mariyesteban

Made a mistake on DS-260, interview already scheduled

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yea did she mentioned the mistakes at the interview before they brought it up?

They never asked her about it. She said that she didn't even get a chance to mention it since everything went by fairly quickly. Honestly, if everything's right in your application and you made a small mistake on the DS-260, I don't think it matters much. I suppose unless your situation is complicated to begin with, you have nothing to worry about! Just my experience though!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hi,

She just answered any questions they asked her at the interview honestly and clearly as she could. I told her to be calm before the interview and mention it if anything came up. As long as you're honest and everything is legit, you'll be fine! :)

• 11 months later...
Filed: Timeline
On 14 November 2015 at 1:12 AM, mariyesteban said:

They never asked her about it. She said that she didn't even get a chance to mention it since everything went by fairly quickly. Honestly, if everything's right in your application and you made a small mistake on the DS-260, I don't think it matters much. I suppose unless your situation is complicated to begin with, you have nothing to worry about! Just my experience though!

I'm the same boat but I ve been approved and I'm waiting for DHL but I want to ask you that did she encounter any problem by the mistake on the ds260 during her entering in the port of USA ? ....or she traveled freely ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nana kwaku said:

I'm the same boat but I ve been approved and I'm waiting for DHL but I want to ask you that did she encounter any problem by the mistake on the ds260 during

39 minutes ago, Nana kwaku said:

I'm the same boat but I ve been approved and I'm waiting for DHL but I want to ask you that did she encounter any problem by the mistake on the ds260 during her entering in the port of USA ? ....or she traveled freely ?

entering in the port of USA ? ....or she traveled freely ?

I was in the same position made a few minor mistakes but answered honestly at the interview and entry was ok.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, Sherja said:

Yes good you are here ...I mean afterthought consular approved her and she picked up her passport with visa in it..when she was traveling with it to you in the USA did she got into any problem with that mistake she had on her ds260 ? 

I also answered Consular honestly I approved and now I'm waiting for my passport with the visa in it but I'm worried when I'm traveling there will problem because I also had minor mistake on my ds260 already ..thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nana kwaku said:

Yes good you are here ...I mean afterthought consular approved her and she picked up her passport with visa in it..when she was traveling with it to you in the USA did she got into any problem with that mistake she had on her ds260 ? 

I also answered Consular honestly I approved and now I'm waiting for my passport with the visa in it but I'm worried when I'm traveling there will problem because I also had minor mistake on my ds260 already ..thanks 

I did not have any problems entering and my daughter didn't either.

• 3 weeks later...

my wife and me filled out our ds 260 and we got complete approved packet and interview date but the address we put down was my prior address i was living there before but i moved now . We didn't update the address because we were scared it would affect the interview date. Do you think it will be ok>?

Timeline
5 hours ago, scuba steve said:

my wife and me filled out our ds 260 and we got complete approved packet and interview date but the address we put down was my prior address i was living there before but i moved now . We didn't update the address because we were scared it would affect the interview date. Do you think it will be ok>?

We were worried about the mistake, but in our case, we were never asked about it. That being said, I printed out all of the correct information just in case we were asked about it. As long as you tell the truth and let them know it was an honest mistake, you should be fine! Good luck :)

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.