GuruSikh

AOS & IV Package Double Check

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ,

I have my AOS and IV packages ready, but want to double check before I mail them tomorrow. I had a few questions I wanted to ask so I don't make any mistakes and fix them before I mail the packages.

Even though I make more than enough to clear the poverty rule, my father who is also an US citizen, will be my only joint sponsor.

***I wrote my case number on all papers except the bar coded cover sheet**

AOS:

- Cover Letter (Table of Contents)

- Bar Coded Cover Sheet from payment portal

My Information:

- My I-864 Form Affidavit of Support (printed and signed after printing)

- Employment Letter

- My Tax Doc.

- 2014 Tax Return Transcript

- 2014 Wage & Income Transcript (W-2)

- Copy of my US passport

- 2 Passport Size Photos (2" x 2") with Full Name, DOB, and Case Number on the back of the photo

- Proof of Marriage

-Photocopy of Marriage Certificate

-Photocopy of Marriage Registry Certificate

Joint Sponsor (My Father):

- Father's I-864 Form Affidavit of Support (printed and signed after printing)

- Photocopy of Father's US Citizenship Certificate

- Father's Tax Docs:

-2014 Tax Return Transcript

-2014 Wage & Income Transcript (W-2)

IV:

Cover Letter

Bar-Coded Cover Sheet from payment portal

Wife's Information:

-2 Passport Size photos (2" x 2") Full Name, DOB, Case Number on the back of the photo

-Photocopy of my wife's passport (main page with photo, page with police clearance stamp, and last page of Indian Passport)

-Photocopy of my wife's Birth Certificate

-Photocopy of my wife's Police Clearance Certificate

-Proof of Marriage

-Photocopy of Marriage Certificate

-Photocopy of Marriage Registry Certificate

Thank you

-Guru Sikh

Timeline

*** Questions ****

Q1. I was getting my Tax Doc. from IRS Online, I noticed there are 4 different forms (1.Tax Return Transcript, 2.Wage & Income Transcript, 3. Tax Account Transcript, 4. Record of Account Transcript.)

-I need to include only the Tax Return and W-2 (Wage & Income) right?

Q2. In the I-864 Form, everyone advises not to leave anything blank, but instead type "n/a" Some parts in the form, you are not to allow type that.

-Is it ok to print the form and then write by ink "n/a" where it needs to be written on the form?

Q3. Part 3 of I-864 Form (Affidavit of Support) Im bringing only my wife

-Do I need to fill it in? I don't think I need to, but correct me if Im wrong

Q4. Part 6 of I-864 Form (Affidavit of Support) My Father is the only joint sponsor, but my father and mother has always filled their taxes as "Married with Jointly"

-Do I need to include my mother's income? Because I have to fill out another form for that. My father makes more than enough money, plus he says I only need to include his income because that is enough and they mainly look at your tax return and w-2.

Q5. About my Employment Letter. Since I work in my father's business and manage it, it makes me his employee also.

-Is it ok for my father to type an employment letter for me and sign it?

Q6. My wife's original birth certificate has only her First name, not last name. When she got her passport made, she had to post an ad in the newspaper about the mistake and had to give our original passport and photocopy of the newspaper ad clipping.

-Should I write on a paper explaining the that mistake? I will include the original birth certificate + newspaper ad clipping (photocopy)

Thank you

-GuruSikh

It looks good. There are a couple of things you did not need to include. You do not need a copy of your passport ,only a copy of your wife passport is needed. Also if you are using tax transcripts you do not need to include w-2s. You only need copies of w,2s, if you are sending in copies of the tax return form

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Don't forget to include the cover sheet from the welcome letter with the checklist of items as that is specifically in the directions. Be sure to put the items in thoe order requested on that cover sheet as it specifcally says to do that as well.

Do not include extra information. Why are you including your W-2, passport, your pics, and a copy of the marriage certificate in the AOS part?

If you make enough for the AOS, I would not complicate things with another sponsor. However, it is up to you what you do.

Put your items in this order....

order.tiff

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

*** Questions ****

Q1. I was getting my Tax Doc. from IRS Online, I noticed there are 4 different forms (1.Tax Return Transcript, 2.Wage & Income Transcript, 3. Tax Account Transcript, 4. Record of Account Transcript.)

-I need to include only the Tax Return and W-2 (Wage & Income) right? You only need the tax return transcript

Q2. In the I-864 Form, everyone advises not to leave anything blank, but instead type "n/a" Some parts in the form, you are not to allow type that.

-Is it ok to print the form and then write by ink "n/a" where it needs to be written on the form? Do not leave any blanks...write in n/a as necessary

Q3. Part 3 of I-864 Form (Affidavit of Support) Im bringing only my wife

-Do I need to fill it in? I don't think I need to, but correct me if Im wrong I do not know. I did the 864EZ.

Q4. Part 6 of I-864 Form (Affidavit of Support) My Father is the only joint sponsor, but my father and mother has always filled their taxes as "Married with Jointly"

-Do I need to include my mother's income? Because I have to fill out another form for that. My father makes more than enough money, plus he says I only need to include his income because that is enough and they mainly look at your tax return and w-2. I do not know.

Q5. About my Employment Letter. Since I work in my father's business and manage it, it makes me his employee also.

