laith79

Do i need attorney?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Me and my wife did my N400 interview on April 1st .. i passed the test and then the io start reviewing the N400 with me .. I answered No to the question ( have you ever been arrested or a cited by any low enforcement ) actually i have a traffic tickets but I answered no in the app because i didn't notice the ACITED so i told the io No I don't arrest before but i have a regular traffic tickets .. She said fine and she say's congratulation U passed the test ,, and she handled me N14 form and she asked me to provide her a police arrested report and court disposition report ,, i went to the court and get back to her with all the documents she asked about in the same day and i gave it to her by hand .. Now my wife stats get updated to outh on April 13 and mine still the same !!

The fact is they don't like NO answer when they ask you confirm under oath, the answer should be YES for that cited/detained question. Nothing you can do but to be patient.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

No, you do not need an attorney. You just need to wait and see how things go and then and only then, if necessary, make any decisions based on what the USCIS does.

Best of luck!

Timeline

Thank u so much guys for the reply,, my wife's stats is wait in line for oath since 04/13/15 is that maybe mean they want to finishour apps together ??

Thank u so much guys for the reply,, my wife's stats is wait in line for oath since 04/13/15 is that maybe mean they want to finishour apps together ??

Not necessary. Just wait and hopefully you will be on the same oath with your wife.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

You mean they are delaying my wife to let us do the oath together ??

By the way my wife's status is Waiting in line for Oath ceremony since 04/13/15 ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You mean they are delaying my wife to let us do the oath together ??

By the way my wife's status is Waiting in line for Oath ceremony since 04/13/15 ?

Your wife's application has nothing to do with your application.

They will not delay it unless she specifically asked them to delay it at her interview.

She will be scheduled for the next available oath ceremony; sometimes it takes a few weeks or even a few months in some cities.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

I got this update today !!!

On April 23, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, Receipt Number NBC********** Our Chicago Field Office office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by June 22, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview

By the way ,, i gave the IO the evidence in the same day !!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What is that mean ??

And really it may take another 60 days ??

it means they have started reviewing the evidence you gave them and they can take up to 60 days to send you a decision.

If you don't get a decision in 60 days, you should contact them.

You will probably get a response long before then, but if not, you shouldn't panic because they have already told you it might take 2 months.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.