Ailyn n Dave

Wrong date on Fiance' Letter of Intent... What to do?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

short overview,

My ever so loving Fiance' Alyn, who lives in the Philippines, mistakenly input her birth date where she was suppose to input the date that she signed the Fiance' Letter of Intent to marry document I mailed to her. It was signed and mailed out to me 2/11/2015. It took a little over 6 weeks to get back to me in America. When I mailed the required forms Ailyn needed to sign and date, it took a little over 4 weeks to get to her.

Anyone out there had a similar problem like this?

What can I do???

What are my options???

Can she FAX me a newly signed and correctly dated form letter? Or is that not allowed?

Is there any work around to this or do we have to wait over another 6 weeks for a new form letter?

I was really hoping to send out the K-1 visa packet tomorrow but it is looking like I am not going to be able to do so.

Dave

- Trying to get K-1 visa ready to send out soon for Ailyn and I.

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well.... I say she should sign and date a new letter, scan it, and e-mail it to you to print out. While many on VJ argue for an "original" letter, no one in quite some time (more than a year ago) has reported getting a RFE for submitting a scanned letter instead. She can mail you an original copy just in case you get a RFE. That RFE would delay you less than the 6 weeks it would take to get the original letter. The other option would be to send it via FedEx or DHL. That's the costly choice though.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Hi! Based on our experience. I printed out a copy of my letter of intent, signed it, and scanned a copy and emailed it to my fiance (now husband) who then printed it out and thats what he submitted with our petition. Thats just us, though. Like you said it took a while for stuff to be sent and received. Not to mention its also not that cheap esp to send from Ph to the US. Everything went fine and smoothly with our petition. But if you want to be on the "safe" side, you can always ask your fiance from the Ph to send another letter of intent with the correct date.

Good luck :) keep us posted!

Well.... I say she should sign and date a new letter, scan it, and e-mail it to you to print out. While many on VJ argue for an "original" letter, no one in quite some time (more than a year ago) has reported getting a RFE for submitting a scanned letter instead. She can mail you an original copy just in case you get a RFE. That RFE would delay you less than the 6 weeks it would take to get the original letter. The other option would be to send it via FedEx or DHL. That's the costly choice though.

Just my 2 cents.

Completely agree with this.

Im definitely one of those IT MUST BE ORIGINAL people

But if you want to get her to email one to you with a new date, signed. Then do it and get her to mail a wet signature

JUST IN CASE

i have not seen an RFE for a wet signature in a long time, but you NEVER know!

So be safe.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm sorry, but how does this help the OP in any way? Besides being years old (2008?) about a memo written even earlier (2005), it is about the I-129f itself and G-325A, not the letter of intent.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Thank you all for you help. Got a new form today from Ailyn with correct and updated date. The original is on it's way, just in case. Our K-1 Visa packet is now complete. Will go through everything this weekend to make sure everything is good to go, Then make 2 IDENTICAL copies at my work Sunday night/Monday morning (work night shift) then mail out the original K-1 visa packet this Monday morning when I get home... YAY very excited... Next comes the waiting game...

Crossing my fingers everything goes through quickly and smoothly... We love each other and miss each other very much. I need Ailyn by my side...

Much thanks to you all,

Dave

- 04/21/2015 mailed 1-129F visa packet to Dallas Lock bock. will be there tomorrow.

Timeline

Thank you all for you help. Got a new form today from Ailyn with correct and updated date. The original is on it's way, just in case. Our K-1 Visa packet is now complete. Will go through everything this weekend to make sure everything is good to go, Then make 2 IDENTICAL copies at my work Sunday night/Monday morning (work night shift) then mail out the original K-1 visa packet this Monday morning when I get home... YAY very excited... Next comes the waiting game...

Crossing my fingers everything goes through quickly and smoothly... We love each other and miss each other very much. I need Ailyn by my side...

Much thanks to you all,

Dave

Good luck! Keep us posted :)

Timeline

You can send documents via LBC and they will get there 3-5 days. It will cost you $47. Ask me how i know.

Yes Ailyn told me about them and I looked them up. The nearest place to me is 1 hour a way plus the price... Will use them in the event of an emergency. How ever I "did not" know would only take 3 to 5 days. I like that idea. So I will consider them in the future if needed.

Thank you for your replay,

Dave

Good luck! Keep us posted :)

I will do that and thank you much :)

Dave

Timeline

Aileen can send to you future correspondednce through Philippine Postal Services using the REGISTERED MAIL and it will get to you in one week. I do this all the time in all my correspondence to the Philippines. Best Wishes!

Timeline

Yes got a txt message stating I had a package being delivered at my door tomorrow. AWESOME!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.