14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Who is this woman? What were her views on Islam before she went to Iran, a country noted for its religious extremism, and had a horrible experience with a corrupt prison system? What experience did she have with the religion prior to that? Context would be good.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Timeline

I am hopeful people like you will listen more and help she and others like her to end the daily abuse they endure.

Published on Jun 20, 2012

This former Muslim cannot stand seeing pictures of herself in her passport when she was caged by Islam, the religion of peace, covered in her niqab. The sense of fear and oppression, common in Islamic nations, still remains with her although she now lives in a free country.

Filed: Other Timeline

WALKER: WE NEED A PRESIDENT WHO WILL TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM
Friday in Nashville, TN at the 2015 NRA annual meeting, Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) said that we needed a president who will take the fight against radical Islamic terrorism “to them, before they bring the fight to us.”
He began by supporting the Second Amendment.
“When the President is sworn in he takes an oath of office to preserve, to protect and to defend the Constitution of the United States,” he said. “Well Mr. President, last time I checked, the Second Amendment is part of the Constitution.”
On foreign policy, he added his biggest concern was “safety.”
“I call it safety,” Walker said. “National security is something you read about on page seven of the paper. Safety is something you feel right here. When I see that video of that Jordanian burned alive in a cage, when I see those Christians from Egypt and elsewhere that were beheaded, that’s something you feel. That’s something that concerns you not just about yourself, about your children, about your coworkers, about your neighbors. I’m afraid right now for my children’s generation and those to come, because we’ve got a president who draws a line in the sand and allows people to cross it. We’ve got a president who calls ISIS the JV squad. Yemen a success story. Iran is someone we can do business with. His former secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, that actually gave Russia a reset button. Think about that a reset button. I don’t know about all of you, but in America, where my children are going to grow up, I want a commander-in-chief who will look the American people in the eye and say radical Islamic terrorism is a threat and we are going to do something about it.”
He concluded, “We need a president who will be straight up with the America people and look them in the eye and tell them, it’s not a matter of if, it’s when they try another attack on America soil, and for the sake of your children and mine, I’m not going to wait. I’m going to take the fight to them before they bring the fight to us.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline