4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys,so I have my app for my biometrics 9th April,is my husband able to come with me to my appointment or do I have to go Into the building alone ? Also how long does it normally take ?my appointment is at 3pm am I likely to be seen at that time or is it a lot of sitting around waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I was able to go in and wait with my husband for a while...then the waiting room filled up and they asked everyone who wasn't there for an appt to leave. NO CELL PHONES were allowed! Also, when they say your appointment is at X time...really it's a time slot, not an appt in a traditional sense, as there are LOTS of other people there and they seem to come in waves on the hour and my husband still had to take a number when he arrived. It took about 3 hours from start to finish for us in the DC area.

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Mine was on the 13th of this month. My husband had to wait at the "main" waiting area, I was told to fill out a form with my personal information and cases numbers then I had to go to the other waiting room with that paper plus the one I got in the mail alone, it took me about 35 min, there were about 7 people before me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Different ASCs, different rules (but as a previous user wrote, the 'appointment' time is just sent out in bulk, like the interviews at local consulates prior to the immigration move). If you're going to a large, built up city for biometrics then, for the main (excluding lucky one-offs), forget it. For example, Boston's allowed no +1s, no early walk-ins, and it was heaving/slow. Other people, other ASCs and you can arrive (days) early, bring a +1 and be in and out within twenty minutes. If your husband is able to go then I guess there's really nothing to lose, if he doesn't mind possibly being turned away and spending time on his own. Make a day of it.

There's that smell again...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.