rmassillon

Case Complete and Now Embassy Change. NO!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hoping to attract someone with this kind of experience.

Our case (Cr1) is complete as of 3/27 and was pending interview from the consulate in Montreal. However at the sametime, it has been 57 days since I've requested for a change of embassy from Montreal to Frankfurt, Germany via email. I was told by NVC that this request would not delay the process at all- As of now it is. (Honestly at this point, we were more than fine with having the interview in Canada- we were just hoping we would receive an interview before the email caught eyes)

We will be removed from the interview Que for Montreal and they will process the request and eventually add us into the pending intervew Que for Germany. My wife resides in Canada and planned to visit her home country for the interview. (Long story)

Anyone aware of how long this may potentially take? I've reached out to NVC and have related all this to a supervisor who could only respond with 'Timeframe unknown,' for every question I've asked. Notice was received just yesterday 4/6 about the processing of the email.

Thanks VJer's.

Most people don't do this as it does affect your time frame in the exact way that the NVC has stated. They honestly cannot tell you how long it will take because they have to assign a completely new case number then find out when Germany has an opening then book that interview for you. As you can see it took them almost 60 days to reply to an email.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Thanks NLR for your feedback.

I wish I had considered this before- seemed like the perfect idea at the time. I can't just imagine why and how it would take them much longer to assign a new case number...everything else is complete. We'll just have to wait patiently. Good news is our case was marked complete about 3 weeks after submitting our packets.

any documents you have may have your old case number. It takes them 20-30 days to assign one in the first place so I imagine just as long to change it.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

I've sent an email to my new embassy (changed one) that I (my case# blablabla) wish to change an embassy from X to Y and nvc told me that you (y) have to accept my case. Also have sent copy of my passport.

Few days after, I've called NVC and got new case#.

Maybe I,ve been just lucky...doesn't hurt to try.

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Timeline

Frips,

Thanks for the response. Did you ever receive a reply from the new Consulate? Did you send pretty much the same information you sent to NVC to the consulate requesting the consulate change? Just wondering if the email to the consulate would have any real impact on the case at NVC. At least now I have somewhat of a timeline according to yours- 2 weeks from 'review' email until you received a case number.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Nope, never received a reply from consulate. I've sent my name, case#, passport scan and reason why I wish to change...

N-400 Timeline
04/02/19 N-400 Submitted online
04/22/19 Biometrics
11/05/19 Interview (Approved)

ROC Timeline

Service Center: California

08/11/17 I-751 Packet delivered to USCIS

09/18/17 Biometrics Appointment

08/17/18 2nd extension letter (additional 6 months)

11/02/18 New card is being  produced (Approved)

NVC
11-04-2014 NVC case receive

05-20-2015 Visa received

10-06-2015 Time to kick back and let it fly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.