mikemccor82

Point me in the Right Direction I-864

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys,

Canadian Wife/US Husband living in canada.

Just got my letter in the mail that my wifes application has been approved and moved to the NVC in new hampshire.

I got a check list with what needs to go with the i-864 for the petitioner. I am having a family friend fill out the AOS to help us get in. I will forward all the information to them to make sure everything is in line.

There is another checklist there with supporting documents and such. Most of that I have already sent in with my I-130 package. Am I to send this information in again? I also see there is something for prison documents? Does my wife need to have a background check done? What about a medical examination? Will I find this out at the interview?

If anyone can answer this or link me to another thread with any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2012-04-23

I-130 Sent : 2014-07-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-07-24

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-03

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015/02/09

NOA2 Email Received: 2015/03/02

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2015/03/06

Case Sent from USCIS: 2015/03/11
NVC Received: 2015/03/17
Case # Assigned: 2015/03/24
DS-261 Completed: 2015/03/28
Paid AOS Fee: 2015/03/30
Sent in AOS and IV Package: 2015/04/01
Case Accepted for Expedite: 2015/05/05
Case Forwarded to Consulate: 2015/05/07
Completed DS-260: 2015/05/15
Interview Scheduled: 2015/05/20
Interview: 2015/07/15
event.png

event.png
event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes, you send what they ask for. Your wife needs a police clearance certificate, go to your consulate website for specifics. There is a guide at the top of the page, also. You need to fill out an I864 with supporting documents for you, as well. Even with a joint sponsor you are the petitioner and need to fill out affidavit of support

Edited by mimolicious

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.