5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

My wife is in the US on a K-1 visa and we are ready to complete the Adjustment of Status. However, we are planning to move to a new address in about 1 month. Any recommendations on whether we should file now and change our address while the application is pending, or if we should wait until we move (or at least know our new address)? Any advice appreciated, thanks!

When you move make sure the immigrant file AR-11 online at uscis.gov and you fill out and mail in I-865.

Personally, I'd wait until in the new place to file but up to you which way to go.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I agree. I would wait too. If you wait, no need to worry about filing the change of address forms and if they are sending your important notifications and cards to the correct address. Just wait and file with the new address.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Thanks to both of you for the input. Has anyone here done the change of address as a K1? I just wonder because it seems very straightforward, and can apparently be done online, though I suspect it's not as simple as it seems.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You don't really need to put in the address change if you are going to send your AOS soon. Just use the new address on the AOS forms. You can always do the online form before filing though. It should be very easy and simple, since you would not have a case pending at the moment.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.