Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Bringing my wifes son from phils to US

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all. I'm trying to petition my step son from the Phil's and I'm a little confused, I was told it would be faster if I put the paperwork in my name since he is my child now, and was told too fill out just a I-130. Now I'm seeing Through the guide that I have to fill out a few other forms.

I'm going to assume that the guide is the correct way but I just want to make sure, any advice would be helpful thank you.

Info the boy is only 12, she has been here for 2 years, has green card and happily married thank you.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are a US citizen, yes the process will be faster if you file the i130 as the step-parent. The child will be under the IR2/CR2 category. He will immigrate in more or less a year.

If your wife files the i130, child will be under F2A category and it will take more or less 2 years to bring him over.

Edited by apple21

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you should file

Yes you need to file bio forms etc with the I-130.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.