Jump to content

Should children of USC seek to acquire permanent residence within one year to avail of the CSPA?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Visas are always available for immediate relatives such as children of US Citizens (IR2), right? so do they need to seek to acquire? I am in a sticky situation right now. I am waiting for my visa appointment schedule. I am 21 years and 2 months old. Apparently, I did not seek to acquire :(

PD: January 27, 2014

Submitted DS-260: January 31, 2015

In the USCIS website, under the general eligibility criteria seeking to acquire is one of the criteria but on other websites and immigration attorneys pages they aid there's no need for IRs to seek to acquire. Please help. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean with "seeking to acquire"?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop confusing yourself.

Hello I'm really sorry if I'm asking too many questions and confusing myself apparently it's just that I want to be sure and I don't want to get my hopes up and then end up disappointed. This whole seek to acquire provision has really bothered me. Can u please shed some light? Thank you once again. You've been very helpful :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

To take your post literally, you are already seeking to acquire a visa that's why you submitted and paid everything during the NVC process. Final step is the embassy interview which is just around the corner.

The "within one year" part is from the first contact with NVC which you complied so really there's no issue. CSPA protects you because your dad filed your i130 when you were 19 and he's already a US citizen that time.

Edited by apple21

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.