Sailor Dave

Questions regarding a new I-129F Packet and Service Center.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi !!!

I've completed and compiled all the I-129F forms and all evidence, paperwork, photos, etc. required and feel ready to send it out....

But before I do...

My question is .... It's a very thick packet full of evidence of contacts, meeting, photos, etc. and according to the Guide, I'm thinking it says at this point in time I do not need include the I-134 along with IRS income, official signed bank statements and letters from employer.

But as I read that all other forms and evidence Is now to be included with this first mailing and the I-134 forms and paperwork should be sent out separately to my fiancee' and NOT the service Center??

Am I reading this correctly or do I send out everything I've got in this one packet? I really want everything to be perfect as required!

Also, do we have a choice on which service Center to send to? I see that the waiting list times really differ. I was going to send an overnight express to the Express Mail drop address in Lewiston, Tx. But maybe there is a better alternative? I live in Arizona....

Thank you to anyone who can help. At this point, we're feeling the pressure of time..

Sailor Dave

The I-134 and additional financial evidence does not get included in your I-129F petition package. These items you should send to your foreign fiancé when their interview approaches - they will present them to the consulate during the interview.

Your I-129F package should include

your electronic notification form G-1145 if you're using one

check to the USCIS

a cover letter

I-129F

G-325A (one for petitioner and one for beneficiary)

passport photo for petitioner and beneficiary

signed letter of intent from both the petitioner and beneficiary

proof of your American citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport)

evidence of meeting within 2 years

any additional relationship evidence you'd like to send

any additional other evidence needed like name changes or divorce certificates etc

it is usually advisable to send a copy of this entire packet to your foreign fiancé for their own record keeping and if they should require it during their interview.

Send your I-129F package to the address listed on this website

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Be advised that this is just a lockbox processing facility and not your actual service center. You do not get to choose a service center. One will be assigned to you.

But I'm happy to tell you that all recently filed I-129F's will be routed to the California Service Center, so you should find yourself processed within a few months time.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline

The I-134 and additional financial evidence does not get included in your I-129F petition package. These items you should send to your foreign fiancé when their interview approaches - they will present them to the consulate during the interview.

Your I-129F package should include

your electronic notification form G-1145 if you're using one

check to the USCIS

a cover letter

I-129F

G-325A (one for petitioner and one for beneficiary)

passport photo for petitioner and beneficiary

signed letter of intent from both the petitioner and beneficiary

proof of your American citizenship (copy of birth certificate or passport)

evidence of meeting within 2 years

any additional relationship evidence you'd like to send

any additional other evidence needed like name changes or divorce certificates etc

it is usually advisable to send a copy of this entire packet to your foreign fiancé for their own record keeping and if they should require it during their interview.

Send your I-129F package to the address listed on this website

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

Be advised that this is just a lockbox processing facility and not your actual service center. You do not get to choose a service center. One will be assigned to you.

But I'm happy to tell you that all recently filed I-129F's will be routed to the California Service Center, so you should find yourself processed within a few months time.

Timeline

Dear Yuna628, Thank you so much for your quick reply!

You have answered my questions exactly as I would have hoped:-)

One further question, if you please...

Wouldn't it be best for me to put all paperwork documents, photos that are specifically related into one specific envelope for each form category? This would "itemize" all docs and paperwork, photos ,etc. as I would do if I was filing all this away into a file cabinet ! Then it would be most efficient for the person(s) opening the packet can easily see if all docs are there and signed... or not there..

Is this how most petitioners send the packet? or not?

Dear Yuna628, Thank you so much for your quick reply!

You have answered my questions exactly as I would have hoped:-)

One further question, if you please...

Wouldn't it be best for me to put all paperwork documents, photos that are specifically related into one specific envelope for each form category? This would "itemize" all docs and paperwork, photos ,etc. as I would do if I was filing all this away into a file cabinet ! Then it would be most efficient for the person(s) opening the packet can easily see if all docs are there and signed... or not there..

Is this how most petitioners send the packet? or not?

Unfortunately how we think it should be all neat and organized isn't always the best way. I'm sure plenty of people sort it all out into various folders, however they will pretty much tear the whole thing apart. We just stacked everything neatly in order according to our cover letter, paper clipped various stacks and sections, made sure to put the G-1145 on top like the instructions said, and used large paper clamp/clips to keep it all neatly in place. We did put the photos we sent in a plastic sleeve, and the passport photos in an individual labeled baggie clipped to their respective G-325A. Their recommendations are here: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

Timeline

Unfortunately how we think it should be all neat and organized isn't always the best way. I'm sure plenty of people sort it all out into various folders, however they will pretty much tear the whole thing apart. We just stacked everything neatly in order according to our cover letter, paper clipped various stacks and sections, made sure to put the G-1145 on top like the instructions said, and used large paper clamp/clips to keep it all neatly in place. We did put the photos we sent in a plastic sleeve, and the passport photos in an individual labeled baggie clipped to their respective G-325A. Their recommendations are here: http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

Yuna628,

That's pretty much a good compromise, from what you describe...

I'm quite satisfied with that :thumbs:

Thank you again for all your help. I'm putting it all together with clips and plastic bags where necessary and let them rip! haha

btw... My sister lives in Owings Mills (possibly near you?)

My father born, grew up in Leeds. Loads of cousins in north London and in Glasgow;-)

.. Regards,

David & Larisa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yuna628,

That's pretty much a good compromise, from what you describe...

I'm quite satisfied with that :thumbs:

Thank you again for all your help. I'm putting it all together with clips and plastic bags where necessary and let them rip! haha

btw... My sister lives in Owings Mills (possibly near you?)

My father born, grew up in Leeds. Loads of cousins in north London and in Glasgow;-)

.. Regards,

David & Larisa

Small world, isn't it? ;) I grew up in Baltimore, but I'm certainly familiar with Owings Mills, as my grandparents lived there. These days, I left the city and moved over onto the eastern shore, but when he is here we may return to the area. My fiancé is from North-East England I suppose an hour or two away from Leeds?

Timeline

Small world, isn't it? ;) I grew up in Baltimore, but I'm certainly familiar with Owings Mills, as my grandparents lived there. These days, I left the city and moved over onto the eastern shore, but when he is here we may return to the area. My fiancé is from North-East England I suppose an hour or two away from Leeds?

I love driving the beautiful winding roads of the area...and horses behind the long white fences.

Yes... Leeds is in Yorkshire. I've always been welcome to stay with family when I visit the U.K. :-)

And that's not all..

My Uncle, by marriage was from Newcastle and..

My mother's father... my grandfather, my namesake, was born and grew up in Hull, ....in the Northeast of England.. and also emigrated to

to America:-))

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.