 NVC CAN'T LOCATE PETITION

FEB 14, 2007 LETTERS SENT TO CONGRESSMEN

FEB 15, 2007 CIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SENDS EMAIL TO CSC REQUESTING TRACE ON MY PETITION (SHOULD HEAR BACK W/IN 45 DAYS)

FEB 19, 2007 APPROVED PETITION TOUCHED

FEB 21, 2007 EMAIL FROM CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE SAYING PETITION HAS JUST BEEN RECEIVED BY NVC

FEB 23, 2007 PETITION SENT TO US EMBASSY IN NAIROBI, KENYA

MAR 5, 2007 PICKED UP PACKET 3/4 FROM EMBASSY

MAR 26, 2007 RETURNED PACKET 3 TO EMBASSY

APR 12, 2007 RETURNED MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS TO EMBASSY, HAD INTERVIEW, AND WAS APPROVED!

APR 26, 2007 PICKED-UP VISA FROM EMBASSY

APR 28-29, 2007 NAIROBI-ZURICH-CHICAGO-DETROIT-ANN ARBOR

JUL 3, 2007 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

JUL 30, 2007 MAIL AOS, EAD, AP APPLICATIONS

SEPT 8, 2007 CHECK CASHED

OCT 24, 2007 AP APPROVED

NOV 5, 2007 EAD APPROVED

NOV 6, 2007 EAD IN MAIL

JAN 22, 2008 INTERVIEW -- APPROVED!

Jacinta is a conditional permanent resident alien!

Thanks, for the advice.

Actually, I've done the Conressman advice. I contacted Barak's office and Rahm Emanuel's office. They just put an inquiry and say wait 30 to 60 days.

The problem being is that I am still waiting for my IMBRA RFE!!

My only options,

1.Reapply Again

2. Marry her

3.Wait

4. Quit my job and live in the Philippines

5.Marry someone else

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have you tried to request a InfoPass? I'm not sure if the office on Jackson can do anything for you. What about Senator's Durbin's office? He's office was helpful for me as well as Jan Scholawski's (sp?). It's almost been a year. Have you tried calling the USCIS again?

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I appled for the K1 back in March of 2005 and was denied in Sept of 2005. My case was pending forever and I needed an answer so I had them contact the USCIS for some answers. They were real helpful but of course took a little time. I told them I wanted to know the status and what was the hold on. They actually came back and told me my case was denied way before the the website or customer services could have told me anything. It was denied b/c I didn't meet the two year requirement.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I tried Durbin's office back in November. They replied that my case is pending.

What did you say to them?

I will PM you a Durbin contact downstate who can help you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.