Bare

Philippine Passport Renewal and ROM

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi. I know there are topics about this but I just wanted some clarification.

My husband and I got married in AZ. My passport is already expired and we are here in California right now to renew my passport in a few days, also do a ROM.

My questions are:

1. Can we finish everything for a day?

2. Do they have photo shop there to have our photos taken ( to make sure we do all the requirements ) or they don't and we need to do it somewhere?

3. If we have to do it somewhere, where is the best place to get it that will follow all the requirements like sizes etc.?

4. Do they ask for another valid state ID for both of these? ( I haven't filed my AOS yet and I'm out of status now so I don't have anything. )

5. Will there be a problem doing both since I'm out of status?

6. Also, we got married in 2013. Will they ask for a Affidavit of Delayed Registration ( in LA consulate ) ?

All answers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Bare

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. I know there are topics about this but I just wanted some clarification.

My husband and I got married in AZ. My passport is already expired and we are here in California right now to renew my passport in a few days, also do a ROM.

My questions are:

1. Can we finish everything for a day?

2. Do they have photo shop there to have our photos taken ( to make sure we do all the requirements ) or they don't and we need to do it somewhere?

3. If we have to do it somewhere, where is the best place to get it that will follow all the requirements like sizes etc.?

4. Do they ask for another valid state ID for both of these? ( I haven't filed my AOS yet and I'm out of status now so I don't have anything. )

5. Will there be a problem doing both since I'm out of status?

6. Also, we got married in 2013. Will they ask for a Affidavit of Delayed Registration ( in LA consulate ) ?

All answers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes you can do everything in a day. We did ROM and my wife renewed her passport the same day during an outreach even up in Phoenix.

I don't know whether there is a photo service at the consulate, but you can get passport photos done at most Walgreens or even the Post Office.

Philippine consulate does not care about your "status" here in the USA, that isn't their requirement.

Don't know if they will ask for a affidavit for delayed registration, we didn't do ROM until 8 months after we were married and was not asked.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yes you can do everything in a day. We did ROM and my wife renewed her passport the same day during an outreach even up in Phoenix.

I don't know whether there is a photo service at the consulate, but you can get passport photos done at most Walgreens or even the Post Office.

Philippine consulate does not care about your "status" here in the USA, that isn't their requirement.

Don't know if they will ask for a affidavit for delayed registration, we didn't do ROM until 8 months after we were married and was not asked.

Thanks for the response. I was reading on the LA Consulate and it says do not bring photos because it has to be taken there.

I tried to copy paste the link but I couldn't. Can you look at their website too if it isn't too much? Thank you.

Timeline

Thanks for the response. I was reading on the LA Consulate and it says do not bring photos because it has to be taken there.

I tried to copy paste the link but I couldn't. Can you look at their website too if it isn't too much? Thank you.

Well that handles your photo question.. all is good. :thumbs:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi again. Sorry to bother you.

I just went to the LA Consulate today and I didn't accomplish anything.

I got all the forms signed, photocopies of everything, and still they didn't accept it.

I had a problem with ROM. They ask me for the Marriage License and I had that. But then again he asked me for a "Vital Statistics" from the court we got married at.

It was not on the requirement list and I told him that.

So now I have no choice but to wait for the Consular Outreach in Phoenix.

I just wanna ask, did you experience these when you and your wife did yours?

Thank you.

Edited by Bare

Timeline

We didn't get married at the court house, and we were not asked for any vital statistics documents. Did you have certified copies of your marriage certificate or just copies?

We brought what was on the list and had no issues.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We didn't get married at the court house, and we were not asked for any vital statistics documents. Did you have certified copies of your marriage certificate or just copies?

We brought what was on the list and had no issues.

Yes I have the original Marriage License/ Certificate. Maybe it's just for marriage at the court. Thank you for your time.

Timeline

Yes I have the original Marriage License/ Certificate. Maybe it's just for marriage at the court. Thank you for your time.

You don't submit the original marriage certificate for ROM. You take your original marriage certificate down to the county recorder, once they record it you can get certified copies. Here in Tucson they did the recording and issued us certified copies while we were there. You need to submit certified copies of your marriage certificate for ROM

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You don't submit the original marriage certificate for ROM. You take your original marriage certificate down to the county recorder, once they record it you can get certified copies. Here in Tucson they did the recording and issued us certified copies while we were there. You need to submit certified copies of your marriage certificate for ROM

Ohh. Now it's getting clearer. We thought they only want photocopies of the original Marriage License. We didn't know we needed the CTC for that. Do you think that was the thing missing? Because the guy just said Vital Statistics

And Notary of something. And I never read any of the Vital Statistics that he was talkig about anywhere here or o the requirements.

Timeline

Ohh. Now it's getting clearer. We thought they only want photocopies of the original Marriage License. We didn't know we needed the CTC for that. Do you think that was the thing missing? Because the guy just said Vital Statistics

And Notary of something. And I never read any of the Vital Statistics that he was talkig about anywhere here or o the requirements.

I tend to go with that thinking. We provided one original certified copy and the rest photo copies of the certified copy marriage certificate.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Okay. I will try that when I submit the forms for reservation for the Outreach. Thank you. Big help.

Just a recommendation. Have you tried calling back to the Consulate there in LA and try and get clarification so your not chasing the cat up the wrong tree? It seems to me, don't get me wrong I am not trying to be a jerk, but wouldn't it have been wiser to get clarification WHILE at the Consulate as to their requirements that you are missing?

I'd have to go with what Hank said. That possibly the certified original would suffice their requirements.

This whole process can be stressful because you feeling like your shooting at a moving target. My experience is, get all the documents that is on their list. Check each one off and have your partner double check everything with you.

Good luck. Outreach programs are a good way of getting important paperwork completed. You'll do fine. I would just call the Consulate and verify what they are saying when they are referring to "vital statistics". That statement had me really baffled when I first read your post.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

The original marriage license that is signed at conclusion of the vows is not what they want. Once you get the recorded/certified copy you will see they are different.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular%20services/conserv-registry.htm

b. One (1) original or certified true copy and four (4) photocopies of the Marriage Certificate or Contract Extended Form (Original will be returned).

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I just did ROM like... a little over a week ago. I sent a certified true copy of our marriage certificate and it was sufficient. I think the statistics you are talking about was some consulates want to see how many times you/your spouse has been married on your mc. And the notary part is if you opt to send your ROM instead of doing the outreach, you would need the applications notarized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.