brien0512

help!! k1 question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How long does it takes to be in relationship before filing for k1 petition... were going to be 10 months on the day of my interview n my fiance visit me twice n he stays one week per visit

.. is there any redflags on it? Please help need advice just freakin nervous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you are together for ten month by the time of the interview, he must have filed for you very very quickly after you got together? Yes, that is a red flag, unless you mean you were together, but had not med before (ie internet relationship). It is good that you have two visits of a week each, if he can visit for the interview that would be even better.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

How long does it takes to be in relationship before filing for k1 petition... were going to be 10 months on the day of my interview n my fiance visit me twice n he stays one week per visit

There is no minimum time requirement.

When my wife interviewed at USEM for her K-1 visa, we were dating for 11 months. There was no issue in her getting approved. Of course I was also there for the interview.

Relax I think you'll be fine.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

There is no minimum time requirement.

When my wife interviewed at USEM for her K-1 visa, we were dating for 11 months. There was no issue in her getting approved. Of course I was also there for the interview.

Relax I think you'll be fine.

thank you so much makes me feel atleast little bit better and calm.. he cant be here on my interview due to work but he was about to join me on my interview unfortunately he cant make it

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No being in a relationship 10 months by interview time is NOT a red flag, in fact for the Philippines many are in the same range by interview time, some even a shorter time because of the quick processing the Philippines was getting at USCIS.

Relax 10 months is not an issue, in fact I have seen many going through the visa process for the Philippines sharing similar time frames.

If you popped over to the Philippines forum and asked this question you would fine you have no reason to be nervous. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

If you are together for ten month by the time of the interview, he must have filed for you very very quickly after you got together? Yes, that is a red flag, unless you mean you were together, but had not med before (ie internet relationship). It is good that you have two visits of a week each, if he can visit for the interview that would be even better.

:no: Well that isn't true at all... especially for the Philippines.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No being in a relationship 10 months by interview time is NOT a red flag, in fact for the Philippines many are in the same range by interview time, some even a shorter time because of the quick processing the Philippines was getting at USCIS.

Relax 10 months is not an issue, in fact I have seen many going through the visa process for the Philippines sharing similar time frames.

If you popped over to the Philippines forum and asked this question you would fine you have no reason to be nervous. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

:no: Well that isn't true at all... especially for the Philippines.

Thank you soo much Hank it makes me feel so much better ...your right we really thought our application will be approved around six months after we file n we thought upon interview we will be almost two years by then.. but it surprised us coz it has been approved in 27 days n that worry me too much... now i can sleep thank you soo much hank

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you soo much Hank it makes me feel so much better ...your right we really thought our application will be approved around six months after we file n we thought upon interview we will be almost two years by then.. but it surprised us coz it has been approved in 27 days n that worry me too much... now i can sleep thank you soo much hank

Next is NVC and getting your MNL # then everything will move quickly.

For details on the process in Manila follow the flashing arrow below in my signature.

Then make the Philippines forum your new hang out, lots of things in the process that are unique to the Philippines so you will do better asking your questions there. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Done with my interview earlier n my visa has been approved i been following ur link since i join visajourney n its been part of my k1 processing its been such a great help hank... i dont know how to thank you but let me say thank you thank thank you thank you sooo much for the help... i do really appreciate all ur help thank you

Congrats on your approval!

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.