Anna Banana

DV2015 Expiration Date for Processing

7 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi guys,

I live in the US on a current O-1, won DV lottery 2015 and my case no is 2015EU25xxx. I just filed the whole package for AOS (as instructed by USCIS) in April and got my acceptance email today. I'm realising that this is late in the year and that it may very well take 4 months before everything is done and I have a GC. If I'm a 2015 DV winner, and haven't gotten my visa before September 30th 2015 is my application automatically denied and my chance over and done with? Or will it be allowed to be completed even if the process stretches to beyond the end of the "DV year"?

Your visa number is current so AOS shouldn't be a problem. Just wait for your biometrics/interview and then GC.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

It is correct that if it is not complete by 30 September it lapses, but as millimelo says there is not really any reason to worry about that. DV cases usually take much less than 4 months from being current to do AoS.

• 2 months later...
Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi again!

I've come as far as my biometric scan which took place on the 22nd of May. Since then I haven't had an update and I've become a little anxious. I guess the next step would be the interview but its taking so long. Perhaps that's because I'm in California?

Two questions:

1. I havent heard anything back or had an update, I check the status on the website often. I just found out it is likely that I have to travel in the next two weeks for work to Europe. It was unexpected so I haven't planned for it (I didnt think I'd have to travel until the end of the year when I filed), but since I have an I-131 in my adjustment of status petition, can I travel or do I actually need written permission/an answer or document back from USCIS? I am in the US under an O1 at the moment but transferring to permanent resident through the diversity lottery which is why I have the I-485/I-131/I-765 package in motion.

2. My medical exam papers that were attached in the petition have now expired, while in the petition. Should I have it done again and send them a new medical exam even though they haven't asked for it? Just to speed the process along?

So thankful for your answers and help.

Kindest regards,

Anna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.