johnson1985

Change of address after submitting DS260

6 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear

I've sent all my support documents necessary for my case sponsoring my husband. Unfortunately, i recently have to move to new place. This is what i never expect and don't want to. It takes 60 days for NVC processing my case. I sent out all documents in the 6th April. I just wonder it'll be better to require an adjustment while my case is still processing at NVC or should i wait till the interview to make any adjustment?

(This new address would be the one my husband receive green cards and social security number card. It's very important to us, Please help!!)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your husband can inform the consul about your change of US address on the day of his interview. You can no longer edit the ds260 at this point.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear

I've sent all my support documents necessary for my case sponsoring my husband. Unfortunately, i recently have to move to new place. This is what i never expect and don't want to. It takes 60 days for NVC processing my case. I sent out all documents in the 6th April. I just wonder it'll be better to require an adjustment while my case is still processing at NVC or should i wait till the interview to make any adjustment?

(This new address would be the one my husband receive green cards and social security number card. It's very important to us, Please help!!)

You can no longer change DS260 as rightly pointed out but you can e-mail NVC and update or alter the details inputted on the DS260. I just updated my address but am the beneficiary, i sent an e-mail and called over the phone as well and the rep updated it on the phone as she said E-mails are processed as they are received. I would advice to send and e-mail and call NVC as well, Also make sure to cross check at the interview day before approval that the address is correct, Petitioner address is very important as that is where NVC sends mail correspondences to. Good luck.

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I may also have another question concerning of sponsoring my parents. My parents and i were sponsored by my grandparents 5 years ago. My parents came with me to the U.S. My parents made so many trips back to my original country (Viet Nam), and they made one of the trips that lasted more than 6 months without applying for a reentry permit. They came back to the U.S with their medical documents showing that they had trouble with their health which made them staying more than 6 months and not coming back the U.S sooner. The officer at the border still let them in but with warning that they may not make the second time like this. Unfortunately, they had trouble with life in the U.S. again, and they wanted to come back to my original country (VN) for a short time (less than 6 months), however, finally they came back VN without return to the U.S. on time. Thus, they may lose their eligibility as permanent resident already even though they still keep their green card which has not yet expired.

My question is that Could I sponsor them again after i get citizenship certificate? and of course i could prove that i had a job with enough finance to take care of them in the U.S. because i hadn't had enough finance with my previous jobs to help them with finance.Thus, they may be well with my sponsor. Is that possible?

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.