-Is it ok for my father to type an employment letter for me and sign it? It is the truth, so what would be the problem?

Q6. My wife's original birth certificate has only her First name, not last name. When she got her passport made, she had to post an ad in the newspaper about the mistake and had to give our original passport and photocopy of the newspaper ad clipping.

-Should I write on a paper explaining the that mistake? I will include the original birth certificate + newspaper ad clipping (photocopy) If you feel the situation needs an explanation, I would include a letter explaining it.

Thank you

-GuruSikh

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

correct me if i'm wrong, if you're gonna use your dad as a joint sponsor, shouldn't he be filing the I-864A instead? http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864a.pdf

Dec-2013: Got married

USCIS

18-Sep-2014: Sent I-130 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

23-Sep-2014: Received NOA1 - routed to Nebraska SC

09-Mar-2015: Received RFE (Marriage Cert)

16-Mar-2015: Sent RFE to NSC

17-Mar-2015: NSC Received Docs for RFE

24-Mar-2015: Received NOA2 - Online notification

31-Mar-2015: Received NOA2 - by mail

06-Apr-2015: NVC Received case from USCIS

NVC

15-Apr-2015: Got assigned NVC Case #, IIN #

20-Apr-2015: Submitted DS-261

21-Apr-2015: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill

22-Apr-2015: Paid AOS Bill

24-Apr-2015: AOS Payment processed

29-Apr-2015: NVC updated our account that the petitioner is the agent

06-May-2015: Received IV Fee Invoice

21-May-2015: Sent IV Fee via mail with a cashier's check (Online payment was down)

27-May-2015: Sent Civil & Financial documents to NVC

01-Jun-2015: NVC Cashed the check

08-Jun-2015: NVC Received the documents sent on 5/27

09-Oct-2015: Received RFE for Police Certificate, but n/a for Indonesia. Put on Supervisor's list

17-Nov-2015: Case Complete at NVC

US Embassy

16-Dec-2015: Medical Checkup, ready in 3 days

06-Jan-2016: Interview Date - Approved!

13-Jan-2016: Passport & Visa in hand

xx-xxx-2016: POE (TBD)

Timeline

It looks good. There are a couple of things you did not need to include. You do not need a copy of your passport ,only a copy of your wife passport is needed. Also if you are using tax transcripts you do not need to include w-2s. You only need copies of w,2s, if you are sending in copies of the tax return form

Thank you

Timeline

Don't forget to include the cover sheet from the welcome letter with the checklist of items as that is specifically in the directions. Be sure to put the items in thoe order requested on that cover sheet as it specifcally says to do that as well.

Do not include extra information. Why are you including your W-2, passport, your pics, and a copy of the marriage certificate in the AOS part?

Thank you for the advice

I included some of the information because I thought it would better because they are going in separate envelopes. If it is better not to include it, I will remove. As for the W-2, I included that because it was in the welcome letter checklist.

Timeline

correct me if i'm wrong, if you're gonna use your dad as a joint sponsor, shouldn't he be filing the I-864A instead? http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864a.pdf

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process#Step_6_-_Gather_AOS_Package

"The I-864A is used for household members of sponsors. Typically, the only time I recommend using the I-864A is for spouses of joint sponsors who are deciding to contribute their income as well. So, in these cases, the petitioner would file an I-864, the main joint sponsor would file an I-864 as well, and then the joint sponsor's spouse would file an I-864A."

Thank you for the advice

I included some of the information because I thought it would better because they are going in separate envelopes. If it is better not to include it, I will remove. As for the W-2, I included that because it was in the welcome letter checklist.

Please read the directions for your AOS package. You do not need to send w-2's if you send a tax transcript.

Do NOT send the package in two envelopes, The directions specifically say ONE package. I bound my entire package together by two-hole punching the top and then using an ACCO binder.

You have the general idea of what needs to be done...however, I would carefully read through the instructions. You seem to be missing many of the details of preparing a package. I am of the mind that if they give directions, then you should follow them...no matter how minute.

Please look at this website.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

In the end, I am sure whatever you decide to do will be right for you.

Timeline

Please read the directions for your AOS package. You do not need to send w-2's if you send a tax transcript.

Do NOT send the package in two envelopes, The directions specifically say ONE package. I bound my entire package together by two-hole punching the top and then using an ACCO binder.

You have the general idea of what needs to be done...however, I would carefully read through the instructions. You seem to be missing many of the details of preparing a package. I am of the mind that if they give directions, then you should follow them...no matter how minute.

Please look at this website.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents.html

In the end, I am sure whatever you decide to do will be right for you.

Just want to make it clear,

I would place the "Document Cover Sheet" (one from welcome letter) on Top & rest of the documents come afterwards?

As for AOS & IV cover letters I would type up myself , that come under the AOS & IV payment portal cover sheets?

Edited by GuruSikh

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you did a great job, maybe a little too good.

Just do not understand complicating the AOS, with a co-sponsor, when you say you make enough money.,..,.,just wondering.

Good luck and a speedy approval.

Just want to make it clear,

I would place the "Document Cover Sheet" (one from welcome letter) on Top & rest of the documents come afterwards?

As for AOS & IV cover letters I would type up myself , that come under the AOS & IV payment portal cover sheets?

Sounds great! I just used one portal cover sheet and one cover letter. But your plan sounds good, too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.