wbeem

Progress thread for TSC filers now between NVC and Interview Stage

1,685 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My daughter just turned 13 so she JUST makes the waiver for attending the interview. Age 14 and above need to be there.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Oxford Circus last time. I didn't pay much for it, but I used a healthy chunk of airmiles to pay the bulk of it. It was in a perfect location.

I have booked a hotel right near to Kings Cross for the afternoon I arrive so i can take my time in the morning as my interview is also at 1 pm. I read that they are doing them all in the afternoon now so that makes things easier for some and trickier for others. Neil might manage to go down early on the day and return same day, if he's brave. I'd worry too much about delays even if I had the choice and would prefer to stay the night before, so I'm doing just that. I couldn't get back the same day because the last train for Glasgow leaves at 4.30 pm and gets in too late for me to connect to get home, but I booked the overnight train that leaves at 11.20 pm and gets in the next morning, which makes things easier.

eBookers and Expedia had some good prices on the Radisson Blu. There are several and they are all easy access to the tube stations for connecting to Bond Street or Marble Arch to get to the Embassy. The Wesley looked quite nice and is near to Euston (I think). Not sure what station he is arriving at from Manchester, but I figured it saves me charging my Oyster card on arrival day, so at least I can just use it within the capped daily tariff on the day of the interview by not having to leave Kings Cross the day I arrive. Unless I decide to meet a friend for coffee, but that would be personal choice. I like to feel I have a say in these expenses, lol.

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

I would prefer him to get there the night before but I can bet he'll wan to go that day. lol He won't want to stay overnight . If it's at 2, what time will you get there? I mean how early?

Timeline

It's actually at 1 pm. I guess I will get there around 12.30. The morning interviews used to advise to be there 30 minutes early. I don't know, maybe even 12.15? They won't let you in more than 30 minutes ahead of your interview according to the website.

See I want to stay overnight because we have been out of our house for nearly 6 weeks, sleeping on the floor in the living room of my parents' apartment. The prospect of a bed is very appealing so I'm OK with the overnight.

Oh, I forgot to add a piece of news. I gave my notice at work this afternoon. They were very happy for me. I finish work on May 15th, the last working day before the interview. I suppose I need to start clearing and tidying the office I've occupied for the last 8 years :o

Lee & William

8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Filed: Timeline

So my fiancee just got an e-mail from ACRO about her police record. Apparently she needs fill out a sheet with an endorser. Can't be a partner or family member so I am assuming that rules me out. Does that mean it can just be a friend? I see they also require said an endorser meet a job requirement. She has a friend in London but I dont think housekeeping in a hotel falls under one of those jobs :( This is absolutely ridiculous...thankfully they are letting her go through with the medical tomorrow without the police certificate.

I-129F Sent: 08/27/2014

NOA1: 09/02/2014

NOA2: 04/02/2015

Received by NVC: 04/20/2015

NVC Case Number: 04/21/2015

Left NVC: 04/27/2015

Medical: 04/28/2015

Embassy Ready: 4/30/2015

Packet 3 Sent: 5/02/2015

Interview/Approved: 6/17/2015

Issued: 6/29/2015

Well was it to endorse her photo? We had to do that when to send it in unless you mean on top of That? He ended up having an engineer at work do it. There is a list on the application of qualifying jobs. It's like doctor engineer postal worker etc if that helps? But there is a list there if needed. At least they are letting her do the medical. Wheww

It's actually at 1 pm. I guess I will get there around 12.30. The morning interviews used to advise to be there 30 minutes early. I don't know, maybe even 12.15? They won't let you in more than 30 minutes ahead of your interview according to the website.

See I want to stay overnight because we have been out of our house for nearly 6 weeks, sleeping on the floor in the living room of my parents' apartment. The prospect of a bed is very appealing so I'm OK with the overnight.

Oh, I forgot to add a piece of news. I gave my notice at work this afternoon. They were very happy for me. I finish work on May 15th, the last working day before the interview. I suppose I need to start clearing and tidying the office I've occupied for the last 8 years :o

Ahh yes you'll be looking for a night a way and you can relax a bit hopefully. And I was thinking about that much early but some people get there so early and I always got confused to why which is why I asked. And congrats on turning in the notice. I know you'll miss some there but on to a new life. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm not sure if you ladies have started or not- but being a group that likes to do things ahead of time to prepare....I've started filling out our AOS forms (what information I can) and this is more daunting than the I-129F packet :unsure:

I haven't started to feel them out yet but I have been looking at them and into them. I did find out the difference regarding the I864 and the I864ez form though lol I knew that it was more daunting but hope that since a lot of it is repeated of previous that it will be ok. I told him just yesterday that as soon as we know the interview date and I can sort the final details out about the wedding I was going to go ahead and start completing these so that I can hopefully have them mostly ready to go. But I had heard it was a little more than the original packet but after everything we'll all figure it out and help each other I'm sure. :D

Yeah I think we all will and it's been so great everyone being right in the same time frame so we all can keep up . I think it makes things so much better to be around people that understand. And thank you! I hope so too as I want to finalize everything sort of. lol I hope you guys do too soon as well, you sent your stuff about the same time so hopefully we will all get our letters next week some time! I keep checking the case number for it to have been updated thinking that will give me a clue as to when they get the medical results and when they send the letters but who knows really lol!

I could not agree more and I hope at least with some of you guys that we are all able to keep in touch here and there to see how things get on after. I'm sure it's nice to be able to have someone that understands. And any thoughts on where everyone might stay for the interview? I was looking at the Radisson that is about a 5 mins walk to the Embassy so he could hopefully get them to hold his bag. It's like 140 but I know he'll say that's too much but I don't think it is lol!

I mean for the size of the room it isn't great, but I would prefer him to be closer but he'll say get something cheaper and I'll walk lol

Hey Lee did you happen to notice if they updated your status on the system when they got your medical results? Do you know about how long it took for them to get them? Hate waiting lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our status was just updated today & the last time it was updated was last Friday. I know I can speculate what that means- but it's only been updated twice and the last time it was updated, James got his letter from the embassy the next day. So in my mind it means something....whether or no it does lol

Timeline

Hey Lee did you happen to notice if they updated your status on the system when they got your medical results? Do you know about how long it took for them to get them? Hate waiting lol

Yes, and I knew it was the medical results. I had to sort out that issue with the DS3025 with Knightsbridge and while on the phone I asked when they would send the papers off to the embassy., She told me they were going out that day and would be received the next day. The next day there was an update.

I also go an update when they replied to a message/query sent through the contact form.

The status updated the day they assigned the interview/issued the letter too. I hope that helps. Nothing since then I don't think. It's kind of pointless checking for me now as there is nothing further to be done other than attend the interview.

Deborah, about hotels, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Oxford Circus last trip to London and it was in a perfect location and not far from the embassy (according to my London-local friend who met me for lunch that day). Looking at the map it looks like a quick and easy walk. I only opted to stay near Kings Cross this time because it saved me bothering with another day's tapping my Oyster card on my arrival day. I paid mostly with airmiles but I did look at it for this trip and it was coming up around the same price as the Radisson, which I prefer to HI anyway. The prices vary widely by dates, days of the week and special offers. I found it cheaper to use third party sites like eBookers, Last Minute, Hotels.com (I hate their website though and have never ended up booking with them because of it), Expedia and also, check airlines' websites for hotel only deals. Last year I booked an airport hotel on the BA website and it was a fraction of the price of what it was elsewhere. I usually have about 20 tabs on my browser open at any given time, so what's another few :D

Lee & William

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.