Fractalina

Indonesian beneficiary : validity of noa2 and interview schedule

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am currently in United States and our noa2 was April 17. I plan on going home and finish the k1 process once nvc has already transfered my case to the embassy in Jakarta.

My question is, do we have a time limit as to when to submit the k1 visa? And so you guys wait for the embassy to contact you or proactively contacting them in advance?

Also, does the embassy arrange for the interview or can we reschedule?

I still don't know how to time my coming home because I just want it to be efficient. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you!

Hi everyone, I am currently in United States and our noa2 was April 17. I plan on going home and finish the k1 process once nvc has already transfered my case to the embassy in Jakarta.

My question is, do we have a time limit as to when to submit the k1 visa? And so you guys wait for the embassy to contact you or proactively contacting them in advance?

I still don't know how to time my coming home because I just want it to be efficient. Any info will be appreciated. Thank you!

Submit the application before the petition is going to expired. For US embassy in Jakarta, they will contacted your fiancé first, ask your information. After that, they will send you Packet 3 and after all your docs are ready ( medical exam, I-134, etc) then you can ask them to scheduled your interview (embassy scheduled the interview for the applicant).

If you ever lived in another countries more than 6 months, then you have to get police certificate from those places. Please, plan ahead to avoid delaying of your visa process.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

Submit the application before the petition is going to expired. For US embassy in Jakarta, they will contacted your fiancé first, ask your information. After that, they will send you Packet 3 and after all your docs are ready ( medical exam, I-134, etc) then you can ask them to scheduled your interview (embassy scheduled the interview for the applicant).

If you ever lived in another countries more than 6 months, then you have to get police certificate from those places. Please, plan ahead to avoid delaying of your visa process.

thank you for your info! so i guess it will be alright to go home after my fiance gets the email from them. i've only been here for two months or so and our petition was approved unexpectedly fast.

are you going for naturalization process? i guess they haven't passed the bill on dual citizenship in indonesia yet.

thank you for your info! so i guess it will be alright to go home after my fiance gets the email from them. i've only been here for two months or so and our petition was approved unexpectedly fast.

are you going for naturalization process? i guess they haven't passed the bill on dual citizenship in indonesia yet.

Before you are going back home, ask your fiancé to prepare I-134 and all supporting docs such as W-2, tax return, and any other-related documents. Don't forget also his letter intent of marry for updating.

Naturalization is still long way to go for me, lol. I am still waiting for my green card to get approved.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Before you are going back home, ask your fiancé to prepare I-134 and all supporting docs such as W-2, tax return, and any other-related documents. Don't forget also his letter intent of marry for updating.

Naturalization is still long way to go for me, lol. I am still waiting for my green card to get approved.

Noted, thanks a lot and I hope everything goes smooth for your green card!

Noted, thanks a lot and I hope everything goes smooth for your green card!

You are welcome and hope yours as smooth as well. Good luck!

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

1. No, there is no time limit. Our NOA2 expired before even reaching NVC (long story), but the embassy in Jakarta extended it 4 months automatically.

2. As Girl from Celebes said, the embassy schedules it after you let them know you have put together packet 3.

3. They are pretty prompt in replying to e-mails, so if you had to reschedule it, I don't think it would be too problematic, but you might be delayed a few more weeks.

Assuming all goes smoothly, the embassy in Jakarta will probably be getting your petition in mid-May. Also, when my fiancee's interview was scheduled 6 weeks after telling the embassy she had all her documents ready. Plan on your interview date being a month or more after you tell the embassy you have everything ready for the interview.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.