yusraali

Bringing husband with student visa in Germany to the United States

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I am an American citizen but my husband has been living in Germany for the last 7 years or so on a student Visa. He is still in school right now, but when he finishes I want to bring him to the united states. What do I file for him? And does it matter that he's in Germany on a student Visa or will I have to do things from his home country???????? Please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Do you live with him in Germany? or you live in US and he is living in Germany?

Check the options you have on the guides section. Under " Guides if you are married".

http://www.visajourney.com/content/guides

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is his nationality?

When does he finish?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

He is in Med school and has about 2 years to go. I live in the US, and he lives in Germany. He is originally from the country Yemen which in case you don't watch the news is in the middle of a war, and the American embassy have left it.

Timeline

So now is a bit early to file, maybe about 15 months out.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You can read all about it in the Guides above.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.