KASH2011

I-751 April 2015 Filers

889 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

First of all, congratulations to you and charmander. Must be such a relief.

I have heard nothing new yet since last week. Hopefully i'll have some good news to share with you guys soon. I've been doing a lot of reading and it appears childless marriages are subject to more scrutiny. Maybe that's the cause of delay in our case. It's really nerve-racking. But i think everything should be fine.

Thanks nipa! I hope you also hear something soon. Most of just wait this long merely because of inconsistencies between the adjudicators. Folders are sometimes forgotten under others until someone else asks the person what the status is for a particular case.

Right now, they are processing cases from May and June. You mentioned two dates before 4/22 and 5/7 before, which one was NOA letter date? It is important because until the official processing time passes your NOA date, you won't be able to seek help from the customer service (although exceptions are reported before). Last month's official date was 4/13, it will update in the next 10 days or so. My guess is the new date will show something from beginning of May. Keep following that USCIS processing time webpage at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do for Vermont Service Center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belize
Timeline

I have heard nothing new yet since last week. Hopefully i'll have some good news to share with you guys soon. I've been doing a lot of reading and it appears childless marriages are subject to more scrutiny. Maybe that's the cause of delay in our case. It's really nerve-racking. But i think everything should be fine.

We don't have a child yet, so I doubt that's what holding up your application. By next week your application will most definitely be outside normal processing time, so you can call and speak with a Tier 2 rep and even open a service request. Hang in there my friend

AOS from F1 visa
11/09/12, Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/13/12, Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/16/12, Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/16/12, I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/22/12, NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/11/12, Biometrics appointment (12/27) NOA received.
12/12/12, Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Varick Street Manhattan ASC.
12/18/12, Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/14/13, Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/22/13, EAD received.
03/24/13, Online status notification for interview April 30th.
04/30/13, Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. No decision, pending background check
07/10/13, Day 244 Approved (after a very long wait)

07/18/13 Green Card in hand

ROC

04//14/15 Mailed ROC package (I-751) to Vermont Service Center

05/08/15 Received receipt notice dated 04/16/15

03/22/16 Approved (after 11.5 months)

N400

05//24/16 Mailed N400 package USCIS (Dallas)

12/05/2017 Interview notice arrived

01/03/2017 Interview completed

03/03/2017 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Hey thanks man. I hope to hear soon. I dont even know where to find out the processing time updates lol. I have no idea about the N400 either but I already did my biometrics and the lady said it takes about 5-6 months for that.

Hey guys, official timeline updated, now anything filed before 5/11/15 is outside normal processing time. You two should contact USCIS immediately to learn why your cases are still left behind. Good luck!

Thanks charmander. I just called and was escalated to a tier 2 agent. She said it's true that my case is outside normal processing time but those times are just goals and that they may be actively working on my case. To be honest i was so let-down; I thought she would start an inquiry or something. She was just nonchalant with it and made it seem like i was crazy for even inquiring about the case. Anyway, i hope she at least makes a note on the file so that someone will look at it.

I guess i'm gonna have to make an info-pass and get an extension on my extension. Hopefully Gannicus has some better news.

Timeline

Thanks charmander. I just called and was escalated to a tier 2 agent. She said it's true that my case is outside normal processing time but those times are just goals and that they may be actively working on my case. To be honest i was so let-down; I thought she would start an inquiry or something. She was just nonchalant with it and made it seem like i was crazy for even inquiring about the case. Anyway, i hope she at least makes a note on the file so that someone will look at it.

I guess i'm gonna have to make an info-pass and get an extension on my extension. Hopefully Gannicus has some better news.

I am glad you called right away. Unfortunately that agent had no idea what she was talking about. "may be actively working" does not mean anything. All she had to do was to check her computer to see what it going on.

At this point definitely make an infopass appointment but also consider filing service request and congressional inquiry. Congressional inquiry would be the fastest, they have to respond such requests in 48 hours. Infopass/service inquiry will take little bit longer (1-2 weeks)

But also consider calling them again tomorrow, hopefully the next tier 2 agent will know what she/he is talking about. Ask more detailed questions like "is there anything in your power to check my status on a computer?", or "call the agent who is handling my case" etc.

