Janelle2002

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

308 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Such a twisted group are the left wing radicals. They are so intolerant of any view that differs from the ones they are fed by the left wing radical leaders and believe they validate their veiwpoint by attacking those who disagree. It's America folks. That's the way we roll. Having fun yet?

Examples?

Hardly petty man, or perhaps you aren't a man, but just one of the many variety of options provided in the drop down menus of Facebook. I'm in full support for anyone to describe themselves as being what they want to be. It would have been rude to deem him as a man, as he may not want that distinction. You need to broaden and open your closed mind.

You should call up whatever troll school you went to and ask for your money back. :energy:

Filed: Other Timeline

You should call up whatever troll school you went to and ask for your money back. :energy:

I just called them with that request, and they wanted me to pass along to you that they are offering one-half price petty panty unwadders this week only.

I just called them with that request, and they wanted me to pass along to you that they are offering one-half price petty panty unwadders this week only.

Do you mean "pretty panties"? Cause I wouldn't be caught dead in a pair of "petty panties". :goofy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Where are all of these cases of gays being oppressed by Christians? I see a whole lotta piling on the anti-Christian bandwagon, but no evidence that gays are being oppressed in America. However, there are people of faith who may not agree with their lifestyle. They're allowed not to agree with their lifestyle. There are laws in the US that are there to prevent one side from oppressing the other side simply because they don't agree. Good Americans allow for different points of view. Left wing radicals do not.

Dozens of homosexuals get fired and make the headlines every year--fired for being gay. The religion of their employers is rarely mentioned--with two exceptions 1) the person is a muslim so the firing can be used by the news outlet to tie in to anti-islamic headlines or 2) the person works for a Catholic school. Most non-straight folks have learnt not to apply for jobs where people are very clearly Christian because job security is more important than a single paycheque. We know we'll get fired if anyone spreads a rumour about us to our bosses.

There may be laws in the US that are there to prevent one side from oppressing the other, but they seem to not always apply to protecting gay people from oppression.

For example: In Texas, a name changed through homosexual marriage--even if the person has used that name for years and years--cannot be printed on a driver's license. It might seem a small thing, but when all of your other ID is in one name, having to use your birth name is rather a problem. And yes, you CAN avoid disclosing this by getting a passport in your married name, but people who do not travel or who do not have much money often cannot afford a passport. This means that for a straight person, a driver's license costs $25 but for a married gay person, a driver's license costs $25+$110 for a total of $135 dollars. That's a pretty big surcharge for being a married gay person.

Remember that thing I was talking about with job security? In 29 states, as of late 2014, it was still legal to fire someone for being gay. It's as simple as someone realizing that when Bob goes home, he climbs into the same bed as someone named Steve instead of Stephanie. Boom. Bob is fired.

In somewhere around 48 states, it is legal to subject children to conversion therapy--something lauded by the right wing as a parental right and a right of the parents' freedom of expression. Conversion or reparative "therapy" is consideredconsidered[/url] harmfulharmful[/url] by experts. So what about the gay kid's right to not be abused by so-called mental health professionals at the request of the parent? It doesn't exist. I could start naming the list of dead kids that have come to media attention who committed suicide after conversion therapy, but I think that might be taking things a bit too far and frankly, I find tracking down their names to be intensely upsetting for myself, so google that for yourself.

There are, as of 2012, the most recent statistics I could find, 399,546 children in foster care in the US, nationwide. Of those, approximately 24% or 95,891 are looking for adoptive parents. Florida straight out bans homosexuals from adopting, while three other states, Mississipi, Michigan and Utah, ban gay couples from adopting. Arkansas bans homosexuals from fostering children.

Then we have housing issues, something I have spent a lot of hours, personally, worrying about. In 29 states you can find it incredibly hard to find an apartment, simply because of your orientation. My wife was fortunate to find a housing complex where we will not face this, but if the management company changes, we run the risk of being evicted for being married to one another, because she lives in Texas.

Why don't we see tonnes and tonnes of media reports on these issues? Because for the most part, we're just trying to live our lives and watch out for the flaming potholes. Most of us manage to survive with minimal interference, but the laws on the books in even the most 'Christian' states make it so we live constantly under the shadow of new management destroying our lives.

But hey, it's not like anyone is discriminating against the gays, right?

Edited by Not a Tailor

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

Such a twisted group are the left wing radicals. They are so intolerant of any view that differs from the ones they are fed by the left wing radical leaders and believe they validate their veiwpoint by attacking those who disagree. It's America folks. That's the way we roll. Having fun yet?

