Cheng and Dustin

GUZ Paper Filers with fast case complete to interview stories

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can share a positive story about the time it takes for an NVC case complete to reach Guangzhou and result in an interview date? It seems that all I am seeing is doom and gloom, and I was just hoping us "paper filers" could hear about some more hopeful experiences time wise.

Thanks so much,

DL Aaronson

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to China regional forum; OP is asking for specific information about a specific Consulate.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Please see my timeline. I have all the dates listed in it and it'll give you a good idea of time it takes. It was almost 2 years ago, but likely still valid as it was in the new Consulate.

Yes I am a paper filer too. I was going to do EP but before I received my GUZ number I called NVC and was told the EP was really slow at that time, and she recommended me to go the paper path.

Well I have to say NVC did wrap up my case quickly. From the day NVC received my AOS/IV packages to case complete only took 25 calendar days.

I saw my AOS fee status became N/A on 4/20/15 so I called NVC and was confirmed the case was complete. Since the case was paper filed so it must be sent to Guangzhou embassy before an interview date could be assigned.

There is no update since then. It has been 4 weeks since 4/20 and my case has not been sent yet. I call NVC everyday and the answer is always the same: it will be sent but we do not know when.

I have heard paper case would have to wait in a custom warehouse for a few months before it could be shipped to the embassy? It really freaks me out. Though I see DHL website shows mostly 1 week of delivery time instead of few months.

My case status on CEAC is always AT NVC. It never changed to anything else.

I wonder if anyone has the experience about when my case will be shipped out? Also is that true we the paper filers must wait a few months for custom clearance in China?

Thanks

Timeline

Hi Vitaminhan,

That is strange because my status says "Ready". I e-mailed the consulate, and they told me they had received the electronic "safefile" and are waiting for the paper file to "be delivered". I am certainly not an expert, but maybe you could ask the consulate to check and see if they have received your safefile. Once they do that, your CEAC status might change to Ready. I have been watching timelines, and it looks like the case complete to P3 letter is running 6 weeks for paper filers.. sometimes even 4 weeks, and 8 weeks on the outside. After all the hoops we've already jumped through, this last "surprise" has been brutal.

Good luck to you, and let me know if you have some luck soon,

DL Aaronson

Hi Vitaminhan,

That is strange because my status says "Ready". I e-mailed the consulate, and they told me they had received the electronic "safefile" and are waiting for the paper file to "be delivered". I am certainly not an expert, but maybe you could ask the consulate to check and see if they have received your safefile. Once they do that, your CEAC status might change to Ready. I have been watching timelines, and it looks like the case complete to P3 letter is running 6 weeks for paper filers.. sometimes even 4 weeks, and 8 weeks on the outside. After all the hoops we've already jumped through, this last "surprise" has been brutal.

Good luck to you, and let me know if you have some luck soon,

DL Aaronson

if 6 weeks or 8 weeks after the case complete to an interview letter, then I am fine with it, but now it has been 4 weeks and according to NVC call representative, my case has not been sent! Sometimes I doubt if my case has been sent but the NVC status just not got updated...

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

errata:

SAFEFILE casefiles arrive at GUZ IV electronically within 48 hours of case complete at NVC.ALL Casefiles at NVC, regardless of Consular Post Designation or Visa Type, are scanned into SAFEFILE.

K-1 visa chasers are not a good metric, as GUZ IV sometimes relies solely on the SAFEFILE version of the casefile for a K-1 visa application, and when that happens, the 3 to 6 month wait diminishes to 2 weeks.

CR-1/2 ; /IR-1/2/5 paper casefiles must wait it out in the China Customs Warehouse in Guangzhou, per treaty with the USA as 'consular documents', for 3 to 6 months. Once GUZ IV receives the paper casefile, they 'open it', and somehow get word out to the beneficiary.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

You can look at my recent posts to get an idea of the paper process...

My case happened earlier this year and went from 1/6 case complete to 3/7 P4 receipt, so expect about 2 months of waiting...

The most frustrating part is that there's no indication of how much longer you have to wait.

My DHL status tracker showed it clearing chinese customs on 1/23, but that didn't correlate at all with the actual results.

I e-mailed the Guangzhou embassy every week for an update, but they had the same response every week and wouldn't provide an ETA.

The best think you can do is monitor the CEAC Status website for the "case updated" date. Whenever that actually changes, that's when the consulate actually has your file and has started working on it, so you can expect the P4 e-mail within a couple days. Note that if you e-mail the embassy, that "case updated" date gets updated when they respond to you, so it's almost better to just sit and start at the status screen instead of trying to push them to find out where things are at.

Timeline

jfrankli512,

Thanks so much for your help! I guess we should be close then :)

I'll be in Shanghai on Tuesday which puts us at just over 7 weeks since case complete.

Hopefully I'll have about 6 weeks or so before we can put a bow on it.

Thanks so much,

Dustin

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Received our P4 e-mail exactly 8 weeks after NVC approval.. and easily scheduled our interview for 2 weeks after that. Pretty much all of the timelines of "Paper Filers" this year show the same schedule, sooo there we have it.

Timeline

yay !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi Frank,

Where do you see on the CEAC website that says "case updated" date? Thanks!

You can look at my recent posts to get an idea of the paper process...

My case happened earlier this year and went from 1/6 case complete to 3/7 P4 receipt, so expect about 2 months of waiting...

The most frustrating part is that there's no indication of how much longer you have to wait.

My DHL status tracker showed it clearing chinese customs on 1/23, but that didn't correlate at all with the actual results.

I e-mailed the Guangzhou embassy every week for an update, but they had the same response every week and wouldn't provide an ETA.

The best think you can do is monitor the CEAC Status website for the "case updated" date. Whenever that actually changes, that's when the consulate actually has your file and has started working on it, so you can expect the P4 e-mail within a couple days. Note that if you e-mail the embassy, that "case updated" date gets updated when they respond to you, so it's almost better to just sit and start at the status screen instead of trying to push them to find out where things are at.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.