14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello,

We are trying not to stress out about this and figuring out the best course of action.

I'll mention the facts and what we've gleaned we need to do and then any advice or experience of success concerning the same issue would be greatly appreciated.

My husband and I were married February 9, 2015 in Houston, Texas.

My husband entered the US on January 11, 2015 in Houston, Texas.

His electronic I-94 has a link to Travel History which is incorrect.

It states that he left the US on February 27, 2015. That is a date from the much cheaper return ticket which we purchased from US Airways.

My husband called and cancelled that reservation via phone as I advised him this was wise because of helpful advice of people having problems with airline manifests which I had researched on VisaJourney. However he was not offered and did not think to get a confirmation number when they accomodated him and cancelled the flight. :(

Well the manifest must not have been corrected because his travel history states that he left on that date- 2/27.

We don't have much evidence to the contrary besides his U.S. cell phone bill showing calls on the date and word of mouth from our family/ my coworkers... No time-stamped pictures or anything else. At least the erroneous date is after our actual marriage date but we're anxious it may still become a hassle or problem.

We are trying to contact the CBP Deferred Action office closest to us per VisaJourney advice. It is in Humble and their walk-in hours are not until tomorrow 1-3 pm an hour away from where we live.

Their voice-mail system is producing error messages that will not let us leave a message to make an appointment otherwise, and no human will answer to tell us what kind of evidence we might need to bring to them to get his record corrected.

We have also been on the 'customer service' (we use that term loosely here...) phone line for US Airways for the last 3 hours and cannot get through to any representative from their company due to the system identifying high rates of calls and the system then hanging up on us.

We have everything ready to submit AOS, AD, and EAP and are hoping to still do so today or tomorrow and hope that the record does not come back to bite us in the backend.

SO:

1) Do we only include page 1 of the I-94 and not the second page when you click through to travel history. Don't want to raise a red flag or include unnecessary information as that page is not expressly asked for.

Should we go ahead and file what we have and cross fingers and/or look into correcting the record with CBP in the meantime for interview stage?

2)How likely is it that this travel history will come into play and at what stage?

2) Any advice you can give on what we might need to do to better deal with the CBP Deferred Action office in correcting this would be invaluable as we cannot get them on the phone for the last three hours.

3) Any advice or experience you have on pursuing such matters with airlines successfully or with US Airways would also be of use

As always your guidance and advice is SO humbly appreciated VJ! Good luck on all of your journeys.

Julie and Danny

Hey there,

I have the same issue (quite common apparently). I bought a R/T ticket and I have incorrect depart date on my I94 (I cancelled the flight with United). I called United and apparently, they can't do anything about it... They suggested to send a mail to CBP.

And I've already submitted AOS (I received EAD AP).

I am also highly interested in knowing how to correct I94 travel history!

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

Biometrics - January 20, 2015

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

GC being produced August 1,2015

Timeline

Hey there,

I have the same issue (quite common apparently). I bought a R/T ticket and I have incorrect depart date on my I94 (I cancelled the flight with United). I called United and apparently, they can't do anything about it... They suggested to send a mail to CBP.

And I've already submitted AOS (I received EAD AP).

I am also highly interested in knowing how to correct I94 travel history!

Did you send in just the one page of electronic I-94?

My AOS package was received on Dec 27th, 2014

My R/T ticket return was Feb 12th so I 94 was correct at the time of filling.

When I enclosed I94, I think it was just the main page not showing travel history.

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

As stated, at this point there is nothing the airline can do for you. You would need to contact the nearest CBP Deferred Inspection office in order to get this resolved, as you are doing. They may be able to do it by phone / fax, or may require you to visit in-person.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I am in the same situation and I tried to call CBP but I can't reach them. I sent them an email explaining that I94 shows incorrect travel history however it seems to take minimum 2-3 business weeks!

Any phone number we should try instead of 1-877-CBP-5511 or 202-325-8000 ?

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

I have the exact same issue! I filed for AOS in the beginning of Jan, and my return ticket was for Jan 17th. We tried canceling the ticket twice actually, because the first time, it seemingly did not get cancelled, because I still received info on that flight to my email. Then my husband canceled it again, this time one day before the flight and we got a sort of a refund, it is what they call an open ended ticket that we received and supposedly I can use that against any of my future travels, if they happen within six months.. The thing is, we never got any confirmation either, other than the open ended ticket number.

I don't even know what made me check my I94, but I happened to go check it and it shows that I left the country on that date (Jan 17th), when I did no such thing. We have been trying to call around, called the airlines at least three times, and they agree that my flight was canceled and their system shows that we have a refund ticket in there, but we haven't received official confirmation on it. We've called cbp deferred inspection site, and they were helpful, but didn't do anything about the situation other than tell us to call our "local" one (it's four hours away, hardly local, heh). Well, I've tried calling that local site three times during their calling times, but they don't answer the phone.

At this stage, I literally do not know what to do. I just know that it needs to get corrected so that the official system doesn't show I left the country without AP which would lead to denial of AOS, because it would look like I abandoned the application. (There have been a few cases of this on here).

