wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

I was very happy that I get to use the i864ez form instead because it is so much shorter. That form looked daunting lol

Yep the EZ version is much shorter if you are sponsoring your fiancé/husband all by yourself with no joint sponsor, and your income as shown on your last tax return and W2 is sufficient.

The long form covers so many varied situations like adding income from family members or the beneficiary, sponsoring other relatives like bringing over your parents, being a joint sponsor, having a new job and more money since your last tax return, or using assets. A lot of it can be left blank, but it is definitely more to read through if you don't qualify for the I-864EZ.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Where is the 184EZ form?

All forms are here on USCIS http://www.uscis.gov/forms Bookmark it.

Also bookmark my AOS list link I posted to you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Done and Done and yes the main form covers a lot and I know a lot of people end up RFE because they either leave something out they needed to send with that form or something they did incorrectly on the form. lol That's why I was happy that I met the income for the family of 3 deal cause I didn't want to have to include anything but my income stuff etc.. plus I had already gotten a letter from work with my salary and years of employment etc. just in case for the interview anyways so I'll have that too.

I have a question on the EZ form-so a. is already listed as 2 people due to it being yourself and the immigrant-however, do you mark spouse as a person even though that's the immigrant or do you leave that blank?

-Christopher (P/USC)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

• 11 SEPTEMBER 2017 (MONDAY) - FILE I-751 TO CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER

If it's the part I'm thinking of if they are counting already in the line above you don't count them again on the next one. You don't count anyone twice.

If it's the part I'm thinking of if they are counting already in the line above you don't count them again on the next one. You don't count anyone twice.

I'm an idiot. It even states that. :bonk:

-Christopher (P/USC)

I have a question on the EZ form-so a. is already listed as 2 people due to it being yourself and the immigrant-however, do you mark spouse as a person even though that's the immigrant or do you leave that blank?

Chris--when doing these forms always remember they are for all kinds of visas, sponsorships, etc. An example of why they would even have a spouse line to confuse you :P--

If you had a sister in the UK you were going to petition for next year, the sister would be the line 1 immigrant and Kas would be your spouse. Or if you decided to be the joint sponsor for JamesRenee, you would have to count the immigrant plus your spouse.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thanks, Nich-Nick! A true Godsend you are.

I can't believe Kas is going to be here a week from today! I'm anxious and excited. Cat on a hit tin roof would be accurate right about now.

-Christopher (P/USC)

I can't believe Kas is going to be here a week from today! I'm anxious and excited. Cat on a hit tin roof would be accurate right about now.

Believe me, your excitement jumps off the page like nobody else's. I get giddy reading your posts. :lol:

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Very happy for you guys! He'll be there before you know it and you start your life together proper! Good luck and wish you much happiness. :)

And Lee if you see this, I found a post from the London embassy about the afternoon appointments and how they all will be and no morning ones for May or June. Remember we discussed how for some reason they were in the afternoon...

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/specialrelationshipmagazine/?p=1883

Hey by the way for any of you that have been to the embassy recently. I know they recently changed the policy to allow you to take in a phone with you but what about a backpack? The video (from 2009) they have posted says no backpacks but well then twice in the video people are walking in and through the embassy with a backpack. I am just trying to figure it out since all of the appointments are in the afternoon now for the next couple of months he won't stay overnight so he'll have a backpack with him. I know he can store it at KingsCross Station for a small fee but if he doesn't have to then I won't. But that part is confusing because it says on the website no large ones that "Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages classed above cabin-size allowance are also not allowed within the Embassy grounds." And the pic says Luggage or large bags" But what does that mean?That if it is small enough they will let you in with it ? Just trying to figure this out because it's just a standard size backpack that he always carries with him on the plane etc... Anyone know or notice while there or who we could ask? TIA!

I'll ask Kas what he took in with him, but I'm pretty sure he had a backpack with him.

-Christopher (P/USC)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.