SHOCKJOCK35

Removal of condition I-751

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I have a friend from Peru who is married to a USC and they have two kids together. She lives here in the US with her children and her Husband (the USC) lives in Lima. He is unable to travel due a medical condition. Her green card is about to expire as a Conditional Resident. If she files the ROC I-75, She doesn't have enough Initial Evidence except of cource the two kids, but all her residence and banking info is only in her name. What other option would she have if requested to have an interview. I'm just thinking of other information that she could submitt to prevent a denial of the The green card.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

It should be hard for her to show an intact marriage if they don't live together.

Some evidence she might want to include is a good explanation of the reasons why they live apart, and she might want to collect all the phone bills that show calls to each other, letters written, visits made etc etc. Anything that would show a well-maintained relationship between the two.

edited to add: she might also consider consulting an immigration lawyer on the case, as I doubt there is many people on this board (if any) that can give good advise on such a rare case

Edited by tweety

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Timeline
It should be hard for her to show an intact marriage if they don't live together.

Some evidence she might want to include is a good explanation of the reasons why they live apart, and she might want to collect all the phone bills that show calls to each other, letters written, visits made etc etc. Anything that would show a well-maintained relationship between the two.

edited to add: she might also consider consulting an immigration lawyer on the case, as I doubt there is many people on this board (if any) that can give good advise on such a rare case

When ever she calls to peru. she always uses pre-paid calling cards and hasn't kept any e-mails . she only has a her passport stamps for traveling to and from peru. She doesn't know how to do any of this stuff. when she got green card her husband did it all. she was just told to file for a new green card when the first one expires. I don't know what to do if the app is denied, which i think it will be. the only real evidence she has is the two children with US birth certificates and passports.

This is a case for an immigration lawyer if I ever saw one. No help if she can't afford it. If that's the case, she just has to file and do her best based on the two kids. They are the best evidence of all. She'll need to get good evidence (in English or translated to English) on the medical condition and the affidavit of the husband, at a minimum.

August 27, 2004 - - Married

09/07/04. Apply I-130 - (receipt date) (Day 1/NA/NA)

10/12/04. I-130 Approved - (Day 35/NA/NA)

10/16/04. NVC Receives Case (Day 39/Day 1/NA)

11/08/04. NVC Assigns Case Number (Day 62/Day 23/Day 1)

12/06/04. I-864 and IV fees sent out express (Day 88/Day 49/Day 26)

12/20/04. I-864 and DS-230 "generated" (Day 102/Day 63/Day 40)

01/07/05. I-864 and DS-230 sent express (Day 120/Day 81/Day 58)

01/10/05. I-864 and DS-230 Rec'd at NVC (Day 123/Day 84/Day 61)

01/12/05. NVC reports receipt of papers and begins entering information (Day 125/Day 86/Day 63)

01/14/05. System updated with "biographic forms received" message. (Day 127/Day 88/Day 65)

02/03/05. Case APPROVED and forwarded to EMBASSY! (Day 147/Day 108/Day 85)

02/10/05. Embassy receives case, interview appointment arranged via email for 03/03/05!

SUCCESS! VISA 'INTERVIEW' WITH NO QUESTIONS TO MY WIFE AT ALL COMPLETED ON 03-03-05. VISA IN HAND ON 03-04!!! DAY 175 (AFTER SENDING I-130) - DAY 136 (AFTER RECEIPT OF CASE AT NVC) - DAY 113 (AFTER ASSIGNMENT OF CASE NUMBER)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01/08/07. I-751 Mailed to TSC

01/11/07. Checks Cashed

01/22/07. I-797C Received. Green Card Extended 12 Months

02/08/07. Bimoetrics appointment (for 3/01) received

03/01/07. Biometrics Taken in Tampa

03/02/07. Online - Record - Updated (probably for biometrics)

06/04/07. Card Production Ordered (Allow 30 days for delivery)

06/11/07. 10 year card received.

NATURALIZATION

04/08/08. Filed application

08/01/01. Received Interview Date (September 25)

Filed: Timeline
I have a friend from Peru who is married to a USC and they have two kids together. She lives here in the US with her children and her Husband (the USC) lives in Lima. He is unable to travel due a medical condition. Her green card is about to expire as a Conditional Resident. If she files the ROC I-75, She doesn't have enough Initial Evidence except of cource the two kids, but all her residence and banking info is only in her name. What other option would she have if requested to have an interview. I'm just thinking of other information that she could submitt to prevent a denial of the The green card.

Why does the USC husband live in Pero? Is he there for business purposes? If so, I don't find their situation all that uncommon. There are many people that have to reside apart for one reason or another. Is the US home the one he considers is his permanent address?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

I guess threre is a real need for a lawyer in this case. It seems to me that notarized letters from both the husband's and the wife's relatives and friends who can attest a good marriage relationship would help. Photos of the family together. Any documents from either the husband or the wife's workplace that designate each otehr as a spouse/beneficiary for health/life insurances and that shows their US address as permanent address may also help. Any joint estate, home or car ownership... It seems to me that the husband did not move abroad permanently he should get some mails in his US address.

