miamiboy

USCIS requesting a copy of DS-2019

4 posts in this topic

Hello, i'm currently adjusting my status to permanent resident, and just got a RFE letter, requesting to submit a copy of DS-2019 Form (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status (J-1) issued for my J-1 visa back in 2006. It has been almost ten years since it was issued, (and by the way it got expired the same year it was issued -2006) so i don't have this form in hands, it was either lost or misplaced.

How do i get a duplicate? Is there any possibility of obtaining a copy? Who do i contact?

If mentioned form can not be found on records, how do i explain to USCIS that it can not be submitted? Will my i-485 application be denied?

Thanks

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, i'm currently adjusting my status to permanent resident, and just got a RFE letter, requesting to submit a copy of DS-2019 Form (Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status (J-1) issued for my J-1 visa back in 2006. It has been almost ten years since it was issued, (and by the way it got expired the same year it was issued -2006) so i don't have this form in hands, it was either lost or misplaced.

How do i get a duplicate? Is there any possibility of obtaining a copy? Who do i contact?

If mentioned form can not be found on records, how do i explain to USCIS that it can not be submitted? Will my i-485 application be denied?

Thanks

Try asking the sponsoring agency/school. They had to keep a record of you during the time, hopefully they didn't throw their files away.

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I needed to obtain copies of my ds 2019 as well and my employers copies of all my ds 2019s for 10 years. I imagine your school/ employer will have copies. If not,perhaps SEVIS has a copy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.