Adelaid3

quick question about montreal fees

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have my interview coming up this coming tuesday, I was wondering if anyone who went to the montreal consulate (for ir-1/cr-1 visa) had to pay any extra fees? I know they have to fingerprint, does that cost around 90 dollars?

edit: also, is it cash only?

Edited by Adelaid3

Timeline

I have my interview coming up this coming tuesday, I was wondering if anyone who went to the montreal consulate (for ir-1/cr-1 visa) had to pay any extra fees? I know they have to fingerprint, does that cost around 90 dollars?

My interview is next week! Wee so exciting!

My understanding is that for CR1/IR visas, the fees were already paid for throughout the I-130/ IV process. I have heard that there is a photocopying fee if you need to make a copy of a document (something like $1/page! Make sure you have all the copies you need before you get there!) But otherwise, my undersanding is that you shouldn't have to make a payment at the consulate.

Please correct me if i am wrong!

Good luck!!

For IR-CR-1 visas, there are NO fees at the interview :) Fingerprints are free.

Timeline

My interview is next week! Wee so exciting!

My understanding is that for CR1/IR visas, the fees were already paid for throughout the I-130/ IV process. I have heard that there is a photocopying fee if you need to make a copy of a document (something like $1/page! Make sure you have all the copies you need before you get there!) But otherwise, my undersanding is that you shouldn't have to make a payment at the consulate.

Please correct me if i am wrong!

Good luck!!

For IR-CR-1 visas, there are NO fees at the interview :) Fingerprints are free.

oh that is GREAT news! Thanks a bunch :) I've read up on your guides too Saylin, they are very helpful..

good luck on your interview next week Sparkles. I am very nervous!

I have copies of everything... except I only brought an original of my co-sponsor's tax form for this year. Maybe I should make a copy just in case :unsure:

oh that is GREAT news! Thanks a bunch :) I've read up on your guides too Saylin, they are very helpful..

good luck on your interview next week Sparkles. I am very nervous!

I have copies of everything... except I only brought an original of my co-sponsor's tax form for this year. Maybe I should make a copy just in case :unsure:

You're welcome :)

And definitely make a photocopy of that if you don't have one already. Always better to have more than needed than not enough.

Timeline

Okay an he's approved, but I want to update you on something that was different than saylins instructions. When getting out the elevator, there is a desk straight ahead (instead of turning left and following saylins red arrows) and that is where you get your number.

Also, he had an ir1 interview and there were two sets of fingerprints taken. No fees at all.

My interview on the 4th of may, (k1 visa) and my Fiancè want to know if we will have to pay extras too?

Thank you! (Lots of nervousness too) ?

Joyce

Okay an he's approved, but I want to update you on something that was different than saylins instructions. When getting out the elevator, there is a desk straight ahead (instead of turning left and following saylins red arrows) and that is where you get your number.

Also, he had an ir1 interview and there were two sets of fingerprints taken. No fees at all.

I remember at mine, the desk directly in front of the elevator when you get out was where the secretary sat and after the first few bunches of people came up, she'd then direct them as they came up one by one. So, you get your number there now and don't even go to those other windows?

Was there an issue with his first set of fingerprints, prompting the second set?

My interview on the 4th of may, (k1 visa) and my Fiancè want to know if we will have to pay extras too?

Thank you! (Lots of nervousness too) ?

Joyce

K1 visa applicants are different, where I do believe there is a fee. Check your interview letter for more information.

Timeline

I remember at mine, the desk directly in front of the elevator when you get out was where the secretary sat and after the first few bunches of people came up, she'd then direct them as they came up one by one. So, you get your number there now and don't even go to those other windows?

Was there an issue with his first set of fingerprints, prompting the second set?

That is correct. went left out the elevator and they corrected to go straight to the desk and lost first spot in line because of it and got "applicant * " number from the desk with the secretary and then went to sit. They never directed anyone to follow the "red arrows" or go to that window.

There seemed to be no problem with fingerprints. Two different people, two different windows. The first set was both hands and both thumbs. The second set seemed to go with reading the oath and was only the right hand fingers.

May I say, Saylin, you have done a fabulous job preparing all of us for circumstances and the interview. It was all so helpful! Thank you!!!

Edited by 2 canucks

That is correct. went left out the elevator and they corrected to go straight to the desk and lost first spot in line because of it and got "applicant * " number from the desk with the secretary and then went to sit. They never directed anyone to follow the "red arrows" or go to that window.

There seemed to be no problem with fingerprints. Two different people, two different windows. The first set was both hands and both thumbs. The second set seemed to go with reading the oath and was only the right hand fingers.

May I say, Saylin, you have done a fabulous job preparing all of us for circumstances and the interview. It was all so helpful! Thank you!!!

Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can update my stuff with that information. Sorry about you losing your spot because of it :(

Weird about the fingerprints. I never had to re-do mine at the interview window (heck, I never even took an oath, either, haha). Although, I did have to re-do them after the interview portion because my fingerprints didn't take the first time (my fingerprints suuuuuck).

Oh and can I also add... There is a brand new Starbucks Cafe (not even in Google yet) directly across the street on Rene Levesque.

Oh wow! There was a Tim Hortons a couple streets over, but right across the street is much closer!

Timeline

Thanks for the info! I'll see if I can update my stuff with that information. Sorry about you losing your spot because of it :(

Weird about the fingerprints. I never had to re-do mine at the interview window (heck, I never even took an oath, either, haha). Although, I did have to re-do them after the interview portion because my fingerprints didn't take the first time (my fingerprints suuuuuck).

Oh wow! There was a Tim Hortons a couple streets over, but right across the street is much closer!

No worries, it was only one spot. ;) We were trying to see how close the Tims was in comparison, but having a Starbucks across the street was just too easy. Although it costs an extra dollar or so, it was quick and simple. Because it's literally on the opposite corner, you have a good view of the lineup spot.

No worries, it was only one spot. ;) We were trying to see how close the Tims was in comparison, but having a Starbucks across the street was just too easy. Although it costs an extra dollar or so, it was quick and simple. Because it's literally on the opposite corner, you have a good view of the lineup spot.

Phew, glad it was just one spot and not like 10 or something, haha.

And yeah, if I remember, the Timmies isn't that far, just a few streets away. I'd probably still go to Timmies over Starbucks, just cause I looooove their donuts. I sadly didn't have time to grab one while I was in Montreal earlier this month, boo :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.