I guess threre is a real need for a lawyer in this case. It seems to me that notarized letters from both the husband's and the wife's relatives and friends who can attest a good marriage relationship would help. Photos of the family together. Any documents from either the husband or the wife's workplace that designate each otehr as a spouse/beneficiary for health/life insurances and that shows their US address as permanent address may also help. Any joint estate, home or car ownership... It seems to me that the husband did not move abroad permanently he should get some mails in his US address.

If the husband is a USC then it should be no problem in adding him to the bank accounts or utility bills..try and see if a simple phone call or a faxed document can get him added on---

I just got my approval from CSC in 3 months--

all I did was send in:

-bank statement (2 statements)

-copy of birth certificate

-2 notarized statements from relatives

-copy of tax Joint tax returns

it would be a problem if the alien in question was living in peru but since its the USC its worth a shot

I-130

July 28-- Mail to NSC

August 9---NOA1 Received from CSC

August 27---NOA2 Approval notice

September 24----Case # assigned By NVC

October 4-------NVC sent I-864 fee bill and DS-3032

October 12------Received I-864 Fee Bill and DS-3032

October 13------Sent I-864 fee bill and DS-3032 to NVC

October 14------I-864 fee Bill and DS-3032 delivered

October 15------DS-3032 updated in System

October 18-------IV bill Generated

October 30-------IV bill Received

October 30-------I-864 package received

November 1------IV bill and I-864 package Sent to NVC

November 2------IV bill and I-864 package Delivered

November 12-----IV bill updated in system

November 15-----DS-230 Part 1 Generated

November 22-----Received DS-230 Part 1

November 22-----Mailed DS-230 Part 1 to NVC

November 23-----DS-230 Part I delivered

November 26-----DS-230 Part I updated in System

November 29-----Case Under Review

December 2-------Case Completed

December 9-------Case forwarded to Embassy

December 14------Embassy receives Case

December 20------Interview Schedule Feb 01, 2005

December 29------wife receives packet 4

February 01-------VISA APPROVED

February 12--------Arrive in USA

I-751--

-December 5 2006---sent to CSC

-December 19--NOA 1 recvd--

-Feb 20th--Approval Notice--card production ordered

Filed: Timeline
She'll need to get good evidence (in English or translated to English) on the medical condition and the affidavit of the husband, at a minimum.

I'm still curious as to the husband's status abraod. Is it permanent? Is he filing tax returns as a resident? Is she listed on the tax returns? There's not enough information offered to know whether this will be an issue or not.

However, if scheduled for an interview, I doubt an affidavit would do her much good. What's best is to review the evidence she has and try to compile a well-documented submission so that she's not called for an interview based on something being insufficient.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

I THINK THAT SHE MAY BE ABLE TO FILE A WAVIER OF JOINT FILING. THEY MARRIED IN 2003 ENTER IN GOOD FAITH. THE CHILDREN ARE AGES 6 AND 9 AND THEY ARE USC'S AS WELL . THEY DO HAVE A HOUSE TOGETHER IN BOTH OF THIER NAMES IN PERU. SHE TOLD ME THAT HER HUSBAND SENT HER HERE TO LIVE BECAUSE OF HIS ILLNESS. HE MAY DIE SOON AND SO ALL THE HER DOCUMENT HERE ARE JUST IN HER NAME. I STILL FEEL LIKE THAT THE APP WILL GET REJECTED.

I STILL FEEL LIKE THAT THE APP WILL GET REJECTED.

No, not with two kids from the marriage. She should fill out the I-751 form and send to her husband to sign and to return. She need also evidence why he has to stay in Peru. But first of all, she should find an immigration lawyer to speak to - her case is non-standard and she needs good advice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
I THINK THAT SHE MAY BE ABLE TO FILE A WAVIER OF JOINT FILING. THEY MARRIED IN 2003 ENTER IN GOOD FAITH. THE CHILDREN ARE AGES 6 AND 9 AND THEY ARE USC'S AS WELL . THEY DO HAVE A HOUSE TOGETHER IN BOTH OF THIER NAMES IN PERU. SHE TOLD ME THAT HER HUSBAND SENT HER HERE TO LIVE BECAUSE OF HIS ILLNESS. HE MAY DIE SOON AND SO ALL THE HER DOCUMENT HERE ARE JUST IN HER NAME. I STILL FEEL LIKE THAT THE APP WILL GET REJECTED.

hm, he may die soon, and she is still in the US? I know for sure if my husband would ever be sick I would not leave him alone in a foreign country... I would get there immediately.... but that's just my take on it.

Anyway, married in 2003 and children ages 6 and 9.... so is the father of the kids the current husband?

Why I'm bringing this up? These are the kind of questions the immigration officer adjudicating her case might also have.

I also second the remark, that advise from a lawyer might be more valuable than this message board.

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.