Melow

USEM interview 3/17/15-K1 visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am not one to post on this site (although I have a few times), but I wanted to share my fiance's-he's the beneficiary (and my own) experience at the USEM. my fiance's interview was on March 17, 2015. We arrived at 6:45am-we stayed at bayview hotel across the street from the embassy the night before. At around 7am they started allowed k1 applicants through the LONG line. I went through the same door as my fiancé (and by the way I was never asked to see my US passport). He then proceeded to get a cue number and sat down for what seemed like hours (it was about 2 1/2) hours. Finally his number was called and he stood in line to be questioned by a filipino lady (she wasn't the consulate). He was asked to show original documents of his previous annulments and cenomar as well as my original divorce decree. I stood behind him and he was asked the questions in Tagalog. He was also asked to show pictures of both of us and my kids together (my kids met him in dec 2013). He was questioned for about 20 minutes and the lady behind the window was busy typing her notes the entire time. After that he proceeded to the oath taking. I was asked to sit down and wait for him. The. We lined up for the interview. The U.S. Consulate was a really nice guy. He greeted us and said good morning. He then directed his first question to my fiancé asking him, "what is 24+14+7?" Nervously my fiancé answered, "excuse me?" Then the consulate said, "I'm just joking. You look really nervous. You need to calm down." He then asked my fiancé how we met. The consul then directed the last 2 questions to me. He asked me what I did for a living and where did I work? I answered, the consul then proceeded to take his big stamper and stamped the file really hard, signed it and said "congratulations, you visa has been approved. You can go to step 5." My fiancé and I were in pure shock because from beginning to end the interview took 5 minutes. I looked at my fiancé and he had tears in his eyes.

Rewind 24-48 hours before the interview-we were both very nervous and on our drive to bayview hotel the day before there was pure silence in the car for the hour drive. We were more so nervous because my fiance's case was very complicated. He had 2 previous annulments in the past one to a Filipino citizen and another to an American naturalized citizen....and the last annulment was not processed in the correct manner (if you know what I mean). His second wife petitioned him but he was denied at his interview about 9 years ago. We ended up hiring a lawyer who did nothing but to cause us an rfe. When I found out my fiance's case was approved was the one who woke up at 350am every morning for 10 days to call NVC and obtain his MNL number. When his lawyer found out I completed his ds 160 without his knowledge (the lawyers knowledge) he told my fiancé I "violated the policy." I simply told my fiancé that had we waited for this lawyer to take action, he probably wouldn't have an interview until June because the lawyer was waiting for the official letter from the US Embassy-which by the way we have still yet to receive. So I went with my gut instinct and did everythin myself.

My fiancé and I have been together for over 2 years now. His visa was approved on March 17 and he will be arriving in Vegas on April 15. It has been a long and emotional ride. My petition was processed at CSC so I was under the impression that the process from beginning to end would take 3 months. It ended up taking 6 months--which is NOT bad at all but everyday for those 6 months seemed like forever. We even received an RFE. Maybe if not for that rfe it would've been completed faster.

I remember seeing other k1's with noa1's after ours approved at lightning speeds. I was so sad and very envious. But through the whole process my fiance's support and love never wavered. I will tell you that this process tests every emotion you have in yourself and it really does test your relationship. I remember the day before the interview when we were driving to bayview hotel I heard this song on the radio by Starship "nothing's gonna stop us now." I felt like it may have been a sign.

I'm glad that this part of our journey is over and we are both looking forward to spending everyday for the rest of our lives together. I promised I would never take for granted a day that we get to spend together. This process makes you do that. You really do cherish the time you get to spend together...before the visa is approved because the visits to see each other are few and far between. I was fortunate enough to see my fiancé every 6-8 months...I visited him though. It was very exhausting but I guess that's what you do when you love someone. You would do anything to be together. I read many sad stories on VJ about relationships that do not work out but I do also read about relationships that have a "happy ending." I was married once before and I am more aware now more than ever what I am looking for in a partner, fiancé and spouse. Many people say that my fiancé is lucky that he met me because he was given this great opportunity to come to the US. But I don't look at it that way. I am lucky to have him because he is such a kind hearted and awesome guy that has taught me the true meaning of love. We are lucky to have each other.

So thank you VJ and HANK for all your help. This website provided a lot of support for us-kinda like therapy.

Good luck to all going through the process!

Congrats on the Visa approval & his impending arrival!

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

What a heartfelt journey that you have experienced. Yes it was hard and you want to know what the hardest part is still ahead of you; to live everyday, the vows you are about to make. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. God bless the two of you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! :)

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing :)

710-23-2014 - K1 interview (Phils): Approved
10-31-2014 - K1 Visa received
01-20-2015 - POE
02-20-2015 - Marriage
03-20-2015 - AOS/EAD/AP Packet Submission (day 0) ** date I submitted ***
03-24-2015 - NOA1 received (day 4)
03-27-2015 - NOA1 hard copies received (day 7)
04-06-2015 - Biometrics letter hard copy received (day 17)
04-16-2015 - Biometrics Appointment (day 27)
05-01-2015 - USCIS changed to Interview is scheduled (day 42)
05-06-2015 - Hardcopy of interview notice received ( I-797 C, NOA) (day 46)
06-02-2015- Conditional GC got approved (day 82) 
06-08-2015- Hard copy of Welcome notice received via mail (day 88)
06-10-2015- Actual GC received via mail  (day 90)
ROC
4/06/17 - Sent package (day 0)
4/7/17 -  USCIS received package (day 1) NOA date
4/14/17 - check encashed (day 😎
4/15/17 - NOA 1 received (day 9)
4/22/17 - Biometrics notice date (day 16)
4/29/17 - Biometrics notice letter received (day 23)
5/9/17 - Biometrics done (day 33)
3/19/18 - Case approved
3/23/18 - Approval letter received
4/6/18 - Actual 10-yr GC received 
N400 (under 3-year rule)
4/27/18 - filed N400 online (Friday) (day 0)
4/27/18 - paid/payment received (day 0)
4/27/18 - NOA date
5/21/18 - Biometrics done
7/25/18 - Interview letter date
8/31/18 - Scheduled interview. Got approved!
9/20/18 - Naturalization ceremony in Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA

"Seasons of waiting are designed to prepare you, stretch your faith, and get you ready for everything that's coming next" - curiano quotes life

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.