Dakine10

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cakes

93 posts in this topic

I do not. I was just responding to another poster's comment on biblical nonsense. Pretty much nothing in the bible makes sense as a measuring stick today, considering it was written by men who lived in completely different times thousands of years ago. I mean, fire was a rare treat back then, and sulphur and brimstone were seen as bad juju, right? Yet nowadays I can light up a farmer's match anytime I please, and it is good.

I don't think that homosexuality is any more significant than heterosexuality, personally. In the dark, we all look alike, and as long as it's between two consenting adults, where is the harm? Anyone who uses the bible or quran or whatever written word of someone who has been dead for hundreds or thousands of years to judge others today... well, that seems a tad silly, in my book. Those books are filled with some good advice (like loving thy neighbor, or treating "illegal aliens" like a native - which the bible did NOT say even 50 years ago, but it has been re-written to say that now), but they also contain the bigotry that existed at the time they were written, and when viewed today, it becomes more transparent that the writers of that time were simply trying to get people to believe THEIR way was the right way.

what?

eta: for the purists

Leviticus 19:33-34King James Version (KJV)

33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lordyour God.

Edited by val erie

what?

34 But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lordyour God.

Jesus:

Love thy neighbor.

Judge not, lest you be judged.

If you forgive others their transgressions, your Heavenly Father will forgive you.

But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your transgressions.

Edited by spookyturtle

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Jesus: Love thy neighbor.

Judge not, lest you be judged.

If you forgive others their transgressions,

sounds like you should start taking your door off, it's kind of important to jesus.

sounds like you should start taking your door off, it's kind of important to jesus.

You are quite correct, it is important and if I was a true follower and a good follower, I would take off my door. With Jesus, the door is open to everyone.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

You nailed it. My favorite is the OL' Baiting post mod action. Every post on this board (or most) are bait posts. Posted to get a reaction. That one always cracks me up.

Glad you been holding down the middle while I been hard at work.

Guess what car I sell the most of.. Prius. More than any other salesman by a long shot. I think it's because My moderate personality and deep social conscious shine thru

Lots of baiting topics and posts here. No matter what is being discussed, someone's enjoyment of the forum is being infringed upon.

You sell more Prius than Camry's and Corolla's? Well it's good that your pushing the green vehicles to help reverse global warming and promote alternative energy use. See, that could be seen as a baiting post by the tree huggers.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Hey, I'm doing MY part, too. Don't give him all the credit! I bought a Jetta TDI instead of a Prius that will leave all kinds of hazardous materials and toxic waste behind when it goes into its grave. And I get about the same mileage, plus my car will run a LOT longer than the Prii will.

Do I get a gold star by my name?

Lots of baiting topics and posts here. No matter what is being discussed, someone's enjoyment of the forum is being infringed upon.

You sell more Prius than Camry's and Corolla's? Well it's good that your pushing the green vehicles to help reverse global warming and promote alternative energy use. See, that could be seen as a baiting post by the tree huggers.

what?

Here a few good ones

Exodus 22:2

“If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

Proverbs 10:4

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.

Proverbs 12:27

The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

Here a few good ones

Exodus 22:2

“If a thief is caught breaking in at night and is struck a fatal blow, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed;

Proverbs 10:4

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.

Proverbs 12:27

The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

got nothing on this:

Deuteronomy 22:28-29New King James Version (NKJV)

28 “If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

So as long as a man pays a woman's father after he rapes her, all is well... are you good with that? Well, technically, all isn't exactly well, cuz he is forced to live with her forever, without divorce. A tad worse punishment than incarceration in a federal pen..... ;)

got nothing on this:

28 If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out, 29 then the man who lay with her shall give to the young womans father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

So as long as a man pays a woman's father after he rapes her, all is well... are you good with that? Well, technically, all isn't exactly well, cuz he is forced to live with her forever, without divorce. A tad worse punishment than incarceration in a federal pen..... ;)

How do we know which verses can be used for denying pizza and which ones to ignore. That's what I find confusing.

I noticed you preferred the even numbered verses and not the odd ones. Is that the system? Can I just pick and choose the ones that work for me?

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Again contextually the best solution.

It's weird to talk about the context change between 500 BC and 50 AD when the last book was written in 96 AD. In that context, the whole book has been obsolete for about 1500 years.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

How do we know which verses can be used for denying pizza and which ones to ignore. That's what I find confusing.

I noticed you preferred the even numbered verses and not the odd ones. Is that the system? Can I just pick and choose the ones that work for me?

You're getting there. Keep following that path and you shall find your way to the American Taliban.