cheep-cheep

I-864 Returned PLEASE HELP URGENT!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I need help. My I-864 for my mom was recently sent back to me because I apparently put an incorrect amount/doesn't match on my total income on my tax. Below is the what they said on the letter

"Part 6 Items 13.a.1. The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent

Federal income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead".

My husband and I file tax jointly and I make well above the poverty guidelines, therefore, I do not need a co-sponsor. What I had put in the form was my own total income (W-2) for 2013 and it was returned. The part that I am confused is that do I have to put both of our total income which what was reflected in our income tax return? if so, does he need to sign a form? but per I-864 instructions I will only need that if my income doesn't meet the poverty limit for a household of 4. Please help. I went to see a lawyer to seek for an advice but I was told that it'll cost $500 for that which I feel is too much. I cannot afford anymore delays. I need my mom here soon. Any advice is will be appreciated.

Thank you All so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

did you send copies of your W2s and letter from employer or copies of paystubs to show your individual tax?

if you don't need his income then he doesn't need to file the i864A

Timeline

hi

did you send copies of your W2s and letter from employer or copies of paystubs to show your individual tax?

if you don't need his income then he doesn't need to file the i864A

Yes, I did. I even included our tax transcript for the last 3 years.

Part 6 13. a1 is your AGI if you filed jointly you should put the amount there copied directly from your tax return. For the recent income thats where yu put your new income if u have a new job etc with supporting documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi,

I need help. My I-864 for my mom was recently sent back to me because I apparently put an incorrect amount/doesn't match on my total income on my tax. Below is the what they said on the letter

"Part 6 Items 13.a.1. The income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent

Federal income tax return. If you filed Form 1040EZ, use the adjusted gross income instead".

My husband and I file tax jointly and I make well above the poverty guidelines, therefore, I do not need a co-sponsor. What I had put in the form was my own total income (W-2) for 2013 and it was returned. The part that I am confused is that do I have to put both of our total income which what was reflected in our income tax return? if so, does he need to sign a form? but per I-864 instructions I will only need that if my income doesn't meet the poverty limit for a household of 4. Please help. I went to see a lawyer to seek for an advice but I was told that it'll cost $500 for that which I feel is too much. I cannot afford anymore delays. I need my mom here soon. Any advice is will be appreciated.

Thank you All so much!

That section is about the Total Income amount, line 22 of your 1040, from your joint taxes. You do not put your individual income there. That is for the section specifically asking about your current individual annual income. Put the amount found on your joint taxes for Total Income. He signs nothing. You are simply entering your tax information there.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

That section is about the Total Income amount, line 22 of your 1040, from your joint taxes. You do not put your individual income there. That is for the section specifically asking about your current individual annual income. Put the amount found on your joint taxes for Total Income. He signs nothing. You are simply entering your tax information there.

Thank you so much! it was really confusing. Any idea how long it'll take after I sent the updated one to NVC?

Timeline

Part 6 13. a1 is your AGI if you filed jointly you should put the amount there copied directly from your tax return. For the recent income thats where yu put your new income if u have a new job etc with supporting documents.

Thank you! hopefully that'll fix the problem.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.