mrSoft

My attorney says there is no instruction on the NVC website that permits us to submit extra documents.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I probably would just bring it to the interview at this point after you already submitted the packets unless you feel you have very little evidence that

you submitted to USCIS. What relationship evidence did you send with petition initially ?

My initial evidence to USICS was plane tickets for my first and second trip to visit him, atm withdrawal receipts from his country, receipt from when we went to the embassy to prepare for our marriage, shopping receipt, USPS receipt for a present I sent him, Verizon phone bills showing his number multiple times, pages and pages of Skype calls, western union receipts (money I sent him), notarized affidavits from my mother, aunt, and close friend. PLUS notarized affidavits from my husband's mother, sister, and brother. Lastly, I included photos from my first and second trip.

My supplementary evidence would include (all dates occurring after the I-130 was approved): continued western union receipts from me to him, plane tickets/hotel receipts from my 3rd time visiting him, and plane tickets/hotel receipts from our honeymoon in Turkey.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

My initial evidence to USICS was plane tickets for my first and second trip to visit him, atm withdrawal receipts from his country, receipt from when we went to the embassy to prepare for our marriage, shopping receipt, USPS receipt for a present I sent him, Verizon phone bills showing his number multiple times, pages and pages of Skype calls, western union receipts (money I sent him), notarized affidavits from my mother, aunt, and close friend. PLUS notarized affidavits from my husband's mother, sister, and brother. Lastly, I included photos from my first and second trip.

My supplementary evidence would include (all dates occurring after the I-130 was approved): continued western union receipts from me to him, plane tickets/hotel receipts from my 3rd time visiting him, and plane tickets/hotel receipts from our honeymoon in Turkey.

That seems adequate for now but double check with others who already went through your consulate to be sure about the ongoing new

evidence in regards to NVC sideloading.

I am a bit cautious having been denied the first time around even though we had plenty of evidence.

The CO wanted to see more evidence and when I asked her what evidence does she still want to see she said she can't tell us that, put us in AP

for 16 months and then denied to issue the visa.

Second K1 we heavily frontloaded the petition and I wrote a short note to USCIS to 'excuse my over loading the petition' but that the CO wanted to

see more so they got 12 pounds !

I think we had a rougher time than you will have going through Tunesia though.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

That seems adequate for now but double check with others who already went through your consulate to be sure about the ongoing new

evidence in regards to NVC sideloading.

I am a bit cautious having been denied the first time around even though we had plenty of evidence.

The CO wanted to see more evidence and when I asked her what evidence does she still want to see she said she can't tell us that, put us in AP

for 16 months and then denied to issue the visa.

Second K1 we heavily frontloaded the petition and I wrote a short note to USCIS to 'excuse my over loading the petition' but that the CO wanted to

see more so they got 12 pounds !

I think we had a rougher time than you will have going through Tunesia though.

I've read all the embassy reviews here for Tunisia and they're so mixed! Some people report a smooth experience, while others report a very thorough and grumpy CO. I want to be prepared for the grumpy CO who wants everything. So to the interview I'm going to make sure my husband has my IRS tax transcripts for past three years directly from the IRS, all original documents, and the evidence I listed before. Additionally, I can provide continued Skype calls, Verizon bills, facebook messages, and more pictures. There is absolutely nothing else I can give them except for maybe more affidavits of our continued relationship. Our two year anniversary will be July 1st of this year if that makes any difference.

Also, Ebunoluwa, thank you so much for helping me even though this isn't my thread lol!

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Timeline

I've read all the embassy reviews here for Tunisia and they're so mixed! Some people report a smooth experience, while others report a very thorough and grumpy CO. I want to be prepared for the grumpy CO who wants everything. So to the interview I'm going to make sure my husband has my IRS tax transcripts for past three years directly from the IRS, all original documents, and the evidence I listed before. Additionally, I can provide continued Skype calls, Verizon bills, facebook messages, and more pictures. There is absolutely nothing else I can give them except for maybe more affidavits of our continued relationship. Our two year anniversary will be July 1st of this year if that makes any difference.

Also, Ebunoluwa, thank you so much for helping me even though this isn't my thread lol!

Sounds like you got it all covered. You are welcome and good luck !