I can't believe they are unwilling to help even the cases that are outside normal processing time.

Filing a service request online is impossible for me. My case is branded a CRI89 so selecting I-751 results in an error message. I'll call every couple of days to see what's going on. I really just hope someone will take a look at the case. At this point, i'll even take an RFE. ok maybe not lol

Timeline

Filing a service request online is impossible for me. My case is branded a CRI89 so selecting I-751 results in an error message. I'll call every couple of days to see what's going on. I really just hope someone will take a look at the case. At this point, i'll even take an RFE. ok maybe not lol

There are two receipt numbers. One for i-751 and the other for cri89 for everyone. The biometrics letter show both numbers. One should work. I never filed for service request myself but many people did. Someone else could share what to do.

I totally understand the frustration, honestly if in the beginning someone said my case could have been adjudicated immediately but I needed to take world's hardest stoke interview, i'd have accepted that to waiting 11 months right away.

Timeline

Looks like that call worked. I got a notice that my card has been ordered. Hopefully it wont be too long.

That's great news!!! Congratulations! You were probably approved at least 3-4 days ago but they seem to not show approvals online. When you get the actual approval letter check that date. That agent should have told you this on the phone yesterday!

Thanks Charmander for all your help. Can't forget nitehero and all the others that helped over the years.

i guess the lady from yesterday didnt look because she said N400s weren't adjudicated if there is an I751 pending and mine wasn't so no use filing now. I don't plan on naturalizing anyway so it doesn't bother me. From my experience, it usually takes 4 business days from card production to when i get it in hand so hopefully monday or tuesday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belize
Timeline

Looks like that call worked. I got a notice that my card has been ordered. Hopefully it wont be too long.

Wow, congratulations I happy for you. I'm glad the phone call produced results. Go out and celebrate

AOS from F1 visa
11/09/12, Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/13/12, Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/16/12, Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/16/12, I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/22/12, NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/11/12, Biometrics appointment (12/27) NOA received.
12/12/12, Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Varick Street Manhattan ASC.
12/18/12, Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/14/13, Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/22/13, EAD received.
03/24/13, Online status notification for interview April 30th.
04/30/13, Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. No decision, pending background check
07/10/13, Day 244 Approved (after a very long wait)

07/18/13 Green Card in hand

ROC

04//14/15 Mailed ROC package (I-751) to Vermont Service Center

05/08/15 Received receipt notice dated 04/16/15

03/22/16 Approved (after 11.5 months)

N400

05//24/16 Mailed N400 package USCIS (Dallas)

12/05/2017 Interview notice arrived

01/03/2017 Interview completed

03/03/2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congratulations.....long journey, but you finally reached...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats...finally!!

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

so update on mine. Its now been 12 months since my receipt date.

I called and spoke to a tier 2. She said based on their records, I applied for citizenship in February (I DID) and that means they will make a decision on both at the same time. Is that the way it works?

So i tell her my green card extension expires in two weeks and I need to continue to work plus this is keeping me back from getting some required licenses for said job because they need current work authrization docs. She says make an info pass appointment to get another extension, can I do that?

And then to top things off, there are NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE so what am I supposed to do now?

Someone told me I could call my congress rep and they can help so I may do that since I cant even get an appointment online.

Edited by Gannicus

Timeline

so update on mine. Its now been 12 months since my receipt date.

I called and spoke to a tier 2. She said based on their records, I applied for citizenship in February (I DID) and that means they will make a decision on both at the same time. Is that the way it works?

So i tell her my green card extension expires in two weeks and I need to continue to work plus this is keeping me back from getting some required licenses for said job because they need current work authrization docs. She says make an info pass appointment to get another extension, can I do that?

And then to top things off, there are NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE so what am I supposed to do now?

Someone told me I could call my congress rep and they can help so I may do that since I cant even get an appointment online.

Yes you will need to do infopass at your local office to get a new stamp on your passport. Keep checking the website for an available opening.

It is possible they may concurrently adjudicate both your ROC and N400 at an interview. I have read before they first conduct a I751 interview and if approved continue with the N400 interview but to do that your local office has to have your I751 folder in their hand.

Are you in line for N400 interview yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.