Because refuting statements is totally an attack. Why do you assume that anyone explaining an opinion that dissents with yours is attacking you? Are you afraid of debate teams?

2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

Dozens of homosexuals get fired and make the headlines every year--fired for being gay. The religion of their employers is rarely mentioned--with two exceptions 1) the person is a muslim so the firing can be used by the news outlet to tie in to anti-islamic headlines or 2) the person works for a Catholic school. Most non-straight folks have learnt not to apply for jobs where people are very clearly Christian because job security is more important than a single paycheque. We know we'll get fired if anyone spreads a rumour about us to our bosses.

There may be laws in the US that are there to prevent one side from oppressing the other, but they seem to not always apply to protecting gay people from oppression.

For example: In Texas, a name changed through homosexual marriage--even if the person has used that name for years and years--cannot be printed on a driver's license. It might seem a small thing, but when all of your other ID is in one name, having to use your birth name is rather a problem. And yes, you CAN avoid disclosing this by getting a passport in your married name, but people who do not travel or who do not have much money often cannot afford a passport. This means that for a straight person, a driver's license costs $25 but for a married gay person, a driver's license costs $25+$110 for a total of $135 dollars. That's a pretty big surcharge for being a married gay person.

Remember that thing I was talking about with job security? In 29 states, as of late 2014, it was still legal to fire someone for being gay. It's as simple as someone realizing that when Bob goes home, he climbs into the same bed as someone named Steve instead of Stephanie. Boom. Bob is fired.

In somewhere around 48 states, it is legal to subject children to conversion therapy--something lauded by the right wing as a parental right and a right of the parents' freedom of expression. Conversion or reparative "therapy" is consideredconsidered[/url] harmfulharmful[/url] by experts. So what about the gay kid's right to not be abused by so-called mental health professionals at the request of the parent? It doesn't exist. I could start naming the list of dead kids that have come to media attention who committed suicide after conversion therapy, but I think that might be taking things a bit too far and frankly, I find tracking down their names to be intensely upsetting for myself, so google that for yourself.

There are, as of 2012, the most recent statistics I could find, 399,546 children in foster care in the US, nationwide. Of those, approximately 24% or 95,891 are looking for adoptive parents. Florida straight out bans homosexuals from adopting, while three other states, Mississipi, Michigan and Utah, ban gay couples from adopting. Arkansas bans homosexuals from fostering children.

Then we have housing issues, something I have spent a lot of hours, personally, worrying about. In 29 states you can find it incredibly hard to find an apartment, simply because of your orientation. My wife was fortunate to find a housing complex where we will not face this, but if the management company changes, we run the risk of being evicted for being married to one another, because she lives in Texas.

Why don't we see tonnes and tonnes of media reports on these issues? Because for the most part, we're just trying to live our lives and watch out for the flaming potholes. Most of us manage to survive with minimal interference, but the laws on the books in even the most 'Christian' states make it so we live constantly under the shadow of new management destroying our lives.

But hey, it's not like anyone is discriminating against the gays, right?

If you are expecting an intelligent reply, please don't hold your breathe. You will get a bunch of off topic sentences and a few pictures.

Timeline

If you are expecting an intelligent reply, please don't hold your breathe. You will get a bunch of off topic sentences and a few pictures.

Oh, I know. I just really like demonstrating how stupid people like Closed are. I know Closed will go WAH WAH WAH LET ME DERAIL but I get the satisfaction of having treated him reasonably and demonstrated that he doesn't have an argument to stand on. That whole post took me less than fifteen minutes to compose and it makes me feel good. I've got a terrible head cold and had to go home from work early so I figure I deserve a side of 'showing up fools' with my cough syrup dinner.

March 13, 2014 Married!

Filed: Other Timeline

No matter how much effort is expended to blame everyone who according to their religion disagree with same sex marriage and unions. As for those who discriminate against them, by firing, or demeaning, or assaulting, we have the criminal and civil courts to deal with that. In America, people are allowed to disagree with one viewpoint or another. Differences in belief are not dangerous. People whose intention it is to harm others, either by slander, insinuation, personal attack, assault, and other forms of tyranny should be stopped. If Joe's bakery whose religion does not accept gay lifestyles, chooses not to make a cake for a gay wedding, then the gay couple need only go next door to find someone who does agree. Trying to force that change in America will never stick and never work.

If the gay couple can't find anyone to make a cake, they can PM me and I will be happy to do my best with duncan hines and the frosting of their choice.