I too do not have much proof to show that I did not board the plane... I'm starting to get really nervous for this :(

We've been in a somewhat similar situation where our information wouldn't register on the electronic I-94 database. We went to a deferred inspection station and due to an issue with how the embassy processed my wife's visa, they were unable to "fix" the I-94 how they normally would. This caused them to have to show that she entered the US from a different POE than she actually did...and on a date after our wedding date. We sent our AOS paperwork last week, so we'll see what happens!

K1 Visa
Got Engaged: 2014-02-23
I-129F Sent: 2014-04-24
I-129F NOA1: 2014-05-01
I-129F NOA2: 2014-09-17
NVC Received: 2014-10-15
Consulate Received: 2014-10-30
Packet 3 Received: 2014-10-30
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-11-11
Interview Date: 2014-12-01
Interview Result: APPROVED
Visa Received: 2014-12-04
US Entry: 2015-01-08
Married: 2015-02-07

AOS/EAD/AP
Date Filed: 2015-03-18
NOA Date: 2015-03-26
Bio. Appt: 2015-04-14
Interview Date: 2015-06-04
Approval Date: 2015-06-04
Approved: YES
Got I551 Stamp: YES
Greencard Received: 2015-06-12

Lifting Conditions
Date Filed: 2017-04-02
NOA Date: 2017-04-10

Timeline

Well here's some interesting info.

We called the CBP Houston office yesterday and finally got an officer on the phone.

He said this kind of thing is happening all the time as a side effect of the switch over to the electronic I-94... i.e. the return ticket being entered as a departure anyway rather than cancelled (often despite cancellation)

He said if we came there (an hour's drive) it could be easily fixed.

We got there and waited about 15 minutes to be seen within the walk-in times they have.

They quickly dismissed us. It was the same guy.

He said that they didn't need to change it because we didn't need to include the second page 'travel history'... He said that a lot of that would show up wrong and that 'they' wouldn't even look at that as it was a 'civilian system' and 'none of their business'

i.e. not the official system.

I sure hope he didn't just shoo us out of there for something that WILL eventually become an issue...

He was highly irritable though and was being VERY officious/dismissive with everyone... we got out of there quick as we could but left wondering about the accuracy of his statements and whether we might have to return/ seek other recourse should the issue come up soon...

Regardless we mailed in our AOS with the Electronic I-94 page 1 only in all three instances (for AP and Ead)

FINGERS CROSSED.

Thought the community might be interested to know about the waves the electronic switch seems to be making...

Plenty of people have had the same issue, and their local Deferred Inspection office has fixed it for them. This could well be a problem down the road, but you've done what you can do to get it resolved.

Cross your fingers I guess. The CBP officer you spoke to sounds like a #######.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue! I filed for AOS in the beginning of Jan, and my return ticket was for Jan 17th. We tried canceling the ticket twice actually, because the first time, it seemingly did not get cancelled, because I still received info on that flight to my email. Then my husband canceled it again, this time one day before the flight and we got a sort of a refund, it is what they call an open ended ticket that we received and supposedly I can use that against any of my future travels, if they happen within six months.. The thing is, we never got any confirmation either, other than the open ended ticket number.

I don't even know what made me check my I94, but I happened to go check it and it shows that I left the country on that date (Jan 17th), when I did no such thing. We have been trying to call around, called the airlines at least three times, and they agree that my flight was canceled and their system shows that we have a refund ticket in there, but we haven't received official confirmation on it. We've called cbp deferred inspection site, and they were helpful, but didn't do anything about the situation other than tell us to call our "local" one (it's four hours away, hardly local, heh). Well, I've tried calling that local site three times during their calling times, but they don't answer the phone.

At this stage, I literally do not know what to do. I just know that it needs to get corrected so that the official system doesn't show I left the country without AP which would lead to denial of AOS, because it would look like I abandoned the application. (There have been a few cases of this on here).

I too do not have much proof to show that I did not board the plane... I'm starting to get really nervous for this :(

So finally they corrected it. I went to CBP office in Newark (where I arrived) and said that there is a mistake on my I94. He asked me my passport and thats it. It is better if you can bring cancellation ticket, I94 printed showing the error (and NOA for AOS if you have it).

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Figatelli, did you ever get a response to your email? And did you make an appointment to the deferred inspection site in Newark, or did you just walk in?

I also sent an email explaining the situation, now debating on whether or not to make the trip to our local site without an appointment, since they do not answer the phone to make an appointment. I'm just a little worried that I might get the same treatment as JulieandDanny, and waste 8 hours of driving.. *sigh*

Figatelli, did you ever get a response to your email? And did you make an appointment to the deferred inspection site in Newark, or did you just walk in?

I also sent an email explaining the situation, now debating on whether or not to make the trip to our local site without an appointment, since they do not answer the phone to make an appointment. I'm just a little worried that I might get the same treatment as JulieandDanny, and waste 8 hours of driving.. *sigh*

Not yet... No appointment made, they just said over the phone to come between 8am and 11am.

Good luck !!

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.