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm late to this conversation but am at the same point and have similar questions. From what I understand the NVC allows the addition of "Embassy Specific" additional documentation by listing this added message as the last part of "Step 5: Collect Supporting Documents":

Review Embassy/Consulate Instructions

Civil and personal documents may differ from country to country, depending on availability. There may be additional instructions for obtaining civil documents or additional documents you need to submit. These will be submitted to the NVC in Step 6. Select the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for a visa to learn what additional requirements there are, if any.

After, that there is a link to check reciprocity by country. My case will be processed in Nigeria and the pdf that I get says that the embassy requires additional documents to "demonstrate relationship with the petitioner". The passage above specifically says that the additional documents need to be submitted to NVC in Step 6. So, I'm a bit confused here. The attorney's advice seems to be wrong OR maybe it's dependent on the country. But I'm going to include the additional documents and state that they are "embassy specific" documents.

Married in Nigeria: 12/23/2014

I-130 Sent: 1/27/2015

I-130 NOA1: 1/29/2015

I-130 Approved: 6/1/2015

NVC Received: 6/16/2015

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 6/29/2015

Submitted DS-261: 6/29/2015

Paid AOS Bill: 7/6/2015

AOS Bill Posted: 7/9/2015

Received IV Bill: 6/29/2015

Paid IV Bill: 7/6/2015

IV Bill Posted: 7/9/2015

Sent AOS Package: 7/20/2015

Sent IV Package: 7/20/2015

NVC Received: 7/21/2015

Received Checklist : 8/10/2015

(Missed P/C - Was told by operator to send package without it and a letter of explanation as to why we didn't have it; also told that case could be forwarded without it - LIE)

Sent Police Certificates (SD): 8/19/2015 & 8/28/2015

Case Completed at NVC: 10/30/2015

Received Instructions and Interview appointment letter: 12/3/2015

Medical Exam: 1/20/2016

Medical Results: Picked up 1/22/2016

Interview Date: 1/28/2016

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

Visa Received: 2/12/2016

US Entry: 2/14/2016

Timeline

I'm late to this conversation but am at the same point and have similar questions. From what I understand the NVC allows the addition of "Embassy Specific" additional documentation by listing this added message as the last part of "Step 5: Collect Supporting Documents":

Civil and personal documents may differ from country to country, depending on availability. There may be additional instructions for obtaining civil documents or additional documents you need to submit. These will be submitted to the NVC in Step 6. Select the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for a visa to learn what additional requirements there are, if any.

After, that there is a link to check reciprocity by country. My case will be processed in Nigeria and the pdf that I get says that the embassy requires additional documents to "demonstrate relationship with the petitioner". The passage above specifically says that the additional documents need to be submitted to NVC in Step 6. So, I'm a bit confused here. The attorney's advice seems to be wrong OR maybe it's dependent on the country. But I'm going to include the additional documents and state that they are "embassy specific" documents.

Many attorneys are simply clueless.

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

The VJ term "sideloading" is including more relationship evidence with the DS-230 IV package sent to the NVC and yes you should do so.

Forget the attorney and do it yourself if he doesn't want to do it.

Point of sideloading at NVC for high fraud countries is that the CO will have seen the evidence long before the beneficiary steps in for the interview

and often makes up his mind to deny/approve before the interview......especially if the petition was not "frontloaded."

CO's often refuse to look at the evidence brought in to the interview when they have already decided to deny based on what they have

seen already.

As the originator of the term 'sideloading' and having written all kinds o stuff about how to do it, I heartily endorse Ebunoluwa's posit on 'sideloading', above.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, that stuff to be sent in is covered in the I-130, those 6 types of proof. time passes between I-130 submittal into USCIS and civil documents into NVC, usually a couple can amass more documentation and proof between these 2 timeticks.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I have been thinking about this as well. Even if USCIS forwards all documents related to the relationship on to the NVC, additional information will be added in the time between I-130 and Interview: Skype chat logs, travel itineraries, etc. It's always better to error on the side of caution and to have more information then not enough!

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened....08/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/23/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/25/17
NOA1 Mailed......................08/30/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................08/31/17
Biometrics Mailed...............09/20/17
Biometrics Received..........09/22/17
Biometrics Appointment.....10/03/17
Approved............................09/24/18

N400 Timeline

90 Day Window Opens...........08/22/18

N-400 Filed (Online)...............08/23/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/24/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/31/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/21/18

In Line For Interview.............05/23/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............05/24/19

Interview................................07/01/19

Oath.......................................07/17